It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Cryptos of 2007 - Your nominations needed!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The giant task of creating some sort of Index for the Crypto forum has been weighing on my shoulders for a while now, and I keep putting it off. So I thought why not make it a "team effort"?

To get the Index started I'll make a list of the "Top Crypto Events and sightings of 2007". And this is where I need YOU to nominate your favourite of the year.

It's simple.
1. There must be an ATS thread on the topic. The thread/event must have happened in 2007, i.e. you can't nominate the 1967 Patterson film.
2. It may not be an obvious hoax, for example any of the Levi "fallen angel/winged creature" threads. (At a later stage we can add "known hoaxes" to the Index - as we all know this is of great need as well.) Some threads like the Hog Bigger than Hogzilla and the Bahia Horned Beast may be considered as they were not obvious hoaxes and had us talking for weeks.
3. That said, photographic and scientific topics will receive preference. We’ll consider the amount of the replies to the threads, the actual impact the “discovery” had on the Cryptozoology field and the possibility of it being real or not.
4. No "Carcass of Chupacabra" threads will be accepted, because they pop up year after year, and every single time - without exception - DNA testing shows "Fox/Coyote with mange".

Just to get you thinking and browsing through the year's events, here's some of my nominations:

They found the actual foot of Bigfoot

Geeez people wanted proof of bigfoot... i never thought our first proof would be bigfoots own damn FOOT!

Borneo Rhino Caught on Video

In June 2006 there was much excitement in nature/science circles when the elusive Borneo Rhino was caught on film for the first time.
Article - June 2006

Now, a rhino has been caught on video for the very first time.

New Loch Ness Footage (30/5/2007)

An amateur scientist captured about 2 minutes of video footage whilst doing not related experiments at Loch ness. What makes this video so different is that it's not a "neck out of water" as the typical sighting...

The Dartmoor Beast 31st July 2007

A beast on the moors... and a Great white in the sea off Devon and cornwall. Seems it's not safe in or out of the water down there

Edit: Almost forgot...
Jacob's Creature/Young BF in PA

I ran across this on the BFRO today. A guy has a couple of pics of what may be a young BF from a trail cam. It doesn't look like a bear to me. Chimp? Young BF? What do you guys think?

Well... What are you waiting for? Get digging!

[edit on 30-11-2007 by Gemwolf]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
The Hog Bigger than Hogzilla thing was all over the news for weeks, so I think that should be included!

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Not exactly my favorite but memorable none the less.

C2C Image: Unidentified Animal
by IMadamnalien

I refer to it as the Jumping Frog-Dancing Squirrel creature.

From my recollect, it was not proven to be a hoax, although there were some pretty good possiblities stated.

There was also another thread ( before this one ) where the same 'type' of image was caught on film in somebody elses yard. I can only visualize the picture itself, open fenced yard - house or barn in the background-blah,blah,blah.- creature on two legs.

Which in turn, also reminds me of the photo of the two policemen on horse back in the park, with the little creature apparently running between them as they pass.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I am going to go with 'The polish imp' video. I don't believe that video has ever been explained and it will always hold a special place in my heart.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Oh, silly me.. I forgot to post a link to 'the polish imp' video for those of you who havent seen it.

polish imp

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
Oh, silly me.. I forgot to post a link to 'the polish imp' video for those of you who havent seen it.

polish imp

Second the Polish Imp case. Very convincing and one that still has me scratching my head.

For the record, the youtube link above leads to the wrong video.

cj6

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

I haven't laughed that hard since I was a little girl, thank you!!!!

But is this the wrong link, or is that "guy" actually a polish imp?!?!

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cj6

The link is titles Hao 3 gameplay video, but you really got Rick Rolled.

LOL, it's a Rick Astley music video Never Gonna Give You Up.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by hikix

Overlooking the fact that the YouTube video shows everything but an Polish Imp (even though it says "Halo 3 Gameplay video") we're going to need an existing ATS thread about the video...

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I'm thinking Rick Astley could be considered a Crypid in todays terms.

Very little proof his career was ever real.

Kidding aside, The Polish Imp video sounds familiar.

new topics

top topics

join