It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humongus Object found in Greenland

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AKARonco
hmm, well it is still there, so obviously its not a glitch, because overtime, different overlapping pics would change, and it hasnt changed. I saw it on another sight, so i decided to download google earth and look at greenland- it is still there. it really looks like something under the ice- imo its a building from a previous race, or a spaceship...prove me wrong. or gimme an explanation

Or they just haven'd had a need to update the sat images from there....it being nothing but snow and ice, why spend the money to update it?

It's a glitch...hundreds of them on google earth.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AKARonco
hmm, well it is still there, so obviously its not a glitch, because overtime, different overlapping pics would change, and it hasnt changed.
That means nothing, they only change the ones they want, Google Earth has the same photo of the place where I live since 2005.

I saw it on another sight, so i decided to download google earth and look at greenland- it is still there.
Instead of looking at different sites with the same images from Google, why don't you use a different service, like
Live Search Maps
? Or one of those services that publish almost real time photos from weather satellites, like this one (you have to select the time when the satellite was over Greenland)?

it really looks like something under the ice- imo its a building from a previous race, or a spaceship...prove me wrong. or gimme an explanation
Or you can think for yourself and try to find an explanation for yourself, instead of accepting any "pre-prepared" theory just because it sounds more interesting.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
If this were a camera or stitching anomaly then the mist or fog above it would be cleany cut by the stitching.

The fact is that the fog appears to cover the object, casting a shadow onto it.

The people discounting this are in permanent denial or disinfo agents.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I think that there were giants in those days, which built the boat and mabey even the pyramids. You might be able to multiply the average size of a human now days by a thousand and get how tall they were back then.

Uhm, thats biblical giants 1.8km tall, well the "ship" in the image is is 85 km long so according to your calculations a 1800 meter biblical giant boards a 85000 meter long ship, the "ship" is about 50 times the giants length. Thats comparable to a 1.8 meter human boarding a 90 meter long ship today, an huge oiltanker is about 460 meters so the "Noah's ark" was quite small even for giants but enourmous compared to an oil tanker built by humans today of course, 85km ship can host many animals.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
if believers that this is anything but an imaging anomolie are ACTUALLY serious - why do none of them have the courage to mount an independant expedition to investigate

before any one crys " it cannot be done " read the full accounts of the expeditions that culminated in the recovery of glacier girl the lockheed p-38 interceptor recovered after 58 years entombed in ice

it was all done by a private consurtium - and self financed

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
The Anomoly could be a compression artifact, Like when you pass an analogue sound into a digital audio recorder it then sample's to the nearest value from for e.g. 256 level's, when these image's are taken they are sampled during compression and the inherant level's of sensativity in the CCD or similar device already pre sample them the compression occur's for storage and transmission meaning they are sampled twice but and here is the the point, The area sampled to show such a high level of equalistation must all have been of the same luminence and colouring variation and fallen into that sampling range or it would have made a tile like effect, the landscape you see Through the object is most likely Over the object, if enough loose snow had melted and enough ice had been saturated by the melt water it would have rendered the otherwise opaque ice semi translucent to a great depth due in part to the fact the ancient ice has been compressed into a single macromolecular water crystal,impurity in the ice would allow only some light through though and this could be a number of thing's, an error during processing is not likely as even in greenland's interior there are a great variation in topography that should show up in the current google earth but it has obviousely been cencored as it is very featureless (though this could be due to the luminence level of light reflectivity from the ice creating a narrow variation that can render the subtle detail's lost in compression).

Possability's.
second world war installation (unlikely).
Cold war secret installation.
Ancient object or device.
None terrestrial origin (not likely in this case)
Compression artifact (not likely but if google would share the source code it would be possible to reference it to the image and if it appeares on more than one satellite scan of the area to create the homogenouse shape then it can be said to be not a compression artifact.)

Like many of you I believe that there have been previouse advanced civilisation on earth but What could attract a advanced extra terrestrial race to earth, Sol is half way along a spiral arm of the galaxy so is a good way point between the mineral and element rich heart of the galaxy and the stable and old star's of the relatively calm outer galaxy but I still doubt that this is Extra Terrestrial in origin though it may be very very old indeed.

A near infra red, ultra violet and radar scan of the area may reveal more but it is possible tht the objet is so crushed by time that it would be unrecognizable except for it's size.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Here's a question. Why wouldn't GE just define in text any anomalies such as this as it were ? I also doubt anyone on ATS or the internet for that matter, would be the first to notice it. So what ever it is, it was left there with no explanation for everyone to freak on. So lets just ignore it and maybe it'll go away ?
edit on 28-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Like many organisation's google employ's thousand's of people, people whome have many different belief system's and moral viewpoint's, many of these people would rail at cencoring information that is not personal data so like the leak's that periodically come from government's and agency's around the world they may sometime's deliberately slip up or miss thing's, these are the unnamed people whom ensure that at least some semblence of the truth still exist's as remember the old addage information is power and those with the power are loath to let it go even if it mean's they also lose out so long as they maintain power they don't care.

With the loss of wikileak's we are as a planet the poorer and they are as tyrant's the more secure in there illegitemate authority, as long as such people exist democracy shall remain an unobtainable goel.

An atheist has a religeon and often closes there mind to possabillity's, An agnostic on the other hand merely announce's as the the translation would read I DON'T KNOW and as an author once noted were there is an altair there is civilisation.

Disinformation is the greatest tool of the illegitemate governance other than suppression.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mondogiwa
reply to post by PontiacWarrior

PontiacWarrior,

Can you send a link to the video that works better? Also, I am confused with the measurements? It states 49,61 miles long..what is that? Is that four thousand or supposed to be 49 thousand? These units and commas are strange to read?

Thanks, Peace..Mondo

In Europe, they use commas instead of periods to represent decimal point. (And I believe they use periods instead of commas in big numbers. 123.456,78 (Europe) is same as 123,456.78 (North America).

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by aceace

Why did he make so MANY mistakes when he made 2001 like stars in the background the way the astronauts walked on the Moon's surface in 2001

Find out how satellite photographs are taken before jumping to stupid conclusions

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join