It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are contact experiences contagious?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I read a lot of stories here about people who come into contact with entities, usually in their home while they are in bed, who generally seem to resemble the typical description of the Greys. People claim that the Greys are actually interdimensional beings and can simply materialize right in front of us as they wish. Some people might tell you that you are simply experiencing sleep paralysis or maybe even dreaming.

Regardless of what this phenomenon is exactly, are more and more people creating this experience simply because they are being exposed to the idea and begin to think about it more than they normally would? Sometimes I wonder if I am going to have one of these experiences where I wake up and think I see some dark beings in the room simply because I have been reading about it so much and thought about it to where a pretty vivid picture has already been painted inside my head.

This is what I mean by "contagious." What do you think?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I think you perhaps might be right. Ever since I was 2 - 3 I've had an obsession with UFOs. I don't know exactly why but whats most strange about it is mum said it was like one day I never knew about them and then one day I woke up and was right into them. Thing is I never really thought about abductions and such until I started reading around. It wasn't like what everyone else describes it was really weird that I can't really explain it.

It may have been sleep paralysis but when I asked here a while ago I was told it was quite strange. So maybe I caught it

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I believe they could just be a subconscious manifestation of the unknown, when we start to think that all that is in front of us may not be true we can begin to consider the possibility of such beings existing. Meditating on alien experience could lead one to create their own abduction experience based solely on the work of others, but some (like TheRiverGoddess) who actually have experience in tried and true spiritual freedom can prove for a fact that abduction experiences are real in some form. To be extremely vague, as usual.

A black project with knowledge of ethereal power could direct the energy of fear into a singlular form, a visitor that comes in the night to steal you from your safe place.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

While I cannot debunk anyone's own experience, I think there are pretty reasonable explanations for the abduction phenomenon. Most abductions have the following in common:

-You're asleep
-You wake up
-You can't move
-You're "lifted" out of bed
-You're in another room (laying down)
-They do stuff to you
-You still can't move
-You wake up in bed

My experience with sleep paralysis (they called it night terrors) was almost exactly this. The experience is very real, more real than most dreams, which is why people might believe so strongly.

I'm not saying that said aliens might not test on us, but why would they let us remember anything? For that matter, why would they want us paralyzed for every test? It occurs to me that they may want to see how we react to certain things on an instinctual level and not just a biological one.

I have heard many accounts that do not follow this explanation however, one being this...
www.travis-walton.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.travis-walton.com...

My point is, most of abductions must be sleep paralysis. And its influenced alot by your thoughts. Many people who are afraid of their house being broken into have sleep paralysis involving people coming into their rooms and holding them down, while people who study ufos.. yada yada yada.

The human mind is extremely impressionable and powerful, two aspects that sometimes combat each other. That is why we must keep an open mind. What is real to us today might be fake to us tomorrow, and vis versa.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I think it's only "contagious" if your "immune system is weak" meaning if you're in the "right" mental state, you could probably create your own alien experience within your mind or "invite them in". Same with the paranormal experiences too.

new topics

top topics

join