It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polygamy in the afterlife?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
If a spirit has been reincarnated on Earth several times, where with each or most of those lifetimes they have had numerous children and partners. How is this reconciled when the spirit passes over to the spirit realm? I.e. you die and enter the light where you are greeted by your spouse, but what about the others you would've had in your past lives? Can this make things awkward? Even in the spirit realm!

Also what about inidviduals who have married twice or more and had two lifelong partners. How is this reconciled in the spirit realm?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Yea i have often wondered about that too. Lets say i had a wife and 2 kids. But in my past life i had a wife and 4 kids, maybe even in other lives after that i had a bunch of wives and allot of kids. I dunno kind of makes it seem like Love for a spouse is only relevant in this life...even though i do have unconditional love for all walks of life...still the woman i am having sexual relationships with, and the love of my life is well yea the love of my life...so i dunno how this all plays out.

i heard that some times groups of people can incarnate all at once that known each other. And that sometimes if your father or mother was your mother if they die they can reincarnate to be your son or daughter.

But i also hear that in the future we will have memory of all our past lives. So will we come into our life knowing everything we know from the past life and having our own you know "you" when you are born. i dunno its kind of weird, like the love may not be the same. Like right now if i had a kid i wouldn't no anything about his past lives, so i would love him as "my child". But if he knew that he had past lives and stuff i dunno it would be weird. Also i have always wondered that when the time comes that we remember all of our past lives, or even if aliens know their past lives. it would be weird if you reincarnated into a body and since you had full knowledge of your past lives you would already know about sex and stuff like that as a new born....lol

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Over the course of many lifetimes, there are many people who you will have all sorts of different relationships with. Sometimes a person who is your mother in one life could be your wife or your child in another life. When you are between lives, you spend time educating yourself and getting ready for the next life. Over there... there is no such thing as jealousy or envy... there are no "relationship issues". We come into each life to deal with our issues and grow spiritually. We all "know" that the lifetimes we experience are meant to reach a common goal and the emotional baggage is "left behind" when we cross over.

I hope I didn't cause more confusion.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
[removed quote of entire previous post]

Doesn't really answer my question though. How is the relationship between spouses resolved in that case? Surely the love and experiences shared by partners isn't suddenly dropped in favour of a 'spiritual pathway'?

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
usually when you come back you find the 'right' one its the past 'one' so alot of times in not more than one and spirits can merge they are just energy, i wouldn't worry about past life partners because reincarnation does occur even in the bible if you read rev. Jesus Christ's name isn't going to be Jesus Christ.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyboy211

I have the unique situation of not only being a spiritual medium but also have multiple discarnate companions who amplify my Radiance of love and affection to them. Moreover, I had multiple companions during the Interlife or period in-between incarnations. So I can address this topic out of an abundance of personal experience

Only spiritual relationships last.

Those sexual encounters in the past and present that are based on lust, produce weak bonds of affinity and desire in the Spirit.

Those sexual encounters in the past and present that are based on genuine love and caring for one other, produce strong bonds of affinity and desire in the Spirit.

Generally speaking, most people can only love ONE person genuinely and deeply, much less more than one. So it is not a good idea, nor is it feasible, to pursue a polyamorous or polygamous marriage.

In the "eyes" of the nonliving and infinite Light, those on the Other Side who are intimate with one another are technically married. But to be able to have intimate relations with more than one person usually produces feelings of lust and frustration from not feeling fulfilled or satisfied emotionally, and that is how one knows it is not right to pursue it.

People in the Spirit constantly play with having multiple intimate partners. But each have to get along with one another and the dominant personality, be it masculine or feminine, must be able to adequately love each genuinely in Radiance, or the group marriage will fall apart.

Most people are not spiritually focused and therefore cannot pull it off without regressing from uniting with and furthering lusty energies.

You will find that there are successful polyamorous relationships in the Higher Realms and beyond, starting in the Sixth Plane.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyboy211
If a spirit has been reincarnated on Earth several times, where with each or most of those lifetimes they have had numerous children and partners. How is this reconciled when the spirit passes over to the spirit realm? I.e. you die and enter the light where you are greeted by your spouse, but what about the others you would've had in your past lives? Can this make things awkward? Even in the spirit realm!

Also what about inidviduals who have married twice or more and had two lifelong partners. How is this reconciled in the spirit realm?

Well, what, you expect all of your spouses and children to be waiting for you? It's not like you build up a collection of lovers who wait for you after they die, anxious to give you some pre-reincarnation nookie. They also get reincarnated. The spirits of specific people may linger for a time, but eventually, they also move on.

They are not possessions, they are people too. What happens in this life is just a phase. Just think, in your life, you may have loved, and moved on from many people. Think of lifetimes, and the period between as seasons. You may love someone for awhile, but then you change and move on, and so do they. In certain circumstances you will encounter the same person over and over again.

Between lifetimes, people are "generally" more aware of the flow of things, and how this works. There may be some mild awkward feelings if an old ex of yours shows up, when you're with your current squeeze. The same as in real life.

Right now I am looking for the words to express the "freedom" so to speak. People in this world, even if they believe in an afterlife, or reincarnation, often think of life as a singular unit. In other words, one lover, one true love, etc etc. It's tied with your personality/identity, and all of this. When you look at the big picture, you realize there are many who can meet your needs at various levels and to varying degrees. The sense of possession that we have in life is faded. We tend to think of things and people as property. In truth, we really have very little control over these things, as they are also entities, fulfilling their role, whatever that might be at the time.

It is hard for us to accept that those we love can and will move on from us. In terms of eternity, the concept of soul mate loses it's common meaning. The momentary relationships we have with this person or that are subject to change.

I hope my interpretation made it through, and what I am trying to convey is clear.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
i always thought that was why they had the "till death do us part" line in the marriage vows, otherwise it would have gotten awkward several reincarnations later

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   
If you love 1 person so much, why would you want to get remarried? If I meet a partner in my life and marry and she would leave before I would then I would simply honor her and cherish my memory of her and go do something else.

In my personal case I follow the example of the swan, if she would come to pass I would remain alone (I know she would still "be around" in a way and I could still communicate with her).

new topics

top topics

join