It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China targeting all 'enemy space vehicles'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission?
what agency is this?

In america, there are always such organizations to deal largely in sensation but no one sing a little praise for china. hehe..

why do you always believe their junk remarks? incredible!

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Out Of This World

Originally posted by stumason
GPS satellites are geo-synchronous, so they don't "go" over anywhere. They stay put, in relation to the ground.

Not true. GPS satellite orbits are not geosynchronous.

How GPS works: The orbits of the GPS satellites

The satellites orbit the earth with a speed of 3.9 km per second and have a circulation time of 12 h sidereal time, corresponding to 11 h 58 min earth time. This means that the same satellite reaches a certain position about 4 minutes earlier each day.

Additional information:

Wikipedia: Global Positioning System

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
i stand corrected, thanks Majic.

Would have thought it would make life easier if they were geo-synch, but then again, I'm not a scientist!

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Here is a story I read about a while ago, that is related to this, allegedly the chinese used jamming techniques on spy satellites.

www.usatoday.com...

I don't know much about that, but personally I think a non-destructive jamming of a spy satellite that is over your territory is fine. If the chinese have spy satellites over my country I hope we are jamming them too.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

Space is not air space buddy, There is no air up there.

I think you might be taking things a bit too literal there.

"There is no international agreement on the vertical extent of sovereign airspace "

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 1-12-2007 by Flyer]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
Our satellites are in a very high orbit and they go over every country at one point or another. It is a act of war attacking one of our Sat's and they would pay the piper if they tried. They don't have yangs to try to provoke us that way. They know that we would say take out their whole navy for such an act. Most of Chinas nukes are tactical and its funny that most are still aimed at Russia.

Nice keyboard warrior talk there, they wouldnt "pay the piper". In fact, I doubt the US would even admit one of their satellites were destroyed by China as it would be an admission of weakness.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Keep dreaming. China is a long way off from being able to challenge us militarily. They have no big navy, Very little air power. We dominate the sea and the sky. We probably have a defense system for our Sat's that know one talks about because our Sat's are so important. China can only rule its backyard because they have a huge army, However moving that army anywhere is a big task for them. Anything that pops its head up in a fight with the U.S. is a big target. It would be hard to move that army when they would be bombed relentlessly, The only chance they would have is if we ran out of bombs. Then the tactical nukes would come into play and its by by Chinas army.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join