It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fraud and intimidation: Russian 'elections'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Fraud and intimidation: Russian 'elections'

www.guardian.co.uk

The Kremlin is planning to rig the results of Russia's parliamentary elections on Sunday by forcing millions of public sector workers across the country to vote, the Guardian has learned.

Doctors, teachers, university deans, students and even workers at psychiatric clinics have been warned they have to vote. Failure to do so will entail serious consequences, they have been told.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
It seems that fledgling democratic government in Russia has been strangled by President Putin and his United Russia party.

Putin and the United Russia party seem to have put themselves on the same level as Robert Mugabe, threatening pay cuts and unemployment if people don't "vote the right way". The upcoming parliamentary elections are basically a farce.

Politically, Russia has become no better than a banana republic. A great shame for a nation that had so much potential.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Wow, I knew you westerners are a bit crazy regarding what your press has on Russia, but this time you crossed all reasonable limits. What a bunch of idiots you have there working for Guardian ! Do you seriously believe this article ? I can tell you what this is. Utter bull crap ! I am a Russian citizen and I laughed my pants off while reading this article
You are a banana republic, not us !
Learn to think, at last..Anti-Russian paranoia is eating you from within, my British friends. Get over it.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by Leevi]

join