It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nottingham UK Bright Unidentified Light In Night Sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I know anyone whos just clicked on this will immediately be thinking Venus.. but it wasn't lol.

I don't post any old rubbish on here as a rule so hopefully you won't think I'm making this up. The time was just before 9pm this evening I sat down in my living room with my laptop and out of the corner of my eye saw a bright light in the sky, I looked and thought it was a helicopter light. It was just hovering there and the sky is full of cloud tonight. It got more and more intense over a period of about 6-7 seconds. It was about as bright as a single car headlight on full beam and then as it started to fade away i could see that it was actually shining through the cloud (or could have been in the clouds!) It then got brighter again until fading completely out of sight.

I had my camera handy and ran to the window to try and get a video but I forgot how to get my digital camera onto video mode

It wasn't a star cos the cloud tonight is too thick, it wasn't a plane because it was stationary and it wasn't a helicopter because I'm used to seeing the police chopper around and know what they look like!

Is there anyone else in Nottingham that saw it? Anyone not in Nottingham have any suggestions as to what it could have been?

Edit to say - It was about 3 times the size as venus appears in the sky.

Thanks

50/50

[edit on 30-11-2007 by fiftyfifty]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
No one got any ideas?

I know it's not the most interesting of sightings but I have no idea what it was?! The only thing that crossed my mind was ball lightening but although it was cloudy and rainy, there was no thinder or usual lightening.. just wet 'n' windy.

Conme on don't ignore me!

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I won't ignore ya

Check out todays Glasgow thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And get your camera primed for tonight - I've got the batteries on charge as we speak.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Thanks lol. Yeh I jut read that thread, that's what made me decide to give this one a little bump. There really is some strange stuff going on in our skies but there are so many things that it could be

I often go through these phases of losing interest and then I see something and start looking up again and loads of other people start seeing things around the same time!

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
It does sound to me like a police helicopter (should be a frequent sight in Nottingham
). I was out last week in my observatory in Leicester, when the clouds descended very quickly. I was packing up when I noticed a bright light through the clouds in the south-east. At first I thought it was lazer light until I realised that it was getting brighter. Finally a bright creamy white light hovered just bellow the clouds of a couple of mins. My God I thought, the Martians have arrived (belive it or not there was still no sound at this point), then it rushed towards me and it was only after a few moments I heard the sound the police helicopter zoomed into view, whining it's strong searchlight into the gardens.

Anyhow, that's my theory!

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I've just phoned the Royal Observatory for Scotland ... no-one else has reported strange goings on this morning but they're going to check it out and give me a ring back.

I'll post their "best guess" later.

But I'm with you, much of the time I pay no attention to the night sky but this star/object I saw this morning was really noticeable.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Yep police heicopter is around quite often so I know what it looks like and know it wasn't that
. It was a steady light that got brighter and then faded before flaring up again and going out. When the chopper has it's search light on it has a slight flicker to it because of the vibration.

Edit to add - Also with the helicopters searchlight, you see a beam of light especially in wet/cloudy weather. This didn't have that kind of beam, it was just like an exeptionally bright star shining through the thinnest part of the clouds except it was much bigger. Just for those venus lovers, it was in a south-easterly direction so definitely wasn't venus shining through a gap in the clouds.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by fiftyfifty]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
theres been a hella alot of sightings of orange spherical ufos in england recently,somethings going on.

i saw one in sept that made me believe and come on this site!

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I saw a very strange orange orb back in August in Leeds (uk). I didn't come forward to say anything at the time, I thought i'd see if there were any other similar sightings first, and apparently there seems to be a few popping up recently, so I thought I'd share what I saw!

It was around 12am, I was sat outside with 3 other people and in the distance I saw what looked like an orange flare being shot into the sky. However, when the 'flare' reached a certain point it just stopped dead and hovered in the same place for around 15 minutes (I thought it may've been one of the flares with a parachute, but this thing was completely still in the sky, not drifting or losing altitude at all).

I got my camera and repeatedly tried to take pictures but it was just too far away for my camera to pick anything up.

The orange orb then moved very quickly to the right, much quicker than any aircraft could (approx half a mile in about 2-3 seconds at a guess) and then stopped dead again and hovered there for approximately 20 minutes before disappearing behind clouds. Very strange sighting and i've never seen anything move like that in the sky before.

I'm always on the lookout for another sighting now I have a bigger and better camera!

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
It seems that a lot of people are coming out of the woodwork with similar sightings. They can't all be guaranteed to be true because there are a lot of fairytale tellers on ATS but I'm not one of em and I know what I saw.

I just wish that somethin would happen that could be a definite 'yep that's ET' or 'yep thats the government' . I'm bored of 'yep, that's a light in the sky'

[edit on 3-12-2007 by fiftyfifty]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I'll keep an eye out over my way manchster but up here it's a bit to cloudy to see at the moment. I have seen what looked like a ufo but more thought and seeing it a few times it was either the space station or satalite small white object travlleing left to right very fast and high up. Keep my peeper pealed to night though

top topics

join