It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exhumed Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I'm very curious as to why the following thread was reopened: You Tube Girl/UFO Video.

This has been a contentious thread about an obviously phony video. There seems to be preferential treatment towards a particular member in this thread. The fact that the thread was reopened is incredibly suspect, as if this member is a family member or friend of staff. Even if that's case, I'd like to call for fair treatment of ALL members regardless of their relationships to each other.

ATS staff is usually more objective. I find the things that have happened with this particular thread extremely strange.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The thread is popular, and people are discussing it. Why should the members here not be able to discuss it? Watch the path you are going down.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Thank you for bringing this up , I was unaware this thread was ever closed.

I pointed out in this thread that threads like the one you mentioned are largely useless and detract from more important matters.

I'm also very interested in why a closed thread of such low quality (the video) would be re-opened.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by discomfit]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
The thread is popular, and people are discussing it. Why should the members here not be able to discuss it? Watch the path you are going down.

Have you been watching the absurd dance on this thread? The video is garbage, yet the OP is vehemently defended and, apparently, protected by staff.

If that's the case, they should come right out and say, this person is our friend/family member and this is why she receives preferential treatment.

Something smells here. Some of us would like to know exactly what that stink is.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I can bring threads back from early 2000. We can bring anything back if we chose to.
Why do you let this bother you? Every thread no matter how silly you think it is has an audience and a following.
You cant tell people what to pick and chose.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I can bring threads back from early 2000. We can bring anything back if we chose to.

Why do you let this bother you? Every thread no matter how silly you think it is has an audience and a following.

You cant tell people what to pick and chose.

The point here is that there has been preferential treatment with respect to a pathetic thread/video that never should have seen the light of day. You don't have an issue with preferential treatment?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I have no intention to side with anybody. Let me state in a way that I understand this.

Clearly, the Mod stated that he is closing this thread temporarily and it is not because of the subject matter but due to attacks to the OP.

After several ignored mod warnings in this thread about staying on topic I'm closing this thread until everyone remembers to attack the argument and not the poster.

Re opening this thread should not be a surprise to me as just what the MOD stated before he closed the thread, that is understandable.

I think it really depends on the intention of a poster. Here at ATS, I think everyone has a chance to discuss, even do some brainstorming with members for a certain topic.

IMO, this case is not a preferential treatment. I have seen other cases in which I can say that it was the case

No offense intended here. This is just the way I see it.

Peace

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I'm not taking sides with anyone except to say that other threads have been closed and after a little "mod" meeting or whatever goes on, it does sometimes get reopened.
You are all entitled to your opinions.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The thread was closed by me for a short time to let people cool down. Several moderators posted warnings to stay on topic that went ignored. After a couple hours I reopened the thread as intended from the beginning.

Any further complaints about the thread, thread author or me should be sent via the Complaints/Suggestions feature.

Thread Closed

[edit on 11/29/2007 by kinglizard]

new topics

top topics

join