It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The human collective conscience.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I read about an experiment they did based on the idea to find out if there is a cnnected conscious:

they brought several people (who were able to see) in a closed room and thought them blinde writing. After a couple of hours the first group left the room and they put a new group in the room to teach them blinde writing. and so on and so on. they found out, that every new group were able to learn it faster than the group before. they said that might be a hint for a connected Conscious.
I have it out of a book. maybe eldon taylor, i do not know anymore.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
This collective conscious is just something new agers have pinched from science/quantum mechanics and bent and shaped it to come up with more nonsense...consciousness has never been shown to be anywhere other than the brain...it doesnt *connect* to anyone else...not literally anyway,we can still use our brains to *put ourself in someones else shoes* and imagine the emotions and feelings etc...but were not literally connected,as far as im aware of....

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by allyna

While that is possible, I'd want to know whether the same teachers taught them every time.

If it is the same teachers every time, they could be improving on their methods of teaching subconciously or intentionally and that could lead to the faster learning by the groups.

Just a thought... I'd like to know more about the conditions of the experiment.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Duality

i really have to search for the book where it was described. as soon as i find it, i can get you further informations about the conditions. i remember, that i thought this experiment was extremly interesting.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Could this be why religion was created, to stop this type of ability from happening? to keep us separated based on belief?

IMHO organized religion was created for political and military power. Religions started out grassroots and sincere. They got hijacked ... much like the Tea Party and the Occupy Wallstreet started out grassroots but then got hijacked. It's a lot alike.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join