It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firemen spies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Firemen spies

rawstory.com

It was revealed last week that firefighters are being trained to not only keep an eye out for illegal materials in the course of their duties, but even to report back any expression of discontent with the government.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Our liberties, freedoms and privacy slowly stripped away

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Thats pretty much it . fear will keep the rest in line...
Even nine eleven hero's are suspect .What am I saying ,particularly suspect when they see more than the 'official cover story'

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I wonder what else could be slowly stripped away?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I hope all of the Republican and Democratic bastards who are responsible for turning our first responders into spies....

taking a deep breath

For the sake of the nation I hope those who have given us the HDS, the war in Iraq, wiretapping of everyone... I hope they all die in their sleep and all of their knowledge of such evil things dies with them.

I need to go find a drum circle that's drumming for the neo-cons to combust spontaneously.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
IS IT 1984 ALREADY???!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by v4vendetta
IS IT 1984 ALREADY???!!!

It would seem that way.

Quite frankly, the firefighters have their hands tied with their assigned duties, the fact that the fascists in office expect them to be their personal minion spies disgusts me.

Chances are though, they've got enough disgust in their government themselves, that they aren't going to bother reporting a few quick quips they here from other civilians.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
1984? Not quite. Closer to Fahrenheit 451 actually, the idea of having the firemen do that kind of dirty work is exactly what happens in 451. In any case I doubt we'll see much out of this. Between putting out fires and saving people from various mishaps I doubt that they've got the time to snitch on people for being unhappy.

new topics

top topics

join