It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The human collective conscience.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
Sheldrake's work has shown that that our Genes are only one part of a much grander picture just like the researchers dealing with Holographic and Quantum mind theories have shown the consciousness is very likely to be trans temporal and not simply a product of our Brain. If only someone could get all of these guys to work together on a project: Penrose, Pribram, Sheldrake, Radin, Hameroff, Vallee, Baars, Goswami, and Stapp. Who knows what they would discover?

That's a great idea, do you think they'd be up for it?

The only problem I see right now with this, is even if they do produce evidence, our mainstream scientists will somehow find a way to reject it. They're stuck in their classical views and don't want to move on to the modern world. I mean, there's enough evidence out there of NDE's supporting the concept of consciousness existing outside of the body, but the mainstream scientists seem uninterested in studying the unknown and rather stick to their classical view.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
We are all One from what I've heard and read.

Everyone is connected at the very highest leve of consciousness and that is what we call God.

We are just godlings I guess.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I definitatly am a believer in the collective conciousness. Often i will have a conversation with someone and while they are talking i think of what i want to say then when they finish talking about their subject they start to mention the event or person i want to talk about. it doesnt work if i try to make them think of a subject only if i truly want to talk about something meaningful.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drzava
also, i was not feeling like everybody else in 9/11, does that mean i am not human?
yeah humans can react the same way in events like 9/11, but that doesnt mean that we are connected.

this hsould not be in paranormal studies, this should on on human and social psycology [SIC]

I don't think you got a grasp of the meaning of the video. The 9/11 part is about collective FOCUS. Many minds attracted to one event. Just do five minutes of research on Matsuru Emoto's crystals, Rng experiments and quantum physics. You'll find something called entanglement. Think about that some time, keep in mind that we assume the universe was created at once.

This all DOES mean we are connected, the link could be made in many different theories. Some say we are all one being split up in different units. Some say we are connected by entanglement and so on and so on...

- Chris

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'm new here,but I gotta say that I'm liking this talk about Collective Conscience.Yes,I see this as a fact,because I tested this all out for months and found that yes we are all connected and I don't care what anybody say's,because I seen beyond chance too much to count.We are a very powerful race!!!!!

Peace!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I agree we are connected. I never really thought about in this way until a few months ago and all of a sudden one day I thought we are all one entity. I then thought of all the people that I don't care for that much and laughed a little to myself. I guess that is one of the lessons? Thank you everyone today for the awesome stuff, you rule!

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by corvuscorax18
I then thought of all the people that I don't care for that much and laughed a little to myself. I guess that is one of the lessons?

That's the way to go...
FREE, I mean.

No amount of Freudian psychoanalysis could ever match THAT.

Google has a "button" linked (or so it seems) to the Global Consciousness Project that you can put on your website or blog or whatever. You can find it among its "widgets".
(If you don't know how it looks in context, you can take a peep here - it's a friend's occasional blog. They don't sell anything, don't worry.)

[edit on 5-1-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

We are just godlings I guess.

I take issue with the "just" part... but I REALLY like "godlings".

That's a good one!

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
i'm afraid i gotta take a different view of this.

the thing we call a 'collective conscience' isn't some high falutin
state of awareness we are trying to Attain & connect-with

the 'collective conscience' is nothing more than shared reactions to stimuli,
just like most humans will scratch their butts if their crack is hot & sweaty,
it's just a natural reaction that myself/yourself/& joe blow down the street.

But a segment of society places some sorta metaphysical aura around
these common reactions/responses by infusing the event with a suggestion
that 'strangers' are somehow interacting with a type of 'thought interaction'
or 'mental telepathy'.........

a fine way to push one's agenda which might entail the selling of thought provoking / mumbo jumbo books...(which isn't bad or wrong in itself)

collective conscience is a fancy way of presenting common or shared
reactions to common or shared life events.
i ask youse---- how much collective conscience sharing do You think
you have with a Ted Bundy or a Hannibal Lecter (just 2 examples)
or on the other end of the spectrum ...what does a 110 IQ person share
'collectively' with a 50 IQ person?
No!.... we are worlds apart on one level..but we all fart and walk away
or pretend we didn't do it in the elevator...
none of which expresses a 'collective conscience' linkage between humans
on a level deeper than shared experience and common behaviors to those
expeiences...

thanks,

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

yes we are all connected it is called the thought sensitive theory here are the laws:

#1 all living things that give off energy are thought sensitive
#2 thoughts have the power to noticably affect a living thing that gives off energy if:
(1) there is not an equal or more powerful thought oposing it
(2)the thought is translated into some form of external communication to be channeled by whether the communication is relevant with the thought or not (i.e. saying i love you with words or body language while the thought is i hate you)
#3 thoughts channeled through words etc make the thought more powerful
#4 if the thought energy is coming off of more than one brain the thought will be more powerful

this kindof explains what you were talking abut hope it helps

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Language and culture are the connective tissue.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
its like the force....whatever you would like to call the collective unity that is everything in this universe...

its not easily accessed...meditation helps, but you have to learn to listen..in order to listen you need to silence the mind. The essence of a psychic is the connection and channeling of this force.
We live in Space time...
its opposite is TIME space...
where time becomes space
and space becomes time

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I'd like to think we're all connected in some way, all life including animals, plants and I suppose even the planet we live on.

But... You know when you think about it there's almost no evidence to support it. I mean I've never really seen any connection between people and it seems as if the world is getting more distant from my point of view as time passes.

It's a nice idea, but so is heaven and so forth. I can't just believe in it based on faith though, I need some proof.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
we are connected because everything is energy. your mind is energy, even your body is enery. everything is made of positive and negative moving atoms. everything is one. i do not want to sound esoteric or cheesy spirituell but i think to see it that way is pure logic.
you can find a lot of interesting things about that theme in Joseph murphys "the power of your subconcious mind". great book. great thinker. helped me a lot.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duality
I'd like to think we're all connected in some way, all life including animals, plants and I suppose even the planet we live on.

But... You know when you think about it there's almost no evidence to support it. I mean I've never really seen any connection between people and it seems as if the world is getting more distant from my point of view as time passes.

It's a nice idea, but so is heaven and so forth. I can't just believe in it based on faith though, I need some proof.

immerse yourself in quantum physics.
There is plenty to support it. E= MC2....everything is energy.

Truth is true on different levels. In the physical 3-dimensional level in which we perceive

our lives in for the majority of our time here, we are not connected.
If we were connected on this level it would be pretty weird and you probably wouldn't learn to much as an individual.
Hence the duality of the universe.

I see the connection every day, and Im always thinking things before people say them. Hearing the song before they play it on the radio, opening my cell phone right before I get a call, et c.

When you focus on what connects us, it gets magnified.
When you focus on what disconnects us, the disconnection gets magnified.

However, the fact is is that our differences also can and do bring us together as one.

we are all connected in a web of energy that comprises this universe.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I really like this thread. My beliefs, or their basis, seem to be a stem from both
biggie smalls' - Hindu version of reality and the elements of 'Quantum Entanglement'. Iwould like to read further, as in a text book, into this quantum stuff. Something with less math and more other fundamentals. Any suggestions on specific titles? I don't need links unless they link to the actual e-books.

UPDATE: just got Parallel Worlds

[edit on 28/7/08 by bDaedal4ever]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

I think that the people who follow the trends, commercials, promotions etc re the most predictable. But those of us who are open minded and choose the road less taken are tho ones who make drastic things happen. The collective conciousness can be swayed. But those who hold their ground and their minds do not lead the lives of sheep herded by fate and swaying. They do the impossible and are the less predictable.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by iiinvision

I actually know a fair amount about quantum physics and entanglement and all that thanks to a background with university science. I'm still unsure about whether that qualifies as a connectedness or not though. It's certainly the most plausible 'realistic' explanation for it but I'm still skeptical.

I know what you're saying though, in fact about the only abnormal thing that ever happens to me is similar to what you mentioned. Oddly enough, I seem to predict the episode of the simpsons that will be on (directly or indirectly) almost without fail... I'll be thinking of a joke on the most vague level of it 2 hours prior to the episode coming on and it seems to happen consistantly. Similar things happen with other TV shows, minor events and I seem to be able to guess when my iPod will crash.

I usually attribute them to me just picking up on subtle clues though or not noticing when I'm wrong. After all it's a bit obscure. "Has the ability to know what simpsons episode will be on that night...". Blergh!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Very interesting topic.

Whilst there's no proof (and certainly not in a scientific sense) of any collective conscience I still believe it.

Some traditions teach that the spoken and written word is the ultimate barrier to communication and that the real truth can only be understood, not told. It goes hand in hand with the belief that all humans are manifestations of one intelligence.

Kind of like the idea that the biblical story of the Tower of Babel was an analogy for the shattering of the collective consciousness, to be replaced by exoteric communication which leads only to more confusion. In tarot one of the major arcana cards on the journey is the tower. To master the tower is to collapse the illusory reality (of which separation is one aspect) before uniting with the higher self (which is part of the collective conscious).

Like iinvision said, the more you accept the idea and meditate on it the stronger it becomes, and more obvious it seems. You start to feel closer not just to people around you, but part of a broader picture of humanity.

Probably not explained so well, and I can't tell for sure if I'm right or not, just that it's nice thought to carry with you as a kind of remedy against loneliness and despair.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
What ever it truly is it has fascinated humans for a very long time myself included.

akashic records:
(akasha is a Sanskrit word meaning "sky", "space" or "aether") is a term used in theosophy to describe a compendium of mystical knowledge encoded in a non-physical plane of existence. These records are described to contain all knowledge of human experience and the history of the cosmos. They are metaphorically described as a library and other analogues commonly found in discourse on the subject include a 'universal computer' and the 'Mind of God'. Descriptions of the records assert that they are constantly updated and that they can be accessed through astral projection. The concept originated in the theosophical movements of the 19th Century, and remains prevalent in New Age discourse.

A theosophical term referring to a universal filing system which records every occurring thought, word, and action. The records are impressed on a subtle substance called akasha (or soniferous ether). In Hindu mysticism this akasha is thought to be the primary principle of nature from which the other four natural principles, fire, air, earth, and water, are created. These five principles also represent the five senses of the human being.

The records have been referred to by different names including the cosmic mind, the universal mind, the collective unconscious, or the collective subconscious. Others think the akashic records make clairvoyance and psychic perception possible.
Wikipedia

It’s my opinion the civilization we have created interferes with this ability, we are separated from our fellow man through religion, society, race and culture.

Collective consciousness refers to the shared beliefs and moral attitudes which operate as a unifying force within society. This term was used by the French social theorist Émile Durkheim (1858-1917) in his books The Division of Labour (1893), The Rules of Sociological Method (1895), Suicide (1897), and The Elementary Forms of Religious Life (1912).

In The Division of Labour, Durkheim argued that in "traditional" or "simpler" societies (those based around clan, family or tribal relationships), religion played an important role in uniting members through the creation of a common consciousness (conscience collective in the original French). In societies of this type, the contents of an individual's consciousness are largely shared in common with all other members of their society, creating a mechanical solidarity through mutual likeness.
Wikipedia

I find this phrase interesting: (those based around clan, family or tribal relationships), in that at one time on Earth all humans seemed to be on the same page concerning religion and basic living lifestyle, there seemed to be no large scale warfare and no greed. All humans lived in harmony within their environment, and with each other, we didn’t seem to have the separation between race, religion and culture that we have now. One possible example of this could be the ancient worldwide belief in the existence of Dragons

It’s my theory that the internet is helping to reform this shared conscience, of course I can’t prove this it’s just a theory.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join