It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texan 'hero' shoots and kills burglars

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anubis Kanubis
Even if he didn't fear for his life, it was a legal action defending his neighbor's property...

Good shooting. Just the fact that these two would break into homes in broad daylight is just practically putting your life on the line. The man wasn't just defending his neighbors, he was defending his neighborhood. What if these guys came back with their crowbar? He also waited for police as long as he possibly could.

Texas is great. He will be praised, not jailed.

I really do not feel at home on ATS when I read all these comments.
Is is stuff, people. Things. We are truly still apes.
Stealing is utterly stupid, especially when you live on a apelike planet like ours.
Shooting people is like killing your own spirit.
What a waste! When things go down in the America, you people will all be shooting each other and eating each others brains for breakfast. Just as the NWO pack wants you to.
Our citizens are trained for murder with years and years of watching violence on and off screen.
What do all these gunmen think they are going to do when the turn comes. Nothing, they will be powerless with their metal scraps.
The only way up is through the mind. We are capable of so much more.

When somebody robs your neighbour, just call the police. In my country this "hero" would be in jail for 20 years.

[edit on 1-12-2007 by Pjotr]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by skibtz
It happened because Texans voted in certain gun laws, making them partly responsible for the outcome of those laws.

Texans voted in the second amendment? Again, let us have a little history lesson.

The second amendment was authored by our forefathers as a means to ensure that we never again had to listen to British people butting in on American gun laws and so that our government would never be able to put millions of cameras on out streets to watch us.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
Sounds that those words are of a weak man. I fear no man, armed or not. Life isn't about fear, but being fearless. Doesn't mean I don't have a Mac 10 and a few 30 round clips, but using a gun as an equalizer in life is kind of petty.

"God created man, Sam Colt made them equal."

You are living in a fantasy if you think there are not people out there bigger than you that could kill you with there bare hands.
Im 5'10" 220 pounds. I box. Even then I know that some guy could get wacked out on meth and end up trying to kill me. Say some guy 6'6" 280 pounds freaks out and decides he wants to see what its like to cave my skull in. You can decide hes no man to fear, but I'll take a .45 anyday.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Oh, looky here, more proof that Texans are all inbred morons: From the wiki article

Texas is internationally known for its energy and aeronautics industries, and for the ship channel at the Port of Houston—the largest in the U.S. in international commerce and the sixth-largest port in the world.[7] The state is home to the most Fortune 500 companies and has the second-largest economy in the U.S.[8][9] The Texas Medical Center in Houston contains the world's largest concentration of research and healthcare institutions

Yep, sounds back woods to me.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

Tell me that the world would not be better off if criminals could not reproduce. Think of the tax money saved on welfare. Idiots who do not want to hold a job will inevitably teach their offspring the same family values.

[edit on 12-1-2007 by groingrinder]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

Thank god I don't live my life by sayings of deadmen.

U2U as to not derail the thread.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
"God created man, Sam Colt made them equal."

Amen.

And Mr. Colt called his invention the "equalizer."

Check out my avatar. If she was in civilized places like England, New England and California, any large man could have his way with her.

Because she has a gun, a large man must arm himself to be her equal.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
does anyone here know what it is like to be invaded?
true story for ya.....some of heard it already.
in 1984 a guy busted into our house. he was passing along and saw a harley decal on my dads car. he decided to bust in and confront so he could get the keys to my dads 'sled'...funny thing is, my dad didn't have a scoot then....just a decal....

dude pulls out a gun and hits my dad on the head with it...the clip falls out and my mother dives on the clip and my dad and the guy start to rumble. my parents certainly didn't know what weapons he had..

people should have the right to feel SAFE and SECURE in their home...
i am of the opinion that if you bust into someones house, you risk death...

are we supposed to ask intruders what they are breaking in for?

do they want keys to a bike that does not exist? are they like richard ramirez(the night stalker) and likes to beat and rape women?

there are thousands of what if's.....

i do know this, laws be damned. if someone breaks into my home, i WILL kill them. i will have no choice then to ASSume that they are there to hurt myself and/or my wife and i won't let that happen.

if i have to go up for murder, thats fine....at least my wife will be safe and alive.

this hapened to me when i was a kid and i have major issues in my life because of it.

instincts kick in...protect you and yours...

i wouldn't be rubbing people off for breaking into the neighbors.....i would try to help(maybe), and call the cops but if i hear a tussle, i would go check it out.
---------

i'm serious though. how many here have been the victim of a home invasion?
how many of you saw(at 7 yrs old) your mother on a guys back trying to cut into his neck with a blade?
what about blood all on the walls, the fridge knocked over, the phone ripped out of the wall.?

it tends to change how you look at things.
sure, they might be there just to steal your tv and dvd player. BUT, they might also be there to commit horrible crimes against you....

i will be shooting first. gun is right next to my bed...
this will NOT happen to me again.

if that makes me selfish, thats fine.
i'm selfish

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
TBH I wish we had something similar to the right to use any and every force to defend your life and property here in the UK...I've been burgled, robbed at knife and at gunpoint, and for that reason, I will kill (given the chance) any intruder/mugger...Eff the law, if you weild a weapon at me, I'll take that as an act of attempting murder/manslaughter and act accordingly

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATruGod

sense of peace and security?

and there you have it.
to those posting in this thread, do you feel comfortable in your home? i sure hope you do but just humor me and imagine what it would be like if you NEVER felt safe in your house...

nobody has the right to take that from you....point of fact is, the homeowner does not know what the burglar is there for, what weapons they have and what their intentions are...

we're supposed to call the fuzz and wait for them to come and take pics?

thats what myy parents did. my mother was able to get me out of the house and to the neighbor and they called the cops.

yeah, it was a cool scene...i remember seeing the medics working on the guy that just tried to kill my parents while my dad held a rag on his head that was busted open.
then my grandfather gets there and moves for the burglar and the cops draw down on him....

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

i wouldnt mind having him for my neighbor-----------just as long as------he liked me ! if the 2 guys he shot refused to stay put once he confronted them then they ------"shot themselves" but to shoot them outside in daylight? if they stood and put their hands in the air waiting for the cops to come -----it would smack of murder to me.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by Rasobasi420

Tell me that the world would not be better off if criminals could not reproduce. Think of the tax money saved on welfare. Idiots who do not want to hold a job will inevitably teach their offspring the same family values.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

Point 1-
The criminal mind is not hereditary. Criminals could and do give birth to geniuses from time to time. These geniuses could change the world for the better.

Point 2-
The description of a criminal changes depending on your location in the world, and the values of those in power. Lest you forget that while under German occupation the French resistance fighters were criminals.

Point 3-
You say that those on welfare are idiots who don't want to hold a job?

They're poor, not criminals.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

Awww. Ever so defensive aren't we.

Anti-Brit? Patriot?

Do you not think that the ammendments et al that you all seem so tightly bound by are not outdated?

Do they not require alignment with the modern world?

Do you not feel capapble of standing against an antiquated, irrelevant authority thrust upon you by masons?

[edit on 1/12/2007 by skibtz]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith
I've been burgled, robbed at knife and at gunpoint

Wait, certainly not in Jolly Old England! Sure you weren’t in Texas at the time?

I thought you guys got rid of all the guns years ago! Well, you must have pulled out your gun to defend yourself against the life threatening violence, right? Oh, that’s right, your government guaranteed the criminal that you would be disarmed.

I like your attitude, you put half of my country men to shame. Move to Nevada and I will GIVE you pistol and teach you to shoot it. Oh, and you will find that you will probably never need it, cause over here we teach our bad guys to fear even the old ladies with .357s in their purses.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei

Yea, try telling that to the countless robbers that are multiple time felons who walk away with 3 months of probation and 40 hours of community service work.

J

yup...the guy that broke into our home was never prosecuted in florida. thats where we lived when it happened.
the prosecutor had him extradited to texas i think it was to do time there for, you guessed it, armed robbery(burglary)...
he did not do any time for what he did to me and my family...

i just looked him up. living in los lunas new mexico. he is 52 years old.

this happened when i was 6-7, so, 1984.

cut to 23 years later and dude is out....has been out for quite some time cause i have his home address history...

so, did the punishment fit the crime?
armed buglary...toss in some battery and attempted murder and you have some serious charges....
when you put a gun in someones face and struggle with them over weapons, pretty sure it is attempted murder....

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
Check out my avatar. If she was in civilized places like England, New England and California, any large man could have his way with her.

Because she has a gun, a large man must arm himself to be her equal.

Ha, the point must be made that if she were in a "civilized" place like NE a large man would more likely respect her from the start and not want to rape her.

but if she lives in texas and in constant fear of large men attempting to rape her, then by all means, pack heat. I feel sorry for her actually.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Am I missing something here? I don't think what this man did was legal because the property he was protecting wasn't his and he was not his neighbor's caretaker as far as we know. The law is referring to someone you are ACTUALLY taking care of, such as perhaps your parents with Alzheimer's, NOT a neighbor.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Awww. Ever so defensive aren't we.
Being defensive worked for us when we got tired of listening to you guys in the past. We were "defensive" all the way to your decendents graves.

Do you not think that the ammendments et al that you all seem so tightly bound by are not outdated?

Why would we want to get rid of them? So we can live in fear of our rulers and fellow man like you do? No thanks, no cameras in my living room.

BTW, you may be right about us bloodthirsty Americans after all. After what I have been through and the oaths I have sworn to that constitution I would have more than words for you had you uttered that remark to my face. Careful what you say if you ever meet an American in real life who isn’t from Rhode Island.

Do they not require alignment with the modern world?

If you understood the meaning behind the 2nd you would understand that it is just as relevant in the modern world, if not more so. Of course I see how you have allowed your nanny-state to take over your life so I expect that you weren’t educated as to the true meaning of the 2nd.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

You're not wrong there squire.

You know, I think that's the first time I got called a "squire" - I hope you don't mean it in a bad way, 'cause I looked up and it says that it also means a "little b*tch"

[edit on 1-12-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim_Kraken
Am I missing something here? I don't think what this man did was legal because the property he was protecting wasn't his and he was not his neighbor's caretaker as far as we know.

I'm don't think the question is about property protection in this case Jim.

The question is, was he in fear of his life when they lunged at him while he was on his own property.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join