It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran vows never to stop pursuing atomic plans

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It would suck,in the form of taxes and lives but the super company war machine would yet again do very nicely indeed.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Iran needs to be dealt with, very soon.

It's threaten to wipe a fellow UN member off the map, building a nuclear weapon and funding of terrorist organisations. The democratic movement of Iran has been targetted, liberals have been repeatedly attacked.

My prefered option would be to fund/support the democracy groups in Iran who aim to end the theocracy.

(sits and waits for this thread to turn into an Israeli bashing session...
..)

[edit on 30-11-2007 by infinite]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

AMAZING!

didn`t think it would be long before you arrived.

building a nuclear weapon:

prove it.

funding of terrorist organisations:

Well since Hezbollah is supported by more countries around the world than the 6 that say its terrorist , then , well your wrong.

that and the US has funded terrorist organisations in its time : the proof is on ats so please look for them.

`democratic movement targetted and liberals attacked`

you talking about Iran or the USA as its true to both....

and i am rather disappointed that you STILL follow the LIE about wiping of the map when i have proved many many times , to you , that it is wrong.

a regime change without war is what he said - look at the latest comment about the collapse of the regime in israel , not exactly the same soundbite that fox and cnn still spout.

[edit on 30/11/07 by Harlequin]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Agreed, but still wish it really doesn't have to come to that. Ironically, I couldn't sleep last night and ended up watching a documentary about the Israeli attack on Iraq's reactor. There were so many chilling parallels to this current situation leading up to the Israeli attack. Saddam was threatening to wipe out Israel, France was helping Saddam build the reactor, most other countries (including the U.S. that time) thought it was no big deal.

The strange thing, though, was that after the attack, George Bush (the father - VP to Reagan at the time) was the person in government most pissed at the Israelis and wanted slap them with strong sanctions, etc.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Wow your the only one who got it right, everyone esle on the web must be wrong.

Ahmadinejad: Israel must be wiped off the map

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Letting Iran have nuclear weapons is just fine and dandy, they would NEVER use them on anyone. Just like Hitler would never invade Poland huh?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Go on then go to war with Iran! Ask yourselves why your mighty government isn't at war with Iran?

What they waiting for?

What's the delay?

What they scared off?

By the time your mighty governments decide to act Iran will be armed.

It's a shame your governments don't share the same confidence as some of you brave souls who sit on your chairs stuffing your face with doughnuts and slurping coke while preaching war.

All you war mongers are all talk and refuse to take aboard facts.

You're all one dimensional and quite frankly boring.

Follow your leader and be a good little boy

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Hehe,
Good one infinite.
I really am convinced now that I got you all wrong.
You are a true grand master of sarcasm.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JadePhoenix

why thank you for your link - did you pick the only part of that page which supports your arguement , missing the entire rest of that page you linked , which disagree`s with you?

oh and the beutiful quote in the later part really made me laugh

The same idiom in his speech on December 13, 2006 was translated as "wiped out" by Reuters:

Just as the Soviet Union was wiped out and today does not exist, so will the Zionist regime soon be wiped out

did i miss all the mushroom clouds over russia or something

the internet supports the truth - including that very page which you linked to

en.wikipedia.org...

see the BOLDED letters in the middle - , which funnily enough are the same as i wrote

www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

if you move away from fox and cnn - the words ` wiped off the map` wasn`t used.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Ok "wiped off the map" wasn't technically what he said.

The translation according to the link you provided means:

"The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time".

That's basically saying regime change is it not? Was Imam saying the israelis should vote in a new party? Or did he mean the current regime should be assassinated?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
was the old soviet union destroyed and `wiped from the map` (sic) and did a regime change happen bloodlessly

or was there mass war and nukes flying (which apparantly i missed)

change can be both violent (usa in iraq) or bloodless (popular removal of the shah of iran) but in the context of his speach - especially since he used both the collapse of the soviet union and the removal of the shah - i would say `popular` regime change without violence

see his `collapse of israel` speech.

what is also interesting is the speech he gave about `war mongering nations self destructing` also hinted at Iran itself coolapsing - only a hint mind you - but its wispers like that , that entire idioms and false lies can be born *cough* WIPED FROM THE MAP*cough*

the guy is actually brilliant - you need to listen with an open mind to what he says -he`s no fool , fanatical maybe - but not a monkey on a string like someone else who wants to rule the world...

[edit on 30/11/07 by Harlequin]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
That's basically saying regime change is it not? Was Imam saying the israelis should vote in a new party? Or did he mean the current regime should be assassinated?

This is from the same speech and on the same wiki page referenced. I guess it should answer your question.

Ahmadinejad also claimed in the speech that the issue with Palestine would be over "the day that all refugees return to their homes [and] a democratic government elected by the people comes to power"

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
If I was prez of Iran I'd do the same thing. Imagine if your very aggressive and muscular neighbor kept yelling through your window , "you better not be working out in there or Ima kick you ass !!" Would you listen to him ? I sure the hell wouldn't.

Iran is trying to stay safe in a world where America is drunk with power and bombs.

Can anyone really blame them?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Harlequin-

the guy is actually brilliant - you need to listen with an open mind to what he says -he`s no fool , fanatical maybe - but not a monkey on a string like someone else who wants to rule the world...

Ok let's not go too far. Hitler was brilliant too.. I can admire brilliance but I detest any sort of theocracy.

mythatsabigprobe-

Ahmadinejad also claimed in the speech that the issue with Palestine would be over "the day that all refugees return to their homes [and] a democratic government elected by the people comes to power"

That's laughable. Palestinians were getting displaced long before the war in 1967... so bringing them all home is a pipedream. And by "democratically elected gov't" Ahmadinejad means a theo-democracy... which in my mind means theocracy.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Bush Ahmadinejad Speech :

Americans Iranians are asking, why do they hate us? They hate what we see right here in this chamber -- a democratically elected government. Their leaders are self-appointed. They hate our freedoms -- our freedom of religion, our freedom of speech, our freedom to vote and assemble and disagree with each other.

They want to overthrow existing governments in many countries, such as Syria, Iran, and Venezuela.

These terrorists kill not merely to end lives, but to disrupt and end a way of life. With every atrocity, they hope that America Iran grows fearful, retreating from the world and forsaking our friends. They stand against us, because we stand in their way.

We are not deceived by their pretenses to piety. We have seen their kind before. They are the heirs of all the murderous ideologies of the 20th century. By sacrificing human life to serve their radical visions -- by abandoning every value except the will to power -- they follow in the path of fascism, and Nazism, and totalitarianism. And they will follow that path all the way, to where it ends: in history's unmarked grave of discarded lies.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

[edit on 30-11-2007 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Hehe,
Good one infinite.
I really am convinced now that I got you all wrong.
You are a true grand master of sarcasm.

whatever,

if you haven't got anything constructive to say to me, don't bother replying to me okay?

And as for Harlequin, I know the United States has funded terrorist organisations in the past. I can name a dozen groups.

Annddd..

and i am rather disappointed that you STILL follow the LIE about wiping of the map when i have proved many many times , to you , that it is wrong.

You haven't proved anything to me.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
We will never invade Iran. People who think this need to read some more on the matter. We will however in my opinion do a limited air strike to wipe out the nuke installations and missile sites but thats about it. We would then sit back and wait for the Iranians to one make a move on Iraq with its army or try to inter fer with shipping in the gulf. Any one of them would bring about a real shock and awe air campaign allot worse then what Iraq went through.
Will it happen? I guess we will find out when CNN goes to breaking news and tells us that reports from Iran say crap is exploding everywhere
then we have a address from the white house in two minutes.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I want everyone who thinks that we are not going to go to war with Iran to read THIS and tell me what they think.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Iran vows never to stop pursuing atomic plans

Iran's fifty or more years behind the times. Saudi Arabia, The rest of the incomplete Region is not all that far behind.

Of course Iran's going to keep on swinging.. to those bozos anything more advanced then their pipe and pumps is something they want, especially if if has devastationg potentcial !!

Deal with'm. Stop talking and do. Don't be concerned with Putnik -- he's already won everything except Russia's own loss of offensive/defensive technology.

Dallas

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
This thread show just how effective propaganda is, I cant believe some of you people actually believe word for word what your government and media tell you.
sad.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join