It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre "Artificial Creatures"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'm going to chuck this into "science and technology" but really its about creative engineering.
This Dutch guy makes and "evolves" these incredible wind powered,mobile,simple brained creations.They move using stored energy from "feathers"(vanes which blow around in the wind).

Check out the way these things move,its amazing.
The video is about 10 mins long,and has a (skippable)advert before it.
Please check it out,its top stuff!

www.dailygrail.com...

Make sure to watch it in full screen.
How cool are those creations?

Check it out one and all!!

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Here is more about the creator:

en.wikipedia.org...

And a short youtube video:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I must admit, those would freak me out if I were strolling down the beach one day and ran into such.

Great video, and an interesting person I would enjoy meeting.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I'd say he's a modern day genius.

I looked at the Youtube video and I'm amazed how they move, how it really looks like a creature moving yet it's only made up of wood, plastic, and/or paper materials.

Nice find

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Nice one both,
Hes onto something I think.
We just have to figure out a positive use for them.
I was thinking they could eventually be put to work cleaning up plastic from beaches maybe.
It sure needs doing these days:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

They should try to make sea roaming versions as well,to scoop up toxic rubbish while staying safe for vessels nearby.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
When I first read this post, I thought "Wow! He made some cool-looking robots out of a bunch of junk!" After reading a bit more into what he's doing, I realize he's actually done a lot more than that, which would already have been impressive. Jansen's creations actually have a form of artificial intelligence based on genetic algorithms. They are actually learning how to do things.

This guy truly is a modern genius. He is a master engineer, a gifted artist, and a brilliant programmer. I wish him well in his work, although, like NGC2736, I would be kind of freaked out of I saw that thing running towards me on the beach, too :p

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

Yes.I totally agree ...he is a genius...no doubt about it...

amazing...
fantastic stuff...

Imagine one of these on Mars powered by a small motor....no need for wheels...i wonder if NASA is aware of this.....

He should get a noble prize for this amazing innovation.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Whoa! Just amazing. This guy is no doubt a genius of the very first order. He seems to have learned how to mimic nature in a most profound way. I’m not ready to call these inventions ‘artificial creatures’ just yet, but they are obviously much closer to that than an airplane is to a bird. Great find.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This is the most profound individual, I have ever seen. This is the heir apparent to Archimedes, The single most brilliant inventor for 1000 years before DaVinci.

-ADHD

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I know I shouldn't even be saying this, because, in a way, it lessens what this man has created... but wow, I can't help but see the military taking some of this and developing all terrian walkers... especially after seeing the last creation on the youtube video.

Irregardless, they are rather amazing; the fluidness of their motions, the naturalness of their actions... wow.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
id say the honda lil robot guy is more worth talkign about..

# is just bigger and made of tubes.. the video made me laugh..

"the animal.." lol..

and he acts like they can reproduce on their own..
theres a mention that they have evolved.. it inferes that its on their own..

im not saying he isnt smart.. or that his work is laughable..

i just say his presentation was laughable at some points.
'[they have evolved... ... this species is...]'

im sure if i was a psychologist id say he has some complex of mental defect. however smart he is.

-G

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
i think ill add that i do think he is artistically a genius.. his works are beautiful and superb. i think the man very smart..but my first responce was to the first video on here.. i took it too scientifically.. so sorry about that.

-G

[edit on 9-12-2007 by GlahES]

too many damn typos

[edit on 9-12-2007 by GlahES]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Hi Silcone Synapse, thanks for posting this.

The funny thing is, that I am a Dutchmen and never see this incredible footage before, and never even heard of the man before.
Maybe it comes because I visit daily more American sites like ATS than Dutch sites, except www.ufowijzer.nl... and www.ufoplaza.nl...
I am really amazed by his creations.
How did he do that, he must have indeed a brilliant brain to design such beautiful things.
Thanks again.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I already posted a thread about this: Creating new life forms.

But it died quickly, as my threads always do.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
I already posted a thread about this: Creating new life forms.

But it died quickly, as my threads always do.

Hi watch_the_rocks.

I clearly missed your posting about the same beautiful creations, but as you surely know, with a big site like ATS it will surely happen again and again.

You are yoking of course by saying,
“But it died quickly, as my threads always do”.
Because, when I look to your Extended Profile I need a UFO to even come close to such a list.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Nice one Space visitor!

I hope the inventor gets more recognition in the future-he does deserve it I think.
Let us know if you ever see any of these creations on the beaches of Holland!

new topics

top topics

join