It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighters Asked to Report People Who Express Discontent With the Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Firefighters Asked to Report People Who Express Discontent With the Government

rawstory.com

A year ago, Homeland Security gave security clearances to nine New York City fire chiefs and began sharing intelligence with them. Even before that, fire department personnel were being taught "to identify material or behavior that may indicate terrorist activities" and were also "told to be alert for a person who is hostile, uncooperative or expressing hate or discontent with the United States."

Unlike law enforcement officials, firemen can go onto private property without a warrant, ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
If you ask me, I just think things are getting WAY out of hand.

Now Homeland Security is asking firemen to let them know if and when they come across a citizen who expresses "DISCONTENT" with the government?

GEEZ, who doesn't fall into THAT category!

And NOW, they have figured out a way to to enter homes without a warrant, use Fire Departments. Firemen can enter homes without warrants to fight fires and to do fire inspections. So now they are going to use firemen as their eyes and ears and to go looking through houses (during a fire or fire inspections), then have them report what they find to Homeland Security.

Now they won't have to bother getting search warrants, just send in the Fire Department!

EDIT: There is a video of MSNBC's Countdown, broadcast on November 28, 2007, towards the bottom of the links page, I couldn't figure out how to embed it on here, so if anybody else can figure out how to do it, I'd appreciate it.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30/11/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
That is sofaking lame.

"I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free......"

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Why firefighters??? They could just surf the internet and find MILLIONS of us who are fed up as hell with the US government!!! I can tell you all this much... I'm on a list with a one-way ticket to some concentration camp somewhere.

Dissent used to be patriotic and was even guaranteed, no... encouraged by our forefathers. Now it is a crime! The day will come when these politicians will be left hanging from trees and poles. The armed peasants are amassing at the gates and they must certainly be getting scared.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Here is another article on the new "Fireman Spies":

Fascism and the “Evolution of the Fire Service”

Like the First and Second Amendments, the Fourth is fundamental to the Bill of Rights. It arises from the old English maxim, ”Every man’s house is his castle,” and has precedent in a legal case going back to 1603.

Now, more than two hundred years later, we are so lax, so distracted, or so ignorant as to not understand that a fireman poking around in our desk as he conducts an “inspection” amounts to the same sort of abuse inflicted on colonists by agents of the King.

whether they realize it or not, firemen who snoop around looking for evidence of political crimes are foot soldiers for an authoritarian political ideology, even if they do not fully comprehend this ideology. In a dictionary definition sense, fascism is typified by totalitarian attempts to impose state control over all aspects of life and this is precisely what our rulers are attempting to do.

a former FBI agent, told Keith Olbermann, the Department of Homeland Security — let us call this agency what it really is, the “Ministry” of Homeland Security, an apropos if not frightening reference to Orwell — is attempting to turn firefighters into government spies, or more politely “intelligence gatherers.” In response to Olbermann’s question about firefighters now tasked with the job of ferreting out materials that may express “discontent” with the government. Mr. German said: “Anytime you look at these stories, they always focus on certain reading materials, terrorist propaganda they might call it… and their focus on literature. Of course, again, there is a First Amendment in operation too, so we are concerned that is where the firefighters are turning their attention.”

This is TOTALLY against the the Fourth Amendment. Where the fire dept.'s used to be used for a good and just cause, and followed the law, they are now being asked to break the law by searching people's homes for incriminating evidence of dissent against the government while doing there inspections.

[edit on 5/12/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Time to start keeping all my materials that express my discontent with the government in a fire proof safe? Or buried in the backyard?

Sheesh. This is getting ridiculous.

The more I hear, the more I consider moving out of this country!

[edit on 5/12/07 by ValhallasValkyrie]

new topics

top topics

join