It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faux News uses hostage situation to smear conspiracy theorist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I am not sure why I was watching fox's coverage of this hostage situation, but they were going out of their way to use this guy's "supposed" belief in conspiracy theories as conclusive proof that he must be insane.

They had a character witness, who has never heard this guy discuss any theories first hand, to describe the theories that he supposedly believes in.

As a conspiracy theorist, I was shocked at the smear campaign. Thinking like a CT, I had to assume this was just fox furthering their agenda that anyone who questions the story fed to them by the media must be crazy.

Insulting.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Karlhungis, is this conspiracy theorist anyone that we know? I just got up, so I'm kind of out of the loop at the moment.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I wouldn't be shocked if this was a guilt-by-association smear on RP since people claim he's a conspiracy theorist.

"Only gay people play soccer."
"Jim plays soccer."
"Conclusions ?"

We distort - you comply !

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
They posted his name, but I haven't heard of anyone knowing him yet. I was just amazed at how quickly Fox managed to find out that he was a CT and even dig up supporting witnesses.

It will probably only be a matter of time before they link Ron Paul supporters to it in some offhand remarks. But honestly, I can't stomach their coverage long enough to find out.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
But honestly, I can't stomach their coverage long enough to find out.

I understand this completely. I stopped watching the MSM years ago, especially Fox. I had to as a means to literally control my blood pressure.

Should be interesting to see how this plays out. I had the immediate thought that this was orchestrated by one of the campaigns, perhaps even Hillary's own, for some reason.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
I had the immediate thought that this was orchestrated by one of the campaigns, perhaps even Hillary's own, for some reason.

You are an insane Conspiracy Theorist! I thought the same thing as well. I would say, if we went down that road, that her campaign would be the most likely. They would have the most to gain. I don't see any other candidate gaining anything by doing that.

I am not saying that she was behind this, but I can see the possibility. Crazier things have happened.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
My Personal Opinion

People always call other people crazy!!

It's nothing to get all angry about.

Remember the old saying about sticks and stones?

What other people think doesn't matter whatsoever.

Me I have some really unpopular opinions but I could care less if anyone even

reads them or agrees I just write em any which way.

Anyway ya'll have a great day

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Yes, although I don't think she needs the press. Being a woman gives her plenty of that. So what would be the purpose? Sympathy?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I have no doubt that, if there is any connection to the web, the PTB will run with it as it pertains to the "Violent Radicalization' Bill currently before Congress. This is definitely part of the neo-con marching orders/talking points.

[edit on 30/11/07 by kosmicjack]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

that's wierd, I swore I kept hearing Troy Stanley or something like on the FOX coverage. Now they're calling him a paranoid schitzo...

ex wife said he hasn't been taking his meds... and yes I agree that the whole "conspiracy theorist" coverage aspect was a little presumptious on the part of the media... why couldn't they have just said a man with mental illness?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

Yeah, I did to. I edited my previous post and removed the name. I don't want to play fast and loose with someone's character and reputation.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I don't know about this particular case, but I have seen Fox News absolutely eviscerate people in the same manner you describe. They use every dirty trick in the book, twisting the other guy's words and ideas and putting words in his mouth that he did not say, and then attack him for being a lunatic or fringe person or whatever. I'm not exactly sure what the Fox agenda is, but I don't like it at all.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
A related thread that highlights their tactics of late:

Fox News Labels Dissent As Anarchy
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I heard the term conspiracy theorist being used a few times on FOX, but I actually watched the events in New Hampshire unfold until the term terrorist started being thrown around.

If an event like this occurs, there is at most times a thing or a belief that is blamed, but seldom an individual. Now I wonder how long it will be before road flares and conspiracy theorists are banned in New Hampshire

Or maybe he was just fed up.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
hey kosmic, just noticed that Fox is nowing saying Leeland Eisenberg who has many aliases..... right now they're tossing around both names.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Yeah, now they are using both names and suggesting it is one of many aliases. Most recent conspiracy quote "... a conspiracy theory, which is a clear sign of mental illness."

I wonder why faux news is the only one focusing on this conspiracy theory angle, when they admit that they don't even know the identity of the guy?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Initially, I thought that this whole thing was staged to win over support for this wench's campaign. The sheeple would feel "she needs our support, look what happened to her campaign office." Give me a break. I won't be shocked if this event gives her a boost in her ratings.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
reply to post by Karlhungis

Yes, although I don't think she needs the press. Being a woman gives her plenty of that. So what would be the purpose? Sympathy?

If we are still speaking hypothetically, in that she staged the whole thing.... It would all depend on what kind of things / demands that the guy ends up making. They can pretty much paint him as a nut job and tie him to anyone that they want to drag down. Kind of like the Ron Paul angle that was mentioned earlier. Basically, make paint him as a huge supporter of your opponent.

top topics

join