It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli military announces readiness to invade Gaza

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Israeli military announces readiness to invade Gaza

www.imemc.org...

An Israeli military spokesman said that “the Israeli response will come swiftly” if any projectiles are fired across the border. All troops are trained and ready for an invasion...

Israeli forces have killed ten Palestinians in Gaza over the last week.

An outright invasion of Gaza, one of the most crowded places on earth, would likely result in much higher casualties.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
maannews.net...

[edit on 30-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Yeah, that conference went really well. Insert the usual dose of sarcasm there. This is straight up barbaric that these people can't 'get along' and find some way to live together minus "borders and boots." Let alone fences that prevent people from treating one another humanely.

www.imemc.org...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

It is sad is it not.

An Israeli military spokesman said that “the Israeli response will come swiftly” if any projectiles are fired across the border. All troops are trained and ready for an invasion...

I don't think if is the question it's when. Sooner or latter someone is going to hurl a rocket accross the border and all hell is going to break loose. I'm not sure what there waiting for. It would seem as if they already have their mind made up anyway..

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by highfreq

Well, there's 2 plus million in the West Bank and over a million in Gaza. Welcome to world war three.

www.infoplease.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

Then perhaps they should stop breeding?

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
...just noticed this clip from Olmert.

news.independent.co.uk...

The state of Israel would be "finished" if prospects of a two-state solution collapsed, its Prime Minister Ehud Olmert has warned. Two opinion polls have shown widespread scepticism among the Israeli public about this week's Annapolis summit.

Mr Olmert told the liberal daily Haaretz: "If the day comes when the two-state solution collapses, and we face a South African-style struggle for equal voting rights (also for the Palestinians in the territories), then, as soon as that happens, the state of Israel is finished."

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Interesting.

According to the opening post "sources" said that Israel was ready last Thursday.

I guess they were a good source because the head of the military just announced the same thing today: Israel Ready for Gaza Invasion

The rhetoric is escalating.

It's clear they are just waiting for an excuse to go in now...

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
So everything is going like clockwork then.
The Annapolis "talks" were a sham with the outcome predetermined beforehand and Israeli forces already forward deploying for the Gaza incursion.
All they need now is another convenient rocket attack (right on cue as they always seem to be) to justify, in their own minds, the killing. Once more the world will look on and do nothing and the UN will issue resolutions that will, as always, be ignored completely.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
lets not pretend here isreal will be the middle east nazi force soon enough when will there power grab stop leave islam alone. you dont own palestine you have isreal leave them alone

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Finally, something newsworthy will be on TV. Tired of trailer trash Britney Spears and richy rich Paris Hilton being the headliner. Now, we'll have news with action.

Somebody launch the rocket already.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Let them come. If you think there aren't Muji and Hamas soldiers ready for war, you have another thing coming. How many times have we seen stalemates or even loses at the hands of groups like Hezbollah and Hamas? Hamas ran the Fatah out in 2 days. That was almost a full blown political party backed by 2 million worth of guns. Don't underestimate proud Palestinians. I have faith they'll push back their oppressors.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
the RGP-29 has allready broken british and Israelie tanks - and i bet they got alot of them , that and mines everywhere

golly gosh

hows the Israel peace doing - do Israel really want peace - ever?

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Funny how they just held a peace conference that almost reconciled the differences, violence, and land disputes between Palestine and Israel. The next week, they're right back at it being "ready" for anything. I have no tolerance for Israel or it's bull# any longer. They deserve the hand they will be dealt if they invade Gaza. They'll fill the wrath of everyone who has ever felt injustice or oppression from their boots and guns. I'm excited to see them in defeat.... Again.

[edit on 6-12-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I got a question.

Do you think Israel could be the next napoleon? Perhaps the Israeli Empire is slowly on the way, in order to conquer middle east...

Who knows, I guess

[edit on 6-12-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Um, I don't think so. They don't have the influence that the French had, nor do they have the numbers. Israel would be crushed under an international "Jihad" if it ever came down to it. If you've noticed the constant U.S. intervention in Israeli affairs, their weakness becomes quite apparent. With the umbilical chord cut, they are strong, but very far from invincible, and definitely vulnerable.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I know they don't. I meant in a different way. Just imagine if middle eastern countries like Saudi Arabia, Yemen, UAE, Oman, Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, and possibly Iran being under the Israeli rule. Then that makes peace in middle east, wouldn't you agree? Lol

But again, anything is possible. I just always wonder when will there be a peace in middle east anyway.

Because you see, U/S probably owns Iraq and they could hand the country to Israel therefore that would increase Israel's territory / border / space, ya know? And so on, so on....I don't know.

I mean U/S could help Israel to become empire in middle east if they wanted to, and they probably can do that...

[edit on 6-12-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Unfortunately, seeing as how Israel has become the 51st state of the United States of America, we (America) would be forced to intercede in some fashion, should Israel get what it's got coming to it.

This Gaza incursion idea is ridiculous. Israel's been ready for a full scale attack on highly concentrated areas under Palestinian control for the last 50+ years.

The idea of peace between an occupying nation and the millions of individuals that still remember having their land taken will not happen until a Palestinian state is created and recognized. And even then it will not last long.

Once the Palestinians do have a homeland, they'll be able to organize and put together a formal army. Then suicide bombings and rock throwing will turn into 3 generations of Arabs ready to enlist and take back their grandparents land.

I'd say 'good for the Palestinians!' if it didn't mean the total stratification of the west and the Middle East and probably nuclear war. Though it seems to be heading in that direction anyway...

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Palestinians don't have a country?

I thought palestinians stole land from jews?

Oh well, frankly I dunno much about the middle eastern issues.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Google it. Palestine has been raped over by Israel for 60 years. Israel was established by the U.N. as reparation for the Holocaust in 1948. It has been hell on the Palestinians and their neighbors ever since.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Well I got information from school. I learned that Jews (or israelis) were settled in middle east first then palestinians came and kicked them out, historically long time ago.

It's kind of weird that they want "land back" when they actually stole it didn't they?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join