It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: Impeachment if Bush bombs Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Biden: Impeachment if Bush bombs Iran

www.seacoastonline.com

Presidential hopeful Delaware Sen. Joe Biden stated unequivocally that he will move to impeach President Bush if he bombs Iran without first gaining congressional approval. "The president has no authority to unilaterally attack Iran, and if he does, as Foreign Relations Committee chairman, I will move to impeach," said Biden.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
So...A Presidential 'hopeful' wants to oust a current President. I think this is pretty huge news. Not that an impeachment process will actually be passed (the democrats are too wimpy and repubs don't really care).

I would have liked to see this happen about 7 years ago the first time he was elected (or rigged the election, depending on what school of thought you follow).

I'm still curious how you can win the popular vote, but not win the election...And no I don't want the electoral college as an answer, I mean seriously...Its messed up.

"If you're going to impeach George Bush, you better impeach (Vice President Dick) Cheney first," said Biden, again drawing applause.

Biden said the best deterrent to prevent pre-emptive military action in Iran is to make it clear, even if it is at the end of his final term, action will be taken against Bush to ensure "his legacy will be marred for all time."

www.seacoastonline.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Bush is a 'monkey in the middle' according to an MSNBC newscaster

Fake Bush Administration mug shots at NY public library

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

... I hear you, finally some civility from these people. This is great news, let them threaten all they want, not that I like that either, making more enemies pretty quickly -- China, going to blast space satellites, etc?! Russia seems to be going their own way too, and good for them, people living like peasants for so long, should stop.

Biden is doing the right thing here.

The Cheney/Druggie lies are sickening and war(s) is/are ruining/bankrupting the U.S. These truly are 'evil' people since such a thing can exist philosophically, sick of them and no thanks to Hill, we don't need her version of democracy either.

Bush never separating church and state in wars they either caused/started or hatefully push through the massive amount of fooled middle American Christians -- 'thou shall not kill' -- seems like soldiers are getting sick of it too:

"Marines shot this boy!" he roars... He wants the boy evacuated to a field hospital. The major on duty informs him that Lieutenant Colonel Ferrando is sleeping and can't be disturbed. Fick is livid. "I wanted to tell the major that we were Americans, that Americans don't shoot kids and let them die, that the men in my platoon had to be able to look themselves in the mirror for the rest of their lives."

Lance Corporal Jeffrey Carazales:

Do you think people at home are going to see this—all these women and children we're killing? # no. Back home they're glorifying this ##, I guarantee you. Saying our president is a # hero for getting us into this #. He ain't even a real Texan.

Lieutenant Nathaniel Fick:

Worst of all were the accolades and thanks from people "for what you guys did over there." Thanks for what, I wanted to ask—shooting kids, cowering in terror behind a berm, dropping artillery on people's homes?

mparent7777-2.blogspot.com...

[edit on 30-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
More on Biden.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Thanks, biggie, for this thread, I had commented on this news on another thread shortly ago, but I was unaware of yours at that time. This is indeed a hopeful glimmer on the horizon. I actually think W is a cool person, would likely have been a blast to hang out with in college or something, but we do have some drastically differing views regarding the great United States' position on the world scene, as well as the home scene.

President Biden . . . interesting ring to it. He's a strong man, I think, seems like America and its Constitutional values are important to him. I'd hate to be wrong on this one . .

new topics

join