It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faking a Meteor Impact with Earth!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I just thought about this. It just dawned on me, like in an instant, and never before have I thought of anything so sinister. Try to follow this..

We can all see for our own eyes, courtesy of NASA and the like, that there are near-Earth comet / meteor crossings, the biggest and most deadly, named "Apophis" which is Greek for Death or some such. It is set to pass near the Earth once between now and 2024, then in 2036 it is expected to pass yet again, this time dangerously close to Earth, closer than any near this size have ever come. Theres a "small possibility" it may collide with Earth or the moon, but everyone is playing the odds game and saying it is nothing to lose sleep over.

I disagree completely. We all can read about the slow and deliberate weaponization of space by the United States Government, and to a lesser extent, with China and Russia. There are space weapons that the USA has that are truly top secret that we can only guess about, if you believe 1/10th of what you read.

Now would it not be extremely simple to strike the Earth with a space weapon, deliberately, on the exact day, at the exact estimated moment (courtesy of NASA and the European Space Agency) that the meteor "Apophis" makes the nearest moment of its' crossing with the Earth? The first time it flies by, which will not be a very dangerous pass by most standards, could be the "test" , where a non-damaging, prototype version of this space weapon, which could simply be a nuclear device in full damaging form, is "aimed and tested" at the Earth for purposes of seeing if it is possible to do it at the exact millisecond that the meteor is at its' closest point of crossing, exactly at the spot on Earth where the meteor would be estimated to hit, if it indeed hit the planet at all. This is assuming they didn't have the full ability and/or the desire to do this during the first crossing. I'm citing the nature of the dual passing with a less than 20 year window inbetween.

So during the second passing, a space weapon could be deployed against Earth extremely successfully, especially if the most likely point of impact is an enemy of the country, or a nation the world would be better off without in the opinion of the nation which deployed the space weapon.

Have any of you actually considered this before, and its plausibility? I think it would be an awesome depopulation scheme, I mean just think if China was the most likely point of impact, or India, Russia, Saudi Arabia, or Israel? I'm sure you get my drift. Or even the most sinister of all, hitting ones' own country to create conditions with which to completely restructure whats left of the nation into a snap dictatorship capitalism, where the high-ups live in luxury and the rest of the country looks like a Mad Max wasteland. I will admit hitting ones' own country would be almost insane, but I could potentially see this happening to an enemy nation. The thought has profound implications, in my opinion.

[edit on 12/1/2007 by runetang]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
NASA lies so much that it would be easy for them even today to say that a unseen meteor struck the planet, and the world would accept it.

join