It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeti footprint found !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Just came across this on Yahoo. Footprints found around Mt. Everest are stirring the myth of the abominable snowman.

Here's a link to the story...

Let me start off by saying that I strongly believe in the possibility that this undocumented creature does exist, and might actually be the same species of elusive creature as the mysterious bigfoot.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Here's more info from the BBC...

news.bbc.co.uk...

I like the fact that they're not saying it IS a yeti print for definite; be interesting to see a comparison to a print from a Himalayan Brown Bear.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
That show Destination Truth is a good one IMHO. Josh Gates (the host) clowns around alot, but some of the areas he goes to are pretty crazy. Hopefully they capture some film footage of it.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Dang, you guys beat me too it. Oh well, maybe next time. Interesting story nonetheless.

Pretty ironic that is was the people purposely looking for these 'mythical' creatures that found it rather than other 'bystanders' which is usually the case.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Dubious?

Extensive Edit: my bad. Just read the other art. and it was 'sandy soil'. So nevermind.

The main thing to look for in a track is the way the stepping off pushes up a ridge of material just behind the forefoot. If just a 'cardboard cutout' type of BF track, like a wooden plank carved into an inflexible foot shape, then=bogus.

Some say their foot doesn't flex same as man, but still needs that push off ridge, imo.

Otherwise, initially exciting but ultimately disappointing, imo.

[edit on 1-12-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   
When I heard about this on the news, I didn't realize it was for a TV showl.
Not that this should change the outcome, but as someone mentioned, it does seem a little too convenient.

I do feel the creature could exist, I just don't think this footprint belongs to it.

Footprint may not be Yeti

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Did I call it or what? LOL.

Not even a 'footprint', imo.

Made by the guy who found it? 95%

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Yea, these types of reports never really excite me too much.

You just never know with prints as there are so many factors to consider from the time it's actually made until the cast is observed. IMO, too many things can influence the outcome.

I am of the opinion that it has to be a fresh track in very viscous mud and the cast has to be done perfectly.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Yeah, the only tracks that get me a little fired up are the ones where they actually have dermal ridges and patterns in the detail. Those are pretty amazing, particularly if the person mapping them has experience in that area (like a forensics expert).

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Experts in Nepal raise doubts over US 'Yeti' footprint claims

Mountaineering and wildlife officials in Nepal said Monday they doubted whether footprints found by a United States team from a science fiction programme were those of a Yeti.

The host and crew from "Destination Truth" spent around a week in the foothills of Mount Everest and returned to the capital Kathmandu last week with claims that they had found footprints belonging to the legendary creature.

"The footprints may be from a Himalayan bear," Ang Tshering Sherpa, the president of Nepal Mountaineering Association told AFP after looking at pictures of the prints.

"It is believed that Yetis have only four toes but the footprints recorded by the US team have five toes," said Sherpa, whose father went unsuccessfully looking for the legendary beast in the 1950s.

The Yeti -- described as massive half-human, half-ape-like creature -- has captured the imagination of explorers and climbers in the Himalayas for generations.

Dozens of costly expeditions have taken place, none of which have proved the existence of the beast.

After seeing what he thought was a fleeting glimpse of a Yeti in 1986, climbing legend Reinhold Messner began investigating the myths and stories that surround it.

In his 1998 book "My Quest for the Yeti," Messner concludes that it only exists in peoples' imaginations and the Himalayan black bear was probably behind most sightings.

"Destination Truth" -- which investigates the existence of mythical creatures -- is being made for an American science fiction channel.

Host Joshua Gates told AFP Saturday that the programme would further investigate the footprints, which were found last week on the bank of the Manju River, 150 kilometres (94 miles) northeast of Kathmandu.

"The footprint is 13 inches (33 centimetres) long and the toes span nine inches (23 centimetres) across," Gates told AFP at a hotel in Kathmandu.

"This is really an intriguing piece of evidence and we all feel a little bit unable to explain what we saw," he said.

But Laxmi Manandhar, a spokesman at the Department of National Parks and Wildlife Conservation, told AFP: "People living in the high Himalayas believe in this strange creature called a Yeti but nobody has actually seen it.

"The footprint castings brought by the US television crew are strange, but there is no supporting evidence to back up the claim that these are footprints of the Yeti."

DOUBTS RAISED ALREADY

join