It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Youtube Debate Plants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Why is no one seeming disturbed by the many plants among the questioners in the You Tube Debate? It seems like at least 6 of the videos were submitted by people not even backing Republicans, wasn't that the point of the debate, answering questions from people undecided about you.

We have a Gay General who turns out to be involved with the Clinton Camp.

We have a Muslim women who was an intern at CAIR.

We have a young women posing as an undecided Republican voter who is actually for Edwards.

We have Black gentleman who is a Edwards supporter.

We have a gentleman asking about corn subsidies who is a former intern of a Democratic Congresswomen.

We have a supposed Log Cabin Republican who is actually an Obama supporter.

To top it off we have somenone who was asking Ron Paul to make an independent run who is a Richardson backer and who had a another question on the Democratic You Tube Debate as well. Couldn't they find enough videos to not use the same person twice?

"CNN didn't just "pick the questions." They identified contributors and in some cases worked with them to shape the video. Mark Strauss from Davenport, Iowa, ... told OffTheBus that "CNN called him and requested that he re-shoot the question and keep it to twenty-seven seconds."

www.liveleak.com...

I suppose this is all part of some massive right wing conspiriacy right? Did CNN change it's initals to CBS when it comes to background and fact checking on it's vetting of the You Tube videos?

michellemalkin.com... 1/29/digging-out-the-cnnyoutube-plants-abortion-questioner-is-edwards-supporter/

Maybe it's just me, but this didn't really come out as "ordinary people asking the candidates honest questions". It's more like staged theatrics desiged to ellict a response by calculating people.

CNN in my opinon stacked the questions with people not even considering voting Republican, how come the same didn't happen at the Democratic/You Tube/CNN debate.

Fair and balanced? You decide.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I already posted a thread on this. All the lefty's seem to be avoiding it

See it here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It's more than likely that those plants were already known and allowed to participate just so the Republicans could call the Democrats out on it publicly, thus widening the divide.

You really need to start thinking outside the illusion err.............I mean box.

Peace

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Sorry, I looked for a post like this before posting, I'm sure some people don't want the illusion spoiled for them that it was a "ordinary" people debate. It wasn't.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I don't think you understood my post because you obviously can't see the forest for the trees. It's alright though, not everybody's a tactician.

Peace

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Ummmm no, I got it. I'm not that dense.

Then why didn't they do the same thing for the Democratic You Tube debate then? The more obvious conclusion is that CNN itself had an agenda in the form of the debate questions and questioners. I would have expected this more from MSNBC then CNN, but I am not that surprised.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Yeah, as a self-identified liberal I'm embarrassed this happened. Maybe CNN could avoid this by selecting people at random and asking them what they want to ask instead of asking for submissions.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It's not about the networks being liberal or conservative. Once again, that's just an illusion created for your benefit. They all serve the same purpose, and that's to divide. It's a simple play on human nature.

Stop taking the bait!

Peace

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Then why didn't they "bait" us at the Democratic YouTube Debate with planted Republicans. They did with Democratic plants at that Debate as well. I just want my fair share of planted Republican questions. Is that asking for too much. Now we know why the Democrats feared being on a FOX moderated debate.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I, too am a small-picture guy unable to see past the thicket of Bushes, but I would make the observation that the left likes the participatory excitement of the barricades where the right prefers to sit back and let thier checkbooks talk.
I don't think there's a master plan to plant these people, they're just obsessed with politics and feel that's the answer to all life's problems.
Asking the candidates if they are Bible toting Confederate flag waving death sentance for gay children advocates just makes the questioner look silly, if that's possible when in the same room as Anderson Cooper.
On the other side, Democrats seem to being going to great lengths to avoid fielding any questions at all, even fro thier side.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Having a common purpose doesn't mean that one side still doesn't want to win. Every politician has his or her constituents who want the prestige and influence of the Presidential office. That's just for reasons of greed. But, it's in the interest of everybody with power to keep the populace divided. That's a common goal and it is essential.

With that said, there's no doubt that the Republican braintrust are far and away the better tacticians. Most of the time things that, on the surface, make them look bad, actually work in their favor when all is said and done. They are not easily deceived, and most of the time allow themselves to look bad because they have an ace up their sleeve.

Peace

[edit on 30-11-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

They've only got a brain when it comes to demagoguery and dirty tricks.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I will give to you that the Republicans are much better at giving the other side enough rope to hang themselves than the Democrats are. The Democrats seem to play checkers, thinking only a move or two ahead while the Repbulicans play Chess. Republicans are better at removing their fingerprints from the knife, so to speak. They don't leave telltale signs of their involvement.

Still doesn't excuse the Democrats for sticking their nose in the Republican YouTube Debate. There were far more important questions to be asked of the Republicans rather than "why did you support the Red Sox Rudy?" than the ones CNN allowed. Doen't excuse CNN for letting that happen either. I'm mean it's not like these were people with very hidden agendas, we found out about them by a simple googling of their names for the most part.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
It's more than likely that those plants were already known and allowed to participate just so the Republicans could call the Democrats out on it publicly, thus widening the divide.

You really need to start thinking outside the illusion err.............I mean box.

Peace

Of course, those wily Republicans are very clever. They get Democrats to infiltrate and disrupt events, so they can then turn it around on the Democrats. What flavor kool aid do you prefer?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja
They get Democrats to infiltrate and disrupt events, so they can then turn it around on the Democrats. What flavor kool aid do you prefer?

"They get" is different from "they allow". I don't think for a second that the Republicans didn't know what was going down.

And I'm a diet Coke man thank you very much. Aspertame is my friend.

Peace

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
"They get" is different from "they allow". I don't think for a second that the Republicans didn't know what was going down.

Still, where is the outcry about the Democrats doing this in the first place? If the Democrats are that obvious about sneaky stuff, quite frankly, I don't think they should be in the Executive branch.

I can just see it now, Republicans being blamed for letting Democrats plant questions in their debate. I can't wait till the real campaign and the Democrats complain about "dirty politics".

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
As usual, CNN claims to have done nothing wrong insisting that:

“We’re focused on the questions, not the questioners,” said Sam Feist, CNN’s political director.

But at the same time said the following:

The network looked into the backgrounds of people who submitted “very sensitive questions,” Feist said, but didn’t ask their party affiliation or whether they were associated with a campaign.

I guess it's Don't ask, Don't Tell when it comes to CNN's background checking. Next time you use YouTube, try using it's Parent company's main product as well, CNN, the most trusted name in news. LOL

www.politico.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The guy who asked Ron Paul if he would run as an independent tried to come across as a fan of Ron Paul. But he called him Mr. Most anyone who supports Ron Paul should not make the mistake of calling him Mr. Because you read stuff about him, and you keep seeing him referred to as Dr. it basically eventually gets hardwired into your brain if you've done enough research and watched enough clips (to honestly be able say you know for sure he's the one you want) - that you should refer to him as Dr.

Just a thought, but it struck me. I noticed it the first time I watched the clip. It just becomes automatic to refer and think of him as Dr. Paul if you are following his campaign.

top topics

join