It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jordan asked Nixon to attack Syria, declassified papers show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Jordan asked Nixon to attack Syria, declassified papers show

www.cnn.com

Jordan's King Hussein sent a secret message to President Richard Nixon in 1970 pleading with him to attack Syria, according to declassified documents released Wednesday by the former president's library.
The Nixon White House also was adjusting to Israel's acquisition of a nuclear weapon. "We are declassifying the records today that laid the basis for Richard Nixon's decision in 1969 to accept the fact, a fact of life, that Israel had a bomb, a nuclear device," said Naftali.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
It will be interesting to find out what else is in the rest of the released documents.
What did catch my attention in the article though, is the referal to Israel's nuclear weapon's program. I know we all know that Israel has nukes. right? That's no surprise to any of us. However this is the first time I am aware of, any documentation or admitance to the alleged fact.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
King Hussein knew Syria was planing an attack on Israel and thats why he wanted us to attack Syria. Hussein said on his death bed that the worst thing he ever did was attack Israel with Syria and Egypt. I think Hussein must have got a visit from God or an angel punishing him for that and maybe that lead to his turn around and making peace with Israel. Just a theory.

join