It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012...Age of Aquarius

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Ok, so I've been wondering just how exactly the 2012 Mayan Prophesy got mixed up with the Age of Aquarius.

The Age of Aquarius refers to the Earths' axis pointing to the constellation of Aquarius within which the sun appears to rise.

Each Age lasts for about 2150 years, with one full revolution within the Precession of the Equinox taking approx. 25,765 years to complete.

If the Age of Aries lasted from 2150 BCE - 1 CE, and the Age of Pisces began in 1 CE, then the Piscean Age would last until 2150CE (a century and a half from now).

We are now in a transitional time, the cusp. But the Age itself begins in 2150. So how is it that the Mayan/Hopi Prophesies are linked to the beginning of the Age of Aquarius?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 3ftcrow

different sources have different start dates for the start of the Piscean Age
... i've read that 100 BCE was the start, ergo, it will be 2060 for the start
of the Aquarian Age.

but, the 2160 year 'Age' is a result of geometry, of dividing the heavens
into 12 parts of 30 degrees each.... a mathematical clean up of the rather
messy real world sky & constellations.

Not all the constellations are 30 degrees apart, so the length of each
constellation 'Age' varies, it was observed that the Age of Aquarius
depending on the benchmark start point actually began anywhere
between the late 1980s and 2001...with the rising of Aquarius on the
horizon to Aquarius at another position on the solstice making the difference of just 'when' the Aquarian Age actually began.

but in the long run, the whole precession does take 72 years for the sky to move 1 degree and therefore a whole precession takes
72 X 360 = 25,920 years (give or take...unlike the Maya calendar)
(( see 'Precessional Age = 2160 years' on any search engine ))

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Okay, I get that. It makes sense that the time length of each 'Age' would differ from one to the next. But the other part of my question was how the Precession got linked to various 'End-Times' prophesies, besides the more obvious explanations of the Mayan Calendar, etc. What are your thoughts on that?

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 3ftcrow

Please read this Thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Aquarius will start in 2160 instead of 2012 (Maya date)

In 2012 it is 11:11 'o Clock in the Pisces Age.
Remember the new film, the 11th hour.
On 12 'o Clock (2160 AD) Aquarius will start.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
It is said that on December 21, 2012 the sun will be closer to Aquarius for the first time, instead of Pisces.

Also, that people with low spiritual vibrations (ways of thinking, etc.) will see it as a time of great catastrophies in the world. And that people with high spiritual vibrations will see it as a time of great spiritual enlightenment.

The world is going through a difficult time now, in this transition from the Age of Pisces to Aquarius, as it isn't easy going from the Age of a water sign (in this case a fish - a low life form), to the Age of an air sign (a human - a high life form. And Aquarius (the sign in general) is the most spiritual of all the signs). So, it's a big jump.

Different sources often have different dates for the true start of the Aquarian Age. I'm sure December 21, 2012 is an important date for that.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I've also heard that the zodiac ages aren't all the same length. 2,200 years is just an average. Some zodiac constellations are more spread out than others. Pisces, for instance, is not as spread out as Aquarius. The Piscean Age was just 2,000 years, whereas the Aquarian Age will be 2,500 years. So, December 21, 2012 (or thereabout) could very well be the actual date that the Aquarian Age begins - or a very significant date in its unfoldment.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1011

Why do you think that many astrologers claim that the age of Aquarius began in 1447?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
Why do you think that many astrologers claim that the age of Aquarius began in 1447?

I'd say different dates in history were significant in the gradual growth and development of the Aquarian Age. And that it first began peeping over the horizon, so to speak, in the Renaissance. That was around 1500 A.D. in Europe. One can certainly see Aquarian characteristics, influences starting there. History says that the Renaissance ended a few centuries later (around 1800). I don't believe that. I'd say it never ended, and we are still in the Renaissance. (Perhaps just the beginning of the Renaissance ended a few centuries later.)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1011

Regardless of all of that the Age of Aquarius started over 500 years ago in 1447. So it certainly is not starting next year and it is still going to be the Age of Aquarius next year.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

The world is going through a difficult time now, in this transition from the Age of Pisces to Aquarius, as it isn't easy going from the Age of a water sign (in this case a fish - a low life form), to the Age of an air sign (a human - a high life form. And Aquarius (the sign in general) is the most spiritual of all the signs). So, it's a big jump.

Different sources often have different dates for the true start of the Aquarian Age. I'm sure December 21, 2012 is an important date for that.

I'll just add here that Aquarius characteristics, ideologies are not supposed to be interpreted through the physical and emotional. That is a root cause of the world's difficult time now. It's supposed to be through the intellectual and spiritual. A good example is gender equality. It really means regarding others as people - rather than as men or women.

Also, December 21, 2012 or thereabout.

new topics

top topics

join