It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be sure to get your vitamin D.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Feeling tired lately? Not enough energy? Maybe your feeling some pain or weakness in your muscles? Global Warming is effecting you. Yep you heard that right. It's global warming.

Lower Vitamin D means bad things for you and me:

www.healthcentral.com...

The sun is dimming because of pollution and the sun is needed by your body for the production of vitamin D.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
the info on Vitamin D is correct iirc, but

what does global warming have to do with the sun dimming ? particulate matter pollution actually cools and why would a warmer climate's atmosphere absorb more UV-B ?

care to elaborate or is this yet another case of 'GW' is causing everything from autism to obesity?

i though the real problem was melanoma scaremongering, which makes people use sunscreen and avoid the sun.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance

I guess the link would be the amount of particles in the atmosphere blocking some of the needed UV-b rays. This is what is needed by the body. Actually the more particles cause by pollution that do get into the atmosphere causes things to cool down. It's weired but the more pollution or Chemtrail spraying we do the cooler things get. The reason things have been getting hotter is because the atmosphere is clearing up through clean coal and other means.

Some UVB is absorbed by our atmosphere(ozone layer). This in conjunction with particle increases would reduce the amount needed.

A lot of people have been staying indoors more so then outdoors so any amount of UV-b you get is better then non. I guess a cool summer would be the time to us a UV-b bulb inside the house while a hot summer means going out doors.

I believe UVa waves are the worst of them and that is what you want to block the most of.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by cloakndagger]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger

I believe UVa waves are the worst of them and that is what you want to block the most of.

bingo! the reason being penetration depth.

now guess what sunblocker does? cuts out UV-B, leaving UV-A for tanning, ie. worst of both worlds, no Vitamin D, plenty of carcinogenic rays.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It's a pretty good idea to take the following vitamins and supplements daily:

A calcium supplement, preferable calcium gluconate, with added Vitamin D.

A Potassium and Magnesium supplement;

4g of fish oil;

A good multivitamin;

The best sources of vitamins are food, but a multi will help if you have some spot deficiencies.

Vitamins which can be too low in some diets are Folate, some of the B vitamins, and of course we already mentioned D (which is fat soluble so care is needed in consuming it).

Though food is the best source of these (mainly because of the ratios and proportions and the presence of co-factors, many of which we have yet to discover), you also have to beware of one thing.

Cooking and storing foods causes their vitamin potency to decline. So even if your food intake is good, there are some reasons to also supplement.

One other caveat. Not all vitamins are created equal. Absorption, forms (like calcium carbonate vs the easier bioavailability of calcium gluconate), lack of co-factors in a 'pill', and other things are all problematic. So stick with a recognized brand name.

Preferably, you want a brand that has an independent organization do quality and potency testing. Some brands my claim this, but you find they're using in-house potency testing, so there's a tendency to, uh, massage the results.

2 cents.

Oh. One thing about taking vitamins. You have to find your own method of ensuring you take them. Some people like opening 10 bottles of pills every day. Other people like to get the little zip lock bags and portion out the week's ration in daily dose baggies on Sunday, then they can just grab a baggie and go.

top topics

join