It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharon ordered it: Ethnic cleansing in Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   

PM: I gave order to plan evacuation of 17 Gaza settlements

The United States on Monday welcomed Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's statement to Haaretz that he has given orders to plan for the removal of 17 settlements in the Gaza Strip.

White House spokesman Scott McClellan said it was "encouraging that Israel is considering bold steps to reduce tensions between Israelis and Palestinians."

In an interview earlier Monday with Haaretz columnist Yoel Marcus, Sharon said, "I have given an order to plan for the evacuation of 17 settlements in the Gaza Strip." (The full interview with Sharon will appear Tuesday in Haaretz.)

www.haaretz.com...

I keep hearing how Ariel Sharon is planning ethnic cleansing in the disputed territories, but I always dismissed it as nonsense.

Well, I was wrong. Here it is, he's doing it. Today in the Gaza Strip, can the West Bank be far behind?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
This is a very strange move, I think. And I wouldn't call it ethnic clensing. Those are illegal setlements anyway, they do not belong there.

Sharon either wants to move the Jews out of there before he nukes the place, or he is under pressure to finaly end the illegal building of settlements ( the main cause of tensions).

I have to say that after 50 years of wars in that region, this might be the only solution, to fuly separate the two parties, build a wall, and let them decide what they want then. In that case it would be possible to finaly form a palestinian goverment, working infrastructure and make them take responsibility for their actions and lifes. I am sure that once a palestinian state is established the suicide bombings will stop. Contrary to mass media false informations and manipulation of truth, not all palestinians want a destruction of state of Israel. What they want is their own state in West Bank, and not to be forced to live in detention camps in "jewish state" under a religious symbol of another religious group.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Whatever the reason, it certainly seems a strange turn of events.

It seems very hard to deduce that Ariel Sharon has suddenyl come over all "lets work things out".

This was the former hard man of Israel who was elected under the premise of being ruthless with the Palenstinians.

I am quite worried about this last decision - it flies in the face of his track record and thus, I am suspicious!

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   
As Peres said according to the Road Map this only has to be "planned".Personally,I don't expect Sharon to implement this.It's only window dressing.

And removing illegal squatters is not ethnic cleansing.Suggesting it is is an insult to those that have been ethnically cleansed in the past including European Jews,Turkish Kurds,Bosnian Muslims and Palestinians.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shaitan
Whatever the reason, it certainly seems a strange turn of events.

It seems very hard to deduce that Ariel Sharon has suddenyl come over all "lets work things out".

This was the former hard man of Israel who was elected under the premise of being ruthless with the Palenstinians.

I am quite worried about this last decision - it flies in the face of his track record and thus, I am suspicious!

Ive been reading about Ariel Sharon and I think he gets a bad rap. He is an old-time warrior and a hard-liner, but not nearly to the extent that he is vilified. His critics would accuse him of vampirism and Satan worship if they thought they could get away with it.

To those that disagree that this is ethnic cleansing: What do you call it when you remove all the people of one ethnicity from a region? Some of these people have lived there for three generations now.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I don't know something called International Principles. I vow that I'll burn every Palestinian child (that) will be born in this area. The Palestinian woman and child is more dangerous than the man, because the Palestinian childs existence infers that generations will go on, but the man causes limited danger. I vow that if I was just an Israeli civilian and I met a Palestinian I would burn him and I would make him suffer before killing him. With one hit I've killed 750 Palestinians (in Rafah in 1956). I wanted to encourage my soldiers by raping Arabic girls as the Palestinian women is a slave for Jews, and we do whatever we want to her and nobody tells us what we shall do but we tell others what they shall do. (Ariel Sharon, current Prime Minister, In an interview with General Ouze Merham, 1956)

Uhhhh! Yep!! The guy sure gets a bad rap.

*where is the sarcasm smilie is this it?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Sharon is an asshole.

Barak was not. But Arafat still gave him the shaft, after a very generous offer. And lookie, Sharon got elected.

If you want to see the Arabs go apoplectic, ask them this:
Is it axiomatic that the future state of Palestine must be Jew-free?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
A few issues to address:

1) mbkennel, perhaps if Arafat had not given Barak and his offer (a very generous one) the shaft, the people of Israel would not have elected Sharon in the first place. Sharon was elected because the people of Israel had enough of the bull#. No progress was being made as a result of Israel's concessions and offers so the option that was appealing to the people was to elect a "hardliner" instead. Had Arafat accepted the Barak offer this would never have been necessary would it?

2) also to mbkennel, I believe that it has been made clear over a period of many years that a palestinian state would be lacking any jews. One only needs to look at the neighboring states and see how the Jews there have been treated. Is it a shock to you that communities of 50,000 were reduced to 50 after the formation of Israel because the people finally had someplace to RUN? Should we expect any different now? The way I (and most people who've ever been to Israel) see it is that if the Palestinian state was to include Jerusalem the jews would be removed from the city and their Wall would be torn down.

3) JB1, I find that you will not be satisfied by anything Sharon or the Israeli government does. That is a pity. If they say they're going to unilaterally withdraw and build a seperation you go nuts and consider it fact although it's a PLAN. Now when the PLAN is something that would be helpful (dismantling settlements) it's just a plan. Try an even handed approach to things, it's more befitting of someone like you whom i consider intelligent.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The SECOND Sharon is out of office, he's up for prosecution for War Crimes, maybe he's trying to shorten his imminent sentence.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
I don't know something called International Principles. I vow that I'll burn every Palestinian child (that) will be born in this area. The Palestinian woman and child is more dangerous than the man, because the Palestinian childs existence infers that generations will go on, but the man causes limited danger. I vow that if I was just an Israeli civilian and I met a Palestinian I would burn him and I would make him suffer before killing him. With one hit I've killed 750 Palestinians (in Rafah in 1956). I wanted to encourage my soldiers by raping Arabic girls as the Palestinian women is a slave for Jews, and we do whatever we want to her and nobody tells us what we shall do but we tell others what they shall do. (Ariel Sharon, current Prime Minister, In an interview with General Ouze Merham, 1956)

Uhhhh! Yep!! The guy sure gets a bad rap.

*where is the sarcasm smilie is this it?

As I said, Ive been reading about Ariel Sharon, and one of the things Ive learned is that these specific quotes you attribute to him were faked, they were not said by him.

Further, I know that you John Bull 1 participated in the thread where I and others provided proof that these quotes were faked. Which means that right now either you are spreading revisionist history that you know to be false, or you are so unconcerned with the truth that you dont even bother to read what doesnt already conform to your prejudiced thinking.

Either way you can be dismissed, John Bull 1.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Well,I wouldn't go dismissing me quite so quickly.

It can't be that hard for you to "prove" that the above quote is a fake again.

Frankly,I didn't see your proof last time.I got bored.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
And the reason you won't just look it up yourself is...?

top topics

join