It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I Mentally Tell A Dog What To Do?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
i believe.

i have been had the pleasure to share my life with a few excellent dogs and a few excellent cats. although i do not remember them taking orders this way i do know that they have herd me and responded.

i always considered it to be in the relationship we shared, but it could be plain old telepathy too...

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I believe with all animals you can have a psychic connection. Even the wild ones. Every day between 2:30 to 4 p.m. I've been feeding the wild animals here ie- quails, wild rabbits, doves, chipmunks, finches, ect.....
I used to whistle for them and they'd all come running or flying my way. Now, it doesn't matter what time it is.... I just go outside and *think* for them to come and they all show up!
The chipmunks are fewer now, since their going into hibernation. I also know if something is lurking nearby, like a wild horse or cougar. We've lived in these parts without the luxury of electricity or communications for 8 years. They didn't arrive here until 1999. You develop other senses, other then sight, smell, hear, taste and touch. It's probably Mother Natures way of protecting you.
There has been many times this Extra-Sense has come in handy. Like knowing when a poisonous snake is nearby. I'm surprised with the conveniences of modern luxuries we have now......I still haven't lost my psychic connections with the animals.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by coryblood

I've seen this on a few shows but can't remember the names of them, but I'm sure if you can find the name of the experiment you might find some video on youtube or a similar site. I'll have a look around myself later, see what I can find.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Do you guys remember the show on animal Planet called "pet psychic"? the Host psychic said on there that the proper way to communicate with animals is by imagining yourself in the animals place, and then do what it is you would like them to do. Since humans usually think in words, this is easier to translate supposedly.

Also, I read about studies done to see if animals could sense death. They put 10 rats on an electronic board that registered their movements, and then randomly killed 5 of them. They found that there was a distinct difference in the amount of movement between the ones that died and the ones that lived.

Have you had experiences with animals seeming to know its own death? My one cat acted extremely strange the day we decided to get her put to sleep. She was 19 and was decided to be put down because she would get worse and it would be painful later on. She was not very near death in my opinion, but was in the early stages of kidney failure. Well that day she spent outside sitting in one spot, which she NEVER does. Then she walked up to the pool, and I swear to you, she watched the sunset. When it set, we took her away, to the vet where she did not move or cry when the needle went into her. She didn't fight at all.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

thanks i'll look around a little bit too

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Eratosthenes

no, i haven't ever been around an animal that was about to die. the closest i have ever came was my baby sitters dog when i was like 5 it was very old, had broken it's back when it was younger, blind, and almost deaf. in the last year it was alive it just looked so sad all the time.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
there was a big Animal ESP movement some time ago that I had read about, I remember one person combined Animal ESP with Out of Body Experiences, and claimed he could show up to a kitten, and "tell" it where in the room to go (the floor was a number board) and I think the study was inconclusive, but the cat seemed to act differently when the owner was Present in "spirit". The cat was aloof and crying when the owner was not mentally in the room.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
i think it has to do more with the dog being able to read your body language than telepathy. think of Deren Brown - he has an uncanny ability to read what someone is thinking without them consciously giving him any cues. i did read an article a few weeks ago that covered an experiment pertaining to this sort of thing and they believe it was the dog reading the body language of humans.

in any case, animals are not the mindless creatures a lot of people make them out to be. I've read about and seen some really incredible things that make me wonder if they just let us think we're the superior species.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by an0maly33

the only thing is in my case it was during the day and my garage lights were off so nothing could see inside unless it was right by the window. but the dog was at least 20 yards away and even when it wasn't looking if i told it to do something it still did it.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainStar
I believe with all animals you can have a psychic connection. Even the wild ones. Every day between 2:30 to 4 p.m. I've been feeding the wild animals here ie- quails, wild rabbits, doves, chipmunks, finches, ect.....
I used to whistle for them and they'd all come running or flying my way. Now, it doesn't matter what time it is.... I just go outside and *think* for them to come and they all show up!
The chipmunks are fewer now, since their going into hibernation. I also know if something is lurking nearby, like a wild horse or cougar. We've lived in these parts without the luxury of electricity or communications for 8 years. They didn't arrive here until 1999. You develop other senses, other then sight, smell, hear, taste and touch. It's probably Mother Natures way of protecting you.
There has been many times this Extra-Sense has come in handy. Like knowing when a poisonous snake is nearby. I'm surprised with the conveniences of modern luxuries we have now......I still haven't lost my psychic connections with the animals.

*nods*

I have connections with the birds of prey at the raptor rehab center where I volunteer on Saturday mornings.

To the point that I can communicate to a bird that I'm not going to harm it, and it will calm down. It's helped me many times.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join