It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humongus Object found in Greenland

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Also, Greenland is one of the worst detailed and most stitched together places I've seen in GE. It's terribly poor.

You can find 'mysterious' anomalies all over it.

Now ones like the 'thing' at location 52 30' 40.78"N, 4 56' 59.52"E are different, and not common stitching.. Still dunno what this one is...

Google maps for those with no GE.

Google Maps Link

Edit: Damn Images.. Arghh!

[edit on 1/12/2007 by badw0lf]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Whoa, that is weird.
I tried looking at this using FlashEarth but it doesn't scale and zoom in all the way.
www.flashearth.com...

Are there any people from Holland that might perhaps drive by this place and identifiy this building?

I'm thinking this building has an Southernly-angled glass roof top that caused the sun to reflect directly into the path of the lens whenever this snapshot was taken.

Notice how the shadows are cast?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Don't worry about the gold thing in GE... Here is the real story. Notice the black object near the gold colored snow? There are 3 of these on earth each 30 miles long.

Here are links to all 3.

tiny.cc... (Baker Lake, Canada)

tiny.cc... (Kangerlussuaq, Greenland)

tiny.cc... (Gerstle River, Alaska)

Feel free to zoom in on these. When you do, think about the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey. Remember what they found on the moon? Then they traveled to Jupiter. Remember the oblong object recently found under the rings of Jupiter that was huge. You will start putting the pieces together. Remember the X-Files movie where they went to the article circle. Remember in "V for Vendetta" when Evie said " My father says Govts use the media to tell lies, and the arts are used to tell the truth" (not an exact quote)

While we did go to the moon the pictures/video came from the set of 2001:A Space Odyssey. produced and directed by Stanley Kubrick. Where Apollo 11 landed was a site of a great many anomalies, hence the cover up. They couldn't afford for anything to be seen. If you read about Kubrick when he produced 2001 he demanded in his contract that the moon set was to be kept for 2 years after production was complete. Kubrick finally relented, and for sixteen months he and a special effects team -- led by Douglas Trumbull -- worked in a specially-built sound stage in Huntsville, Alabama, "creating" the first and second moon landings. This effort resulted in hundreds of hours of 35mm and video "footage" of the Apollo 11 and 12 moon missions.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PontiacWarrior

When they put certain object's there to make us ask question's on google earth it's 99% of the time something that can be worked out ?

And i have seen this exact same google earth picture a good while ago it's just odd is it not ?

Something worth getting dug into.

Well done OP for bringing this to ATS.

Regard's
Lee

P.S i have noticed google earth has updated a lot of it's image's so maybe it's worth having another look at that area right now to see if the object in question is still present.

If it is not try looking for any disturbed ground where the object was that is off course if there was an object there in the first place.

Final Regard's
Lee

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I've noticed those black objects before, especially on Greenland, why are they like that? I mean, are they the locations of military bases because that would make sense and Google censors some images.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthweezer

The black objects are all the same size. They are hiding something.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I can't seem to find the other boxes when I look ::shrugs:: but what could they be hiding? My vote still goes to military bases because I read that "terrorists use Google Earth to plan attacks"

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
maybe greenland is the ever so famous atlantis...

and considering the locations of those black boxes you are seeing, maybe they are pipelines for oil..or entrances to the underworld..or just glitches in the programs..who knows

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Could be a digital hitch of old pictures that make up the land, like some areas have clouds that cut off due to the picture taken at a different time. Does not look fancy but more like a miss paste of pictures I think.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
People should only use Google Earth after learning how it works, like a "Google Earth drivers license for dummies" or something like that.

I have lost count of the post I have seen where people talk about things as simple as lack of photos, bad photo alignments, etc. as if they were very strange things. Usually, these people are also the ones who think Google has a special satellite that shows real-time photos and can see through clouds...

Also, there are more satellites available, Google does not use photos from all of them, and any photo of those places with another satellite will show that place as normal as it ever was.

PS: just to keep my peace of mind I will say explicitly: Google Earth is not the only source of satellite images.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
black boxes could be military bases, as there are alot of america military bases on Greenland, with their own landing strips, Canadian planes stop there to refuel while travelling to the North. A caller in on a George Noorey show said he was a geology student studying in the summer in Greenland and saw what he could only describe as a lava man coming out from an ice cave, maybe it has some connection with the firey thing.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by Jessicathespy]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I don't have GE so I checked using Google Maps and the object is there. The black rectangle is also there and is pretty obviously an imaging artifact. I eyeballed Greenland using Google Maps fairly recently (within the last few months) and I'd certainly have noticed the object if it had been there, then. It wasn't. Given it's apparent structural nature and sudden appearance, my best guess is that somebody has hacked Google's image database and is having a little fun.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
There's alot of weird stuff on google maps.. search around..

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Heres a closeup to the object, It looks like a poor stitch job

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
They look like anomalies to me too! Here's a website that's worth looking at. Shows alot of weird google places etc.
Google Earth Cool Places

Just click on the smaller images to bring up a new picture. On the left side of the page you can check out tons of weird places and famous peoples houses . Just puch check it out and google earth will open and take you straight to the place and you can bookmark it.

[edit on 12/5/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
i dunno what it is but so far i heard its a building, space craft (doubt it),google earth glitch. like i said i dunno what it is i'm still doin all the research i can. i'm thinking about just goin there myself and seeing what it is. i doubt it's a building cuz the things like massive, i dont think its a glitch cuz its too detailed and i dont think its a spacecraft because..... well come on. what my question is is one what is that black stripe blocking out(obviously intentional) and two what is that rip or tear that u can see in it. if anyone get ANY info on it can u pleez email me it at [email protected] it would be greatly appreciated

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
You know that Google Earth consists of several satellite images put together right? Well, this is probably a case where one of the satellite image is taken at another date than the one next to it. Which means that in one of them there might be summer and in the other one there may be winter and THAT'S why you see such a difference.

So no big object there at all!

[edit on 2007/12/5 by TrappedSoul]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by aceace

It's a stitch job, nothing else.
These black rectangles are areas that were missed by the satellite as it passed through. Google map images are put together like a giant quilt.
To get all these images to line up consistently, some images may overlap in some areas and some may be incomplete in other areas. These black images are the areas that are incomplete. If Google ever decides to update its map, perhaps then will fill these voids.

Why is this so difficult to understand?
Not everything is a conspiracy. Think about it, these black areas may appear to be hundreds of miles long but do you really think an object of that length and size can be so consistently straight along its edges and just as consistently even toned in color?

Heck, if you zoom out from your black object you will see a much larger poor stitch job

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I also found this piece a while back. Well my dad did. Instantly he said that it was Noah's Ark. It's a well known fact that you multiply years by a thousand. Well mabey some other things too. It is clearly made out of wood and it is to big to be anything else. Me and my dad calculated it to be a little over 85 miles if you add the shadow to the right of it. The red mark would be bow line. Also a couple verses from the bible stating "the bow in the cloud" which meaning greenland being the cloud and bow which is the ark. Also another verse " There were giants in those days". We multiplied the dimensions in the bible of noahs ark and it came out to a little over 85 miles matching up to the object in greenland. My comment about giants, I think that there were giants in those days, which built the boat and mabey even the pyramids. You might be able to multiply the average size of a human now days by a thousand and get how tall they were back then.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Excuse me for for asking...

What the hell does this have anything to do with UFO's or Aliens?

All I make of this is an advertisement for Google.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by gauncents]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join