It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Flag Hung Over U.S. Flag After Perpetrators Scale Huge Radio Tower

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Mexican Flag Hung Over U.S. Flag After Perpetrators Scale Huge Radio Tower

www.infowars.com

There is a growing sense of outrage in Kalispell Montana after a Mexican flag was erected in front of a U.S. flag 200 feet up a huge tower that belongs to the oldest radio station in America - KGEZ.

Station owner John Stokes said that he was getting calls from angry supporters of the extremist La Reconquista movement, a separatist group that advocates the violent overthrow of the southern and western U.S. states, before also receiving death threats.

Two Mexican males entered the premises of KGEZ and demanded that another U.S. flag that was on a flagpole be taken down because it was "disrespectful". The flag was later stolen.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Seems it's true that you can't always get what you want.
Makes you wonder why it's illegal.

If all the native Americans had flags, do you think they would be doing similar things?

This is not the first case of a Mexican flag being flown above another.

Wednesday, Oct 3, 2007

A Veteran from Reno, Nev. has hit headlines after he took matters into his own hands and tore down a Mexican flag that was being illegally flown above a U.S. flag at a local business.
infowars.net...

Mexican flag raised over post office in Maywood, CA.

You tube
Sunday May 27, 2007

Illegal aliens take down the American flag and replaced it with the Mexican flag.
www.prisonplanet.com...

Arizona Daily Star
Tucson, Arizona | Published: 04.12.2006

A Tucson man was arrested Tuesday for his role in the burning of a Mexican flag as part of a counterprotest at a pro-immigration rally.
At about 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, Tucson police cited Roy Warden, 58, on suspicion of assault, criminal damage and reckless burning, and then released him, according to Sgt. Decio Hopffer.
www.azstarnet.com...

And here's the link to the police blotter reporting the latest 'flag waving protest'..
www.flatheadbeacon.com...

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Its funny how Mexicans love their country so much, but try to send them back and thell tear their finger nails out trying to stay to the ground here. They need to grow some nuts and have a revolution in their country so they can run it the way they want. All out troops who have died in defense of America, died for Americans not Mexicans.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Being Mexican-American in CA, it dissapoits me that such acts are happening, and it shames essentially an entire race over something stupid. Those who perpetrated the act should remember what coutry they're in and how come they are able to do what their doing........despicable. I hate it when the Hispanic minority complains about Amnesty and such, they should be grateful ICE isnt coming onto their families/family members (if illegal) harder then they should; in all honesty, if the Gov. wanted to, all 12+ million illegals would be back where they were started, staring at the electrified fence bordering the US and Mexico. But alas, "la raza" has to find more rights than the average American possibly does. Tis life, when balancing morality/ethics and the love for ones country in the US. What i mean by that is that the US Gov. has not gone all crazy, like hardcore, on immigration because of the human ethics and morality involved. And on the other hand, the Hispanic minority, while still showing support for the country that let them in, still blatently condemn the US, the very country that allows them to stay! Just look at the May Day parade, both of them, had people who had a total disregard for the US in terms of buring the flag and trashing it.

@Tac109

I understand what your trying to convey, and its good to see that you are not beating aroud the bush about what your saying, but maybe for other people, tone it down a little, opinion wise. Personally, i am not offended that much at all (i guess i am more white then Mexican! lol) at what you said, but its kind of ignorant to say that when you dont know some info. Mexico is not as bad as everyone thinks, its economy is getting stronger, creating closer ties with the US and its neigboring countries, its Democratic system is , albeit kinda rocky, is getting there, and are trying hard to become a better nation. Its just that the US presents more of a viable choice between their country and ours.

This is all my opinion, though too.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Both of your comments were well spoken, and with tact. I fear I don't have quite the same tack in this situation. I am rather out raged that some group of people probably here illegally want to remove a flay from the front of a building that represents the nation that it is in.
I just don't get where these people think there coming from. I hope the government will be on top of this. Perhaps a public arrest will send a message.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I don't really care. Whoopdey doo you hung your flag above ours, you win, all of our bases are belong to you.

IMHO it's just a prank.

However no one should do anything like this because it wont be so funny if you fall.

ps. Never forget that country was stolen and a lot of people got slaughtered in the process. Or think of it this way - you can forget but I don't think anyone else is going to.

[edit on 1-12-2007 by discomfit]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
There will come a time when Mexico will want back the Southern Western States, those states were apart of Mexico. However, the call for "return of land" will only come when there is a Mexican majority in those areas.

And it will happen.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   
We, the US, has deported over two million Mexican Americans before (1931-1935)...why can't it be done now? Start with the illegal ones and don't stop until you get to the ones that are legal and swear allegiance to the U.S.
harsh? yes, sure it is. Or we can just keep givng a little and then a little more...when does it end?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

It is already happening. they call it "La Reconquista" it is going on all around you, slowly but steadily they are reclaiming what they lost...without firing a single bullet.
take a look at the latest census reports if you really want a scare.

quickfacts.census.gov...

some quick facts as of 2005.
Hispanic population percentages:

California 35.2% - Los Angeles 46.5%
Arizona 28.5% - Phoenix 34.1%
New Mexico 43.4% - Albuquerque 40.0%
Texas 35.1% - Houston 37.4%

Just the facts as of 2 years ago! imagine what they are now....

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I personally think that anyone who commits acts like this (yes, including all the clowns who waved Mexican flags in the marches) should be charged with treason for the exact reason that Infinite spoke of; Mexico is using the reproduction of their people in the US as a means of retaking the American Southwest hence they are levying war against the US which = treason.

A nation is under no obligation to allow immigration so therefore the least that the immigrants can do is make very effort to assimilate and put the "old country" behind them.

[edit on 1-12-2007 by ChrisF231]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I believe it was President Fox whould said;

"Our Mexican nation stretches beyond our borders"

Mexico, in time, will make a claim for the Southwestern States, and I think the United States will be in no position to decline. Especially if we see a North American Union.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
If they want to fly a Mexican flag they need to go back to Mexico.
I ran across this site awhile back.illegal.globalincidentmap.com...
But I have no affiliation, with it only view for personal use

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The Federal Government might not object but you can sure bet that We the People will. That land is American soil and I will not sit by and let a band of corrupt 3rd World politicians tell me what is and isent the land of my country and I can almost guarantee that I wont be alone ...

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
The Federal Government might not object but you can sure bet that We the People will. That land is American soil and I will not sit by and let a band of corrupt 3rd World politicians tell me what is and isent the land of my country and I can almost guarantee that I wont be alone ...

Historically speaking, it's not American land. It's the same problem the UK has with Northern Ireland. But seriously, if there is a huge mexican majority in these areas, it will be hard to stop are split from the Union.

Especially if the North American Union happens.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I think my question has always been, what happens if or when they (the Requonquista movement) get what they want and all this land in the Southwest reverts back to Mexico, under Mexican rule? Would not common sense dictate that what they ran so hard to get away from would now be at their doorstep again? I mean, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me. You risk your life to enter a country illegally because you want the benefits that this nation provides, but yet once you're here, you do everything in your power to make it "just like home".

Imagine if it happened, American government pulled out, "white" people fled east and north, the Mexican government took control of that area. "Hey Senor, we won! We are in Mexico again!! Ummm.... Doh!!!"

I don't know, if anyone can enlighten me as to how this could be a good idea for anyone involved, clue me in.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky Eyes

Exactly, i dont see what the major positives are if that does happen. Wowowo we got back our land! Now what.....? I dont think that the states that are back in Mexican hands will fare any better than how the rest of Mexico is. Yes, i said that the nation is doing better, but it took decades.....i wonder how fast they will totally destroy these Western states in their hands? I give it a year or 2 to fully revert the states to smoldering economic turmoil and lawlessness due to the corruption and rampant criminals Mexico has.

Its really pointless to even get the land back again, the Mexican gov. should do more Urban Renewal projects in their slums, help their people instead of the people helping themselves (because they arent faring any better), and just have more unity against crime and narcotics. Look at Columbia, it has rampant drug trafficking, but the Junglas are doing all that they can to help their countrymen, thats something to be proud of; i dont see any Mexican SpecOps doing anything useful, other than siding with criminals/drug traffickers/gang members and shooting at the Mexican border towards US soil and endangering American civillians.

Sad really, we really need to get a faster jump on figuring this Illegal Immigration out faster. I for one say, let the illegals who really want to help the US and prosper in it, let them stay and get a green card, etc. But for those gang members, criminals and narcotic traffickers, shoot them on sight. But alas, it is America after, we do have our principles even though some other dont......*sigh*

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Polite American
We, the US, has deported over two million Mexican Americans before (1931-1935)...why can't it be done now? Start with the illegal ones and don't stop until you get to the ones that are legal and swear allegiance to the U.S.
harsh? yes, sure it is. Or we can just keep givng a little and then a little more...when does it end?

Two million mexican americans before 1931 were forced to be sent back to Mexico? Ah, didn't know. Well, if you're wondering why it can't be done now - that's because Bush stated that they're enoughly useful for labor.

North American Union is coming soon anyway, ya know.

[edit on 1-12-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
i think if the Mexican president wouldnt be so crooked and take care of his people there would not be so many people trying to cross over to the US.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Who cares? It's just a freaking flag. I say we do away with all flags. They're very silly in the first place. All they've ever represented is imaginary borders and incentive to wage war and defend etc. which ultimately leads to war through tension. You know? For every action there is an opposite and equal reaction, unless you decide not to react, that's the different with us Humans, we get to choose. Why do we need flags? To be honest I could care less. In fact I view it as a waste of time in my life learning the flags of other countries and my own when I could be putting my brain to better use.

Down with borders, out with flags. One people, the people of Earth. United we stand, divided we fall, right?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
They are nothing but a bunch of KKK equivalent of dreaming of the Hispanics only territory dream. Americans are too diverse to be thinking about seperating themselves based on color. Many Americans are half this color and half of that color. The KKK dreamed of whites only country. These Mexican extremists are pursuing a dream.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join