It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would the world select as our president?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
www.whowouldtheworldelect.com...
If the rest of the world could vote, who would be the new president of the United States? Check it out here!

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
A bunny rabbit! Who better than a cute little rabbit? If you vote for me however, free paper hats to everyone.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimrat201
www.whowouldtheworldelect.com...
If the rest of the world could vote, who would be the new president of the United States? Check it out here!

Fortunately, after seeing some of the choices for leadership of their own countries the rest of the world has made, I am relatively glad they can't pick our leaders. Do you honestly think with all the other crap that other leaders are doing that the world is any better off in selectionability than we are?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
There is not even a mention of Ron Paul in the mainstream media over here (Sweden), so I think people here would probably vote for Hillary or something. Most people dont have time to research the candidates, and most mass medias in the world seems to be focusing on Hillary and Giuliani.

Democracy is not possible without the people being told everything there is to know about every candidate. I think Internet polls shows a pretty good view of how the world would vote if everyone knew the facts about the candidates, but when it comes down to it, most people probably dont even know about other candidates than Hillary and Giulinai.

So does the world want bad guy A or bad guy B? And does it even matter?

[edit on 1-12-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
hahaha! Ron Paul PWNING everybody else. Hell yeah!

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jimrat201

since most other countries on this planet hate us out of jealousy save a few that rely on the power of the usa to ensure their present freedoms-------i suspect the majority of the world would love to see a president elected that will destroy us from within the fastest----------an extreme liberal president or a muslim extremist would do it or even a president that has a hidden agenda to bring down the usa to make the country of his ancestors greater-----while we end up becoming a 3rd world country freezing to death in the dark.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

a lot of countries hate the US because of its foreign policy not jealousy a man whose family has been killed by allied soldiers would not be jealous just angry and hatefull and not suprisingly, if you cannot see why your country might be hated then you must be blind, me being british i can clearly understand why some nationalities hate the british and its nothing to do with jealousy. as for those who dont hate you only dont because they depend on you for their freedoms that is nonsense democracy existed long before the USA did if 51 people telling 49 what to do really is freedom, besides i think most countries outside the middle east like america you have a great culture, which you share with most the world and the world would be a poorer place without you, shame our politicians decisions decide what the rest of the world will think of us as a people, anyway i couldnt say who would be the best leader of amercia because i dont live there and i dont know what your politics at a local level are like

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I can almost guarantee that the world would 'elect' a charismatic stone cold killer and dictator. Look at the recent 'elections' in Russia and Venezuela. If the Chinese could vote that would seal it. The first act of the new president would be to increase his power to absolute. At any rate the Bible makes it clear that the world will just fall in love with a global dictator who will slaughter most of mankind, otherwise known as the antichrist. That's why George Bush is not the antichrist, he is hated by too many.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Canada just gave one more vote for Ron Paul!

Go get 'em, Ronny!

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jimrat201

and this is why the internet is the opposite of the real world...
it's clear the europeans would vote for kucinich in a landslide, but you don't see that reflected here.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
You know that is an excellent question, we should do some crappy CNN world poll and vote the opposite of whatever it says. You know when Al Qaeda or the UN is endorsing a nominee that is who you dont want to vote for..... Or maybe some of you BHLs' do.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

There is not even a mention of Ron Paul in the mainstream media over here (Sweden), so I think people here would probably vote for Hillary or something. Most people dont have time to research the candidates, and most mass medias in the world seems to be focusing on Hillary and Giuliani.
[edit on 1-12-2007 by Copernicus]

SWEDEN Votes for:
437 votes for Ron Paul
286 votes for Barack Obama
153 votes for Rudy Giuliani
138 votes for Dennis Kucinich
100 votes for Hillary Clinton
22 votes for John Edwards
21 votes for John McCain
20 votes for Mike Gravel
17 votes for Fred Thompson
8 votes for Mitt Romney
7 votes for Mike Huckabee
6 votes for Bill Richardson
4 votes for Duncan Hunter
3 votes for Tom Tancredo
3 votes for Chris Dodd
2 votes for Joe Biden

See, Sweden is voting for Ron Paul! .. well.. at least 400 something are lol.

Not a big demography eh.

I am surprised so many choose Obama ..... Does any one realize this is a newbie senator??? He has NO qualifications what so ever.

UNITED STATES Votes for:
32674 votes for Ron Paul
8991 votes for Barack Obama
4836 votes for Dennis Kucinich
1942 votes for Hillary Clinton

Should be an interesting election, so many different numbers in so many different polls regarding Paul. Will his supporters really vote and will the Republicans honestly embrace him if he wins?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
As much as I'd like to think this is accurate - it's not. You can vote more than once, and you can choose what ever country you want.

More than likely you have some bored people trying to skew numbers and voting as a country they aren't really from.

Outside of probably the US, UK, Canada - countries like those, the voting results probably aren't accurate. Something tells me somebody from Macau didn't really vote for Ron Paul.

I'm a big Ron Paul guy, and will be voting for him in my state's primary in January, but some of these internet polls aren't really accurate, and only give ammunition to those in the media who claim Ron Paul supporters go around flooding polls. Clearly there are polls that only allow one vote, and those are accurate, but there are also those like this one.

I don't think this is a fair assessment of the world's views. I'd venture to guess that there are more people who gave false votes than there are those that gave truthful votes.

top topics

join