It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Giants and megaliths

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerkinana walsky

Originally posted by The time lord
Scientists would never tell the world about these things because they have it set in their minds their views are right.

Scientists would never tell the world about these things because they rely on evidence
and there isn't any

Sorry but there is a lot of Biblical history to suggest the Bible is Historically right as without it, history and science would not have had the interest it needed in the first place to create this modern age. Also there is a lot of evidence that seems to be under reported and many theories and ties to creation that is never looked into in a global reported basis because that would set the text books wrong. A lot of things never get to see the light and many things will be covered up in the process.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
people who believe the bible is factually correct are known as fundementalists
fundementalists have nothing to add to any scientific conversation
fundementalists have nothing to add to any conversation where common sense is called for

you are overstating the case for the Bible because you personally believe it
personal belief has no part in any scientific conversation unless it is supported by empirical evidence

according to the bible the world was built in 7 days in 4004bce and .
Cain having murdered his brother propogated the rest of the human race by having sex with himself or his mother and all the different creeds of man are the offspring of a semitic sailor.

it is not supposed to be a book of facts
you do not have to prove it is a book of facts to support your faith in it
to attempt to do so proves that you have no faith at all

no one will take you seriously if you attempt to prove this erroneous information is valid and not everyone shares a belief in the same middle eastern cult religion that you do.

stop derailing this thread and start another in the appropriate forum
thanks

btw when it comes to covering things up organised religion is by far the biggest culprit

[edit on 1-12-2007 by kerkinana walsky]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Steff
I dont know aabout Giants building these massive feats of enginering, but why is it so hard to beleive that Giants once walked the earth. We only need to go back to the era of the mighty dinosaurs to see that, Birds were bigger, sharks were bigger etc... Why would homosapiens and neanderthals be any different?

You know, we arent that different at all.

We have evolved towards a quite frail and slim body with big brains and mobility.

For example, a gorilla is CONSIDERABLY bigger than a human. They can weigh 200kg and is many times stronger than a human. While they arent longer than a human, they most certainly are bigger physically. In fact, they are so big you'd run away if you saw one

In a similar way, the neanderthal was much more beefer than the homo sapiens, but he wasnt all that much larger.

So really it makes sense. You see, simply a "taller" homo sapiens would only be that, more tall. He wouldnt have much an advantage to survive over a smaller homo sapiens as animals will just as easy target his legs. Mankind figured out long ago that 10 humans hunting in packs beat 1 human the size of 10 humans.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

Why do they call them giants lol... In All Actualality those are rather titans... the same titans that could of possibly built stone henge and other non explainable structures? well in my mind that is.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Dinosaurs were bigger because they had bones designed the same as birds which evolved from them

I personlly like the word "designed" in that sentence.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Once upon a time there were Real Giants. It just doesn't want to compute in "my" mind. But, after looking at these pictures and reading this interesting article, (click link below) well I might have "a little place in my head to think, mmmmm...show me more.

In any case I would like more research into these long ago "Mammoth traces of intelligence carved in stone " looked into.

Some of these recent satellite pictures are , jaw dropping, at least too me! Look at some of these recent pictures ...

www.officialdisclosure.com...

SOURCE=© RaidersNewsNetwork.com, SurvivorMall.com, OfficialDisclosure.com. All Rights Reserved.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Any body had a look at the dead sea scrolls? I dont have any links with me at the moment (Im not at my usual computer) but if you have a look at texts like the book of Giants as well as the book of Enoch you will find bits and pieces about these giants in pre-flood times.

-Just putting that out there.

-fm

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
Some of these recent satellite pictures are , jaw dropping, at least too me! Look at some of these recent pictures ...

www.officialdisclosure.com...

Ignoring the fact that the "geoglyphs" has zero substance to them, how exactly do this relate to giants? I mean we KNOW that "common" men where able to move megalithic stones. So just seeing that aint any proof of giants.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerkinana walsky

Cain having murdered his brother propogated the rest of the human race by having sex with himself or his mother and all the different creeds of man are the offspring of a semitic sailor.

[edit on 1-12-2007 by kerkinana walsky]

The conclusion you drew regarding Cain is bizarre. Perhaps you are not familiar with this scripture;

Adam “became father to sons and daughters.” (Genesis 5:4)

So Cain likely took one of his anonymous sisters or perhaps one of his nieces as a wife. The Bible does not indicate when Cain took a wife, only that he did at some point.

Back to the giants & the megaliths; I think that the skills of ancient people are underestimated. Given the right incentive, be it money, fame, or ensuring they would have a happy afterlife, they could accomplish tasks that only SEEM impossible for us today. Who knows, perhaps one day Archeologists & engineers will one day discover their methods.

[edit on 4-3-2008 by Sparky63]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
YES, it was possible to move large objects without the need for giants; Edward Leedskalnin built the Coral Castle using WHO KNOWS what power and ability - likely what the builders of the Gizeh pyramid used.

However -
If you doubt the existence of giants, then or now, methinks you are trying your hardest to reject evidence that agrees with the Bible. That being said, go here:
www.SteveQuayle.com
30 + years of giant research.

Furthermore, read the history of the early american natives; read Buffalo Bill's autobiography; read the writings of visitors to China in the early centuries AD; read about the Roman conquests of the British isles; read the Bible.
If you reject archaeology and history, then I can't help you.

mudskipper3 at yahoo dot com

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Howdy Wannabe

Good old SteveQuayle, he has been around for awhile. Unfortunately his 'giants' materials tend to fall apart when taken out of his special world.

I would recommend that you read thru his giant materials then pick the three pieces of evidence you find more compelling. We can discuss from there.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

All I know about Quayle is what's on the website, and what's on the radio, I haven't purchased any of his books yet. You probably know more than I do of his writings and research. You have a negative conclusion, but I hope you'll make that clear
Tell me, hanslune, what makes you question the existence of giants?

[edit on 25-3-2008 by wannabe]

[edit on 25-3-2008 by wannabe]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by wannabe
YES, it was possible to move large objects without the need for giants; Edward Leedskalnin built the Coral Castle using WHO KNOWS what power and ability

Block and tackle and pickup truck. There are 3 pictures of him on the Coral Castle site, moving the stones with a tripod of logs from which hangs a chain and a block and tackle.

I'm pretty sure the ancients didn't use block and tackle and pickup truck, however. At least, not the pickup truck part.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Yep, there is just to much in the human mind past down through the ages to not believe in real giants from before the flood.

Things that just come out of peoples mind ..don't take litely! we have , "jack , the giant killer" (a movie of a mythical guy that killed giants), Jumbo jack ( a large burger that is really good after a night of partying), Jack and the bean stalk (need I say more!), The giant behemoth-a movie right out of the bible!!!

I bet you can name all kinds of giants!! Because giants are in our historical genes!!

What about the giant thunderbird!! Its in the magazine that everybody saw (or book) but nobody can find!

Believe in giants and you will know peace.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Well, Byrd, if you've got the pictures, I guess they speak for themselves.

To the rest of y'all -
I don't have any firsthand information, so if you want to dialogue, you'll need to initiate. I've seen pictures of large bones, I have newspaper articles and other writings; about the only thing I can attest to, personally, is having seen more than one person born with 12 fingers and toes(one being a close friend). Scripturally, that was a characteristic of giants, and as you know, I regard the bible as credible, to say the least...

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Where are the skeletons? All over the world. On every continent bones of gigantic humans have been found... In the U.S. alone in nearly every state there are written records of discoverys of gigantic bones.. of course many of the oldest bones worldwide are now dust. Why do people insist on interpreting EVERYTHING in comparison with what is held to be common knowledge NOW? As in.. "they didn't have metal tools way back then so it's impossible" Well, maybe they didn't need metal tools. Maybe they had ways of doing things undreamed of NOW. Maybe they had the kowledge and ability to utilize and possibly combine NATURAL forces... One being the aprox. one third STRONGER magnetic field of the earth at times in the past. AS far as that goes.. whos to say what is truely PAST or what is truley time... Einstein said , and proved, Time is relative.. He also believed that everything is part of the ,for lack of a better description, the Electromagnetic spectrum.. including matter.. and that everything vibrates at it's own frequency and amplitude.. EVERYTHING. Take a long open minded look at the oddly shaped and fitted megalithic marshmellow looking stones in Peru and it is obvious they were shaped by a completely unknown ,at this time, technique. " There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamed of in your philosophy Horatio".

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
In reply to the earlier post that the Thunderstone was heavier than any of the Baalbek stones but was still moved; I found this article and pasted a few paragraphs from it.

EXTERNAL SOURCE:www.physicsforums.com...

More recently in the 18th century there was a bigger one moved called the 'thunderstone' , which required a huge amount of man power. They used hundreds of round metal ball bearings on runners to move it.
en.wikipedia.org...

It is sometimes claimed that the Thunder Stone is the "largest stone ever moved by man." This stone was not only tremendously large, but was also effectively moved 6 km (4 miles) overland to the Gulf of Finland by manpower alone; no animals or machines were used. It was then transported by boat up the Neva, and subsequently to its current site. Due to the large size of the rock, the easiest way to measure its mass is to calculate it. Its dimensions before being cut, according to the fall 1882 edition of La Nature were 7 x 14 x 9 m. Based on the density of granite, its mass was determined to be around 1500 tonnes.[7] Falconet had some of this cut away to change the rock to its current wave-like shape, leaving the finished, stylized pedestal weighing slightly less. This still leaves it the largest when compared to other large, sculpted stones:

Quite an amazing feat! to my knowledge that is the biggest stone moved since the trilithon stones.

However, i dont think that the trilithon can be fully explained by man power alone. For a start, some of the stones had to be raised over twenty foot and placed into position to a precision of millimetres into the Baalbeck structure. I dont think that they would have managed to do that even in the 18th century, they just rolled it along the ground, and with great difficulty. Also i think it is highly unlikely a block that big could be made up of a concrete mixture, as its huge weight would create massive forces on it when it is being moved, it would likely shatter. Also they did not have any sort of sophisticated metal work before the romans, so using ball bearings to move it like were done with the thunderstone is not possible. Stones would not be sperical enough, and would likely shatter under its immense weight. I dont think anyone is sure of how they were moved and lifted into position.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
I bet you can name all kinds of giants!! Because giants are in our historical genes!!

We have historical genes?!?!

We've been pounded by giants in stories and movies and such I dont think we can even judge if anything of it could be based on reality... Its just fancy stories. Besides, giants suck. Trolls is where its at. Trolls the size of mountains

top topics

<< 1   >>

join