It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texan 'hero' shoots and kills burglars

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

I think you have it turned around. The reason we have the right to bear arms is to prevent the government from stripping away our rights. (i.e. British army)

And if that's your thoughts on the subject then why not execute anyone who breaks any law.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Boy, there certainly are some sickos on here. I love how the human race pulls together like it does.

To all the geniuses who think this guy was in the right, WAKE UP!!! I'll tell you what, how about if whenever we see someone breaking the law, we kill them. Hell, they're 'criminals'. GUILTY!

My Property is worked hard and long for. If someone comes to take it they deserve nothing less than Death, whether I kill them, my Neighbors, or the police with thier nasty tasers.

This doesn't make you sound hick-like or redneck at all.

This guy took 2 people's lives without hesitation and with premeditation. I've done dumb things before, it doesn't mean my life should be stricken from me when it didn't have to.

The only just cause for the 'Make My Day Law' is if the person feels THREATENED. I think this texan scumbag might have a hard time showing that. If you're wondering how I know, guess what, I went to police academy in Colorado, so I know how the law there works.

Just so everybody knows now, whenever you see someone break the law, just kill them, problem solved. Hell, you'll even be hailed as a 'hero'.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

Thats why insurance prices are out of control .Insurance should be able to pay for mother nature. $5 dollars in shot gun shells is a lot cheaper why to stop a thief.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
It's truly a puzzle, because deterrence has been shown not to work, iirc.

Some countries will cut off the hand of the person who steals.

Not sure if crimes of theft are less frequent in those regimes.

Sometimes I like the mantra 'an armed society is a polite society'.

I also like the idea that taking a license number would be a good idea, but most criminals will steal the car they use. So, uh, cancel that - though good thought.

This shows why we need to understand the mindset of 'predators'. It's different than 'civilians'. The predators have now learned to use the legal system as another of their 'tools'. You do anything they sue you.
Heck they probably have 'classes' on this in lockup. Another reason why the use of prisons isn't always a good idea. We've created our own 'botany bay' and these predators are only getting better and more adept at doing crimes when they get out.

Though it's not exactly 'justice' in the societal sense, it can be appropriate justice for the individual. That's a key concept.

In a twisted sort of way, it might be good for a society to read about perps that got instant justice now and then.

(shrug)

Very well put.

Instant Justice!!

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Death for theft? That's justice?

You're no better than those psychos who stone women to death for adultery.

Sickening.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Song "Golden Boy" by Primus..Last verse
When asked if he ever felt remorse while sittin' up in that pen
He said "Hell no, ya know a thief's a thief
And I'd shoot that f***** again".

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by deadcatsrule

I don't think you quite get what the song Golden Boy is about. But good luck to you,

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATruGod
If the Law posted above( page 1) is Factual then I'd say he appears to have been in the bounds of the Law.

The other person would have specifically asked him to protect his property.

Has anyone got proof that this is the case?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Sickening.

A slap on the wrist for stealing someone elses sense of peace and security? Thats Justice?

Your no better than the Lawyers that allow murders to get away with it cause they can afford a good defense.

Sickening

About the Redneck remark....Thats cute I would protect my House and what I've worked for and that makes me a Redneck?
*shakes head*

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

Please, spare us. If you've ever been around people who "put in work," you really have no idea what you're talking about. You really, really don't. If you think they care about police or the people inside the house they don't. They care about getting that loot and that is all. They have no regard for other parties involved and murder may have been overkill, but sometimes bad people have to die. It's what humans do. Sorry that sounds harsh, but it's reality. Deal with it.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

I'm pretty sure the law refers to security guards and the like, not people who happen to witness theft.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Sickening.

You know what, you forgot to say "racist".

And you forgot to say the world would be a better place without those evil racist white male property owners exploiting everyone else and making real humyn beengs poor.

And robbers sometimes condemn their victims to slow death when they steal life savings and valuable medical supplies. That has been known to happen. But, criminal scum are just humyn beengs, which is one step towards them having more rights than innocent hard-working people.

Go back to the People's Republic of Kampuchea, sicko!

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

Has nothing to do with it being a "redneck." I'm a vegan graffiti kid and I'll tell you right now that I would blast dudes if they came into my residence or may be forced to put the blast on them depending on how the events played out after I would confront them.

[edit on 1-12-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATruGod
A slap on the wrist for stealing someone elses sense of peace and security? Thats Justice?

What's the slap on the wrist you speak of?

Robbery comes with a harsh sentence, just not death. And if they were armed, then armed robbery comes with a harsher punishment.

Your no better than the Lawyers that allow murders to get away with it cause they can afford a good defense.

You seem to think I agree with robbery. I don't. But I disagree with murder even more. And the comparison to death for adultery is much more apropos for this case.

Sickening

Kill all the Lawyers!!!

[edit on 1-12-2007 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Flyer

I'm pretty sure the law refers to security guards and the like, not people who happen to witness theft.

Actually a simple "watch my place while I'm gone" should suffice. Which most neighbors do regularly and actually its something thats on going (at least in my nighborhood).

[edit on 1-12-2007 by ATruGod]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Well done Texas, U.S.A.

Such inhumane, disgusting and immoral behaviour.

When you incorporate systems such as guns laws and the death penalty, you are telling society "in some cases it is perfectly okay to murder/kill another human being."

What then happens is that violence breeds violence. People take that message on board and commit attrocities such as high school shootings and serial murders et al.

Remember, in some cases it is perfectly okay to murder/kill another human being.

Live by the sword die by the sword and all that jazz.

And to the dolt that mentioned that the parents of the victims, yes they are victims, should be blamed. Maybe you should take a step back my friend and take a damn good look a yourself. These 2 people that were murdered were victims before they broke in to anyone's home. Statistically these 2 people were probably let down by the system, as were their parents and theirs before them.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Even the good old God-fearing Texans would rather murder than forgive.

What a sad state of affairs.

Edit - removed the 911 reference as I feel the vegan graffitti kid had a point. there aint no accounting for stuff like that.

[edit on 1/12/2007 by skibtz]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Even so, he would have specificially asked his neighbour to protect his property for that law to have any application at all.

He will probably get off because of the redneck culture there but hes a danger to everyone in his neighbourhood.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Thank you for telling me what other people care about. I'm glad that you know how everybody thinks, thank you. Your wisdom of others amazes me.

And you are wrong about me, so what does that say about your assessment of others? Just curious.

That texan killed those people, and although they deserve punishment, I think death by a texan who wanted to go hunting is a little more than just a little overkill.

I guess my whole point is, shouldn't the punishment fit the crime?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by skibtz
Well done Texas, U.S.A.

Such inhumane, disgusting and immoral behaviour.

When you incorporate systems such as guns laws and the death penalty, you are telling society "in some cases it is perfectly okay to murder/kill another human being."

What then happens is that violence breeds violence. People take that message on board and commit attrocities such as 911, high school shootings and serial murders et al.

Remember, in some cases it is perfectly okay to murder/kill another human being.

Live by the sword die by the sword and all that jazz.

And to the dolt that mentioned that the parents of the victims, yes they are victims, should be blamed. Maybe you should take a step back my friend and take a damn good look a yourself. These 2 people that were murdered were victims before they broke in to anyone's home. Statistically these 2 people were probably let down by the system, as were their parents and theirs before them.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Even the good old God-fearing Texans would rather murder than forgive.

What a sad state of affairs.

Give us a break. You can only give so much to people, who do nothing but take, and take, and take. The system didn't fail these people. These people failed themselves long before the system ever failed them. And polarizing the situation with the likes of acts of domestic terror and major "terror" attacks does nothing for your talking point either, because they're highly irrelevant. People that take the personal responsibility out of criminals hands and blame it on the state or federal governent have quite the convoluted view on reality.

Hold people accountable for their actions. Period.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

Yeah, I kind of liked it too.

Anyway, I LOVE how you downplay and upplay the right things to make it sound like you're right. Hmmm, let's see here:

A slap on the wrist for stealing someone elses sense of peace and security?

Please tell me what you are referring to when you say this. Do you know what the judge would have sentenced them to? No? Didn't think so. So comparing a 'slap on the wrist' and stealing someone else's 'peace and security' are 2 relative terms.

Thats cute I would protect my House and what I've worked for and that makes me a Redneck?

I never said anything about protecting your property making you a redneck. I said

If someone comes to take it they deserve nothing less than Death,

does.

Don't take things and downplay them to make a point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join