It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez threatens to cut oil if U.S. questions vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   

President Hugo Chavez on Friday wrapped up his campaign to push through broad constitutional changes with a broadside attack against adversaries at home and abroad -- including a threat to cut off oil exports to the United States.

Source: www.cnn.com...

The entire propoganda on Hugo Chavez mostly propogated by Rice started when Chavez increased oil prices for the U.S.

Venezuela is the 4th largest oil supplier to the U.S.

Wonder what this will do?

Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Chavez believes we're meddling in Venezuelan business, but there's no easy way around this situation, my friend. Things in Venezuela are very, very hostile! We've had report after report come in about the social/civil unrest going on in the country, and some even claimed to be the handiwork of our own government agencies. Chavez is really angry with the United States and you can see his panic with all these sanctions and regulations he's vowing to put on economic trade with the U.S. and even on his own people. Keep digging and if you find anything new, give me a heads up. I'm very interested in the developments out of Venezuela. I hope it doesn't fall apart before I get a chance to see it!

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Chavez kind of has his hands tied IMO. He doesn't want to F with the bull, because he himself does not have any horns to really counter with.

However if we are going to set up a coup again, we may force this scared "animal" into a corner, where he may act unpredicatably (desperately)

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Now Chavez accuses anybody who votes no, is a Bush puppet.
A person who votes yes is a loyal citizen.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Im from the UK but even i know chaves is talking crud.

If he refused to sell to the U.S.A who the bleep else would buy it ?

HAHAHA.

Regard's
Lee

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Hugo Chavez is/was a "Hater of America" long before any Oil increase or threat to stop selling Oil to America, Condi Rice had nothing to do with it...Maybe Chavez should do something about the 3rd world condition's in his own country and allow the people of Venezuela to join the 21st Century.... Oh WAIT...then the people of Venezuela would realise what a hack and fool they have as a President and he would be out of a job and have to go back to running a Brothel...

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Regardless what happens with the vote, US forces will invade Venezuela within 12 months, IMHO.
All we are seeing here is the traditional mudslinging before war.

[edit on 2/12/07 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

What will the justification be for the invasion? If we can't make an excuse to go into Iran, I don't see how we would get into Venezuela unquestioned. I seriously doubt we will invade them. Now a full blown, covert, CIA financed overthow of the government I would believe. Not an invasion though.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Chavez is insane, but in a good way. he's like that crazy therapist. But he makes very good sense. I think it's a good idea for him to begin an "Oil Blockade" and teach Bush and friends a lesson. He should make a deal with Americans, either the democrats are elected next year or no Oil deals with the US.

This could drive the US to vote democratic, Clinton or not. I'd be happy with Edwards too.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

dont underestimate the power of the media , the power to change and create opinions , most people accept everything the media says as fact and trust them blindly , if they say chavez is a tyrant and a opressor , or that is going o lose the election or even that is planing to attack usa , people will believe , the psi ops warfare is the most efficient

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Oil's overrated anyway.

We need to use with something better and efficient soon.

[edit on 2-12-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Chavez is in a tough position. For one thing, he's doing all the stuff for his country that America doesn't like. Like keeping oil profits local and building infrastructure, education, etc. He is giving away hundreds of thousands of acres to farmers so they can plant and sow crops independently. He realizes an independent population is a source of strength and revenue. And let's not forget the very important fact that he is preaching against any latin-american country going back to the IMF for loans.

He realizes that the system of interest-bearing loans given to third world countries is designed to get the country into perpetual debt, and he refuses to be a part of that system.

Lastly, he's got some oil under his feet. Greedy eyes gaze keenly on that soil.

Now, Chavez is not a saint. But boy does he have the right idea when it comes to David standing up against Goliath. He knows what he's up against, and knows that the US's foreign policy is geared to economically rape other nations. The trick for him will be protecting the country from the looters without pissing off Goliath too much.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
It's kinda moot now since Chavez lost his bid for unchecked power, 51%-49%.

But i'm sure things will change.

news.yahoo.com...

top topics

join