It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: China targeting all 'enemy space vehicles'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   

"China’s anti-satellite and space warfare program includes plans to destroy or incapacitate 'every enemy space vehicle' that passes over China.

The annual report of the U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission, released last week, listed among Beijing's goals that of ensuring that Chinese space weapons are “conducted covertly so China can maintain a positive international image.” China has called for a ban on space weapons at the United Nations.

The report said that China also is developing civilian technology that can be applied to military space programs and is acquiring the “ability to destroy or temporarily incapacitate every enemy space vehicle when it is located above China,” the report said. "

www.worldtribune.com...

China are pushing ahead with their militarization of space while trying to stop the USA doing the same.
Is this because the Chinese know that the USA are up to similar tricks?
This can't be a good thing for any of us.A space war would set back space travel for a very long time,due to debris surrounding the earth.
Looks as though we may have a space weapons reace on our hands as well as the possibility of a terrestrial nuclear arms race redeux.

---------------------------------
Replaced quote with 'ex tags for external material

Please read Posting work written by others

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 30/11/07 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
My question is when does space become space and not just airspace? An incursion into a countries airspace is considered illegal is it not. At one time space was considered the property of all not just a few. I may be uninformed ,but isn't there already a lot of junk floating around in space from previous flights. Is the altitude that satellites orbit in considered to be space or airspace?Short of having a one world government, there really is no one agency that has the clout to enforce rules against the militarization of space. There must be reasoning behind China considering space vehicles as enemies. Do they mean terrestrial or extraterrestrial vehicles? I hope my questions don't sound stupid but I've always disagreed with the idea of exclusive ownership of space including other planets and the moon. The vehicle travelling through the space is someones property but when does it become an enemy and why is it considered an enemy? I also disagree with the idea of ownership of broadcasts through space. If you want to claim exclusive ownership of something you don't give away do you? It all boils down to intent. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
i hope china do it,
we need real profesinals in space.
r u forgeting that usa has a big amount of money to pay china.
if china wants, they can get u amerikans into a new depression.
and if they see usa is gonna colonize space, they will tell u -give us our money,- and u will never get to space, hahahaha

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
..this is a pretty intense position to take, check this from the OP:

The Chinese also plan to attack U.S. global positioning system (GPS) satellites through various means, including anti-satellite weapons, high-energy weapons, high-energy weather monitoring rockets and ground attacks on earth-based stations.

“Some of these proposals appear to have been implemented already, as evidenced by January’s kinetic anti-satellite test and earlier laser incidents involving American satellites,” the report said.

Maybe China can shoot down HAARP for the good of all!

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

DELETED BY THE MORRIS COUNTY SCHOOL OF TECHNOLOGY

[edit on 30-11-2007 by Drzava]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
China are definetley using their new found wealth to get up to all sorts of space tech.Their economic boom has given them the confidence to challenge the USA on subjects such as space weapons.
The world will suck just a little bit more when one country decides to weaponise space,as others will soon follow-like we are seeing now with the US and China.
Bad news IMO.

I bet they have a similar system to HAARP as well.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I thought there are treaties banning this is space? It obviously shows that the U.N. is a total fraud and a joke to let these kind of quotes fly and do nothing about... should the U.N. ever 'matter' -- they better start doing something regarding superpowers blatantly threatening one another.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Locating is easier said than done! But, let them rattle their sabers.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

If anything it would make space technology grow alot faster. war has that effect but you can be sure the monies coming out of YOUR pockets after a nice big scare campaign

new topics

top topics

join