It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone please explain this quote by Friedrich Nietzsche in relation to the whole 911 Truth Mov

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Whoever battles with monsters had better see that it does not turn him into a monster.

For the first part of the quote, imagine that you are a Russian soldier in Stalingrad during WW2 and the Nazis were the monsters, as they did loot,pillage, rape, raided etc. As you know Stalingrad was the bloodiest battle in history, so by fighting monsters and repelling them what did the soldiers do during the counter attacks up until Berlin? They treated Germany the same.

And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

For this, ask all these questions to yourself
Whats an abyss?
What dwells in it?
How deep is it?
Where is the abyss?
How is it an abyss?

If you study darkness, that darkness will eventually 'study' you.

If you spend a long time looking at evil things, you'll eventually pick up a little piece of that evil.

-Naeem

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Lot of navel gazing going on here, it is unhealthy.

Try ditching the paranoia and look at facts objectively and you will feel 10 times better.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Hi, this relates to my intro thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I agree with the quote, it can also be used for the US military: if you go chasing after terrorists long enough, you risk becoming one.

It also is relevant with law enforcement (cops and robbers, cops becoming robbers) whenever a cop plants evidence or lies to get someone put in jail, no matter how much they think they are working for the greater good, they are simply becoming what they hate the most.

My advice is to just calm down, which is why I call myself a Calmist, a non-alarmist. I believe we should question the government, but we shouldn't lose our heads over it. I hope you can understand this so that you don't become too worked up, after all, if you defeat yourself, you are doing the enemy a favor.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join