It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else who doesn't dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Reading through all of these threads of people dreams, I've realized: I don't dream.

I can't even remember the last dream I had, or even when it was.

I read one thread a few days ago (can't remember the author, sorry!) who said that they dreamed in color. I'd love to have those kinds of details, let alone dreams.

Once every few months, I can remember having a dream, but not knowing what it was about. I know it happened, but thats it. Its like there's a locked box that says "dream" but I dont have the key.

It might contain something important like the meaning of life, or the next nights lottery numbers.

So, is there anyone else out there who doesn't dream? (Or thinks they don't dream.)

PSP

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Well, to be honest i thought that too.
Most of the time I dont remember of having dreams for months but, the real truth is that you are still dreaming but when you wake up you dont realise you did dream that night.
When dreams are very important such as a dream when you run away for something is like you are denying something in the real world that you dont wanna tell to other people.

But to be sure, if you wake up at night and you know what you did dream, take a pencil and a piece of paper and right it down and next day you can see that you dreamed.

Dont think you have no imagination because properly you do, no need to be scared of not dreaming.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
What a bummer man i have a whole other life going on in my dreams! really a complete other reality. any way not trying to push the aussie thing on you but vegemite is great for remembering your dreams, i dont really know y but could be the Vit B ? any way Also choc makes night mares so beware
see ya nuts

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Well there are some things you can do. Like if you mess with your sleep patterns, like get up at 2 or 3 in the morning and stay up a little while then go back to bed, thinking about dreaming and how you want to remember one. Keep a piece of paper by your bed to write down anything right when you wake up. Try to wake up slowly. Open your eyes slowly, take control of your breathing slowly, get up slowly and do all you can mentally to calm your thoughts and hold onto the memory of what the dream was. This takes some effort, but probably necessary to get you kick started into dreaming.

The stupidest thing, like bumping your knee on the bedside table can make you forget a whole dream. Or worrying about what you need to do that day. Then you would have to take more time and effort to recover or recall the experience.

When I was younger, before I was even into dreaming, one thing that absolutely guaranteed dreams would be staying up all night playing computer games. Once you go to bed your body is exhausted, but your mind is still going 110%. So you go to sleep before your mind can slow down! If you can reproduce that sort of scenario you will without a doubt have dreams... or something crazy like that.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
how much do you sleep?

if your not sleeping much your mind wont have as much time to enter rem sleep in order to dream!

i dream every night!

[edit on 2-12-2007 by welivefortheson]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by welivefortheson

Usually for 10 to 12 hours. Its never enough when I wake up.

I just wish I could remember some dreams if I am dreaming and I dont know it.

top topics

join