It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul wins 2nd YouTube/CNN debate ..MSM pretends it never happened

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim_Kraken

It's not how long you talk for. It's what you say.
It would appear the others said things the majority didn't like and Ron Paul may have only spoken a short time, but obviously made an impression.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I think he will just continue to win b/c once you hear his views its hard to change your mind after that. The supporters of other candidates aren't nearly as passionate about their guys like ron paul supporters are and anyone who actually looks into these guys will see that paul is the obvious choice.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Ron Paul is the U.S.A.'s last best hope to halt the tragic slide towards fascism in america. If your an american, if your a patriot, if you believe in the constitution at all - HELP RON PAUL WIN!!!

and if Ron Paul doesnt win, its your god given right and your duty as an american to take up arms and *snip* that thinks they can take away your freedom without a fight.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I quit reading after you gave a link to cnn. I don't know about msm, but i'm portuguese, and last time i saw a debate on cnn it was about Christianity and the other one about the Democrats election.

Iin the christianity "debate", there were two journalists and one other person. The journalists were giving opinions. I don't know how does it work there, but here, when a journalist gives an opinion, he most likely will loose it's job, as it's seen as highly unprofessional. There's only a network where the journalists give opinions. The same that cares about socialites and tv real shows... no one cares.

As for the Christian "debate", it was basically around how Christianity was so good and everything else should just shut the hell up.

The Democrats commentary was about how Hillary Clinton was so damn good and how she completely pawned the other candidates... even if she won, you could see it was a total over reaction.

Oh well...

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Look, you can see how it's going, I say back Ron Paul all the way, or better yet, Paul / Kucinich double-header. But be prepared for the likelihood that he / they wont get in, because the msm only reflects the vampires at the top leeching the life out of your country and ppl.

So my advice is be optimistic but be prepared, and if the good guys lose, don't let it be in vain, this is obviously the last chance you'll ever get to retake Amerika. Use the momentum and push forward, protests, rallies, Paul is a figurehead but always remember it's the message not the cult of personality that is important. Start your planning now. Use the meetup groups, get your ideaology / ethical and political agenda sorted, and mobilise.

You're country has been trashed and you've been bled by your oligarchy long enough, don't put it all on Ron Paul to make this happen, or it won't.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I think the elections of 2000 and 2004 in the US were rigged, not just by giving more votes to a candidate with the aid of electronic voting, but rigged from the start, with the two candidates chosen independently of the will of the people

I think the 2008 elections will be the same. The majority of people will see only what the media wants them to see, and they will "choose" between two already chosen candidates.
I do not say that this happens only in America. I do not trust my own country's politicians neither

Whenever someone presents you with two or more choices, always think about more choices more options, even completely different ones, that someone is just a man, he did not make the rules of the universe. But this type of thinking is not encouraged

[edit on 30-11-2007 by pai mei]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

Make some signs. Get out there and expose him.

I pass out at least 20 flyers and 10 dvds every day. It costs me a little time and money, but if we don't take back America it is going to cost us all a WHOLE LOT MORE in the long run.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
I know that Ron Paul has almost no exposure in the area where I live. There aren't any signs or anything, and most people don't even have any idea who he is.

It's sad really, I've explained it to people and the next day I'll be talking about him again and the same people will just be like, "who?"

If the rest of America is as stupid as the people around here, they don't deserve Ron Paul.

sorry to say, they are like that around here too. I can't tell you how many time I've explained who ron paul is to friends family and coworkers, only to be asked again a week later. in fact most people I know that are voting, are just going by gut instinct, without doing any research or watching any debates and etc.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Is it just me, or are the folk running against Ron Paul scared of him?

There is fear in their eyes. Even the mass media are running scared of him, as the guy is coming out of nowhere.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Even David Rockefeller's eyes start twitching when you say the magic words Ron Paul.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
The fact is Ron Paul getting elected would possibly send the US economy into a tail spin. He'll just never sit well with Wall street.

Look at his stance on the Federal Reserve. Could you imagine if a President took away the Feds power? (think Lincoln, JFK)

I totally support him, despite not being an American. I'm just being realistic.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I wish in my heart that Ron Paul would win and that America will finally wake up and take back their country but alas I know Americans and how apathetic and uninformed they are and realize that this is a pipe dream. The only thing that will motivate Americans is the loss of their comfy lifestyle. When the gas is at $5.00 a gallon, people are all losing their jobs and their homes then and ONLY then will we see most people get involved. As it stands now, the only thing that Ron Paul can do is steal votes away from the chosen Republican, assuming he runs as an independent which imo he WILL do, and allow Hillarah to take over and finish ruining what GW started.

CNN, FOX, MSN, MSNBC, et al - all owned by the same masters. You see what they want you to see.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
dbl post

[edit on 30/11/07 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNut23

The economy has been in a tailspin since 1913, guy. The consequence of getting a guy in there who will hit the "restart" button is better than those who'll get in office and continiously circumvent the depression through lies and deceit. I'd welcome the radical change. I'm a strong supporter of self responsibility and reliability. I stay on my grind and Dr. Paul gets my respect because he does the same! Let's do work!

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Nice try, but NO. You cannot judge the winner of a debate by a poll on a website. I am an IT professional, but I'm by no means a hacker, and I could easily cast a few hundred votes in an online poll if I wanted to take the time to do it.

Having said that, I DO like Ron Paul's ideas. I agree with most of his platform. He just doesn't seem Presidential to me. Every time I've ever seen him speak, he's loud and angry and shows little self restraint. Two important qualities I look for in a Presidential candidate are his/her ability to stay calm under fire and the knowlege to know when it's appropriate to tone down the rhetoric and just state what needs said rather than yelling it and being over-dramatic.

I'm still on the fence, but considering a Ron Paul vote just based on his ideals, which I agree with. He needs to tone it down though, I'm not going to vote for a candidate that sounds like a kook every time he makes a public speech.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

And those who "seem presidiental" have seemingly failed us for the past 45 years. Maybe we should dismiss our preconceived notions and look at the individual platforms in a technical manner. Voting for character didn't help us out too much in 2000, now did it?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle
Nice try, but NO. You cannot judge the winner of a debate by a poll on a website. I am an IT professional, but I'm by no means a hacker, and I could easily cast a few hundred votes in an online poll if I wanted to take the time to do it.

im calling bull here...

Prove it, make guiliani win.

Youve got 2days to prove it to us.

He needs at least 50%...shouldnt be hard to to right? you only need 15k votes or so.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
As Ron Paul gains support from the middle class investor segment thanks to being backed by numerous economists (and in a LOUD way) it is likely , one would think, that this money will be used in advertising, and trying to penetrate the bubble , of an everday american.

I hope Paul commercials become common place during shows like "the view", "good morning america", too bad Rosie wasn't on their because she would talk about him (any pr is good pr) , I'm sure some celebrity's support the guy, I would like t see some celebrity's speak up and get the bandwagon moving.

you cannot keep a good man (with this much money support) down (for as long as they will need to)

[edit on 30-11-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I dont know jack about American politics (Australia here) but I REALLY like what Ron Paul speaks.

He seems to have a genuine love for Americas Constitution. A genuine want to make things right. He's idea's are bold, grand and against established power - all the things I thought the American forefathers fought for. So why isn't every patriotic American supporting this man?

I've always admired America for standing up to the established powers, and fighting for truth and equality for ALL its citizens. Ron Paul, to me at least, comes across like the Americans of old. A man willing to stand for whats best for his country and its people.

I really hope Americans vote for this man.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
What the Ron Paul issue has really shown is the amount of control that corporate media has over who gets to speak and who they push as candidates.
Just my opinion but this is an utter disgrace. Who the hell gave the media any say in who gets to run for office? They are there to report the news and events but should have no part in creating it and influencing the outcome.

Little wonder that so many people have turned to internet sources for news and current events rather than listen to banal air-headed anchors pushing out the latest celeb gossip to the masses. Of course, they see Ron Paul as a big threat to themselves as well as the establishment so it's no wonder they ignore or under-report his successes.
I was in Asheville NC at the weekend and it was good to see supporters out with two big Ron Paul Revolution banners on a flyover spanning I240. Good luck to them - and kudos too as it was bloody cold

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join