It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Clinton EXECUTIVE ORDER 13112

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2002 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I'm not sure, correct me if im wrong but i think that this really doesnt refer to, or even allude to extraterrestrials in any way. The aliens it refers to are defined as any species, including its seeds, eggs, spores, or other biological material capable of propagating that species, that is not native to that ecosystem.

While this does include extraterrestrials, it was not created to deal with them, instead it was meant to deal with species such as the gypsy moth or Chinese Snakehead fish. The government order that refers to extraterrestrials is Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, whitch prohibits extraterrestrial contact. this law is outdated and refered to bacteria and was created by a government ignorant of what lay beyond earth.

But please, correct me if im wrong

XAOS

posted on Dec, 10 2002 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Quite right on the main points here, Dear xaos.
The legislation claimed to have such things as "killer bees" or particularly belligerent ants in mind when Clinton signed the order (this was towards the end of his glorious reign when he was more-or-less governing by decree); and it caused great concern because it did not appear to put any limit upon what "control" might mean in terms of the powers granted to Federal Agencies.
It was essentially a follow-up to the splendidly named "Exotic Organisms" act of Carter.
The weakness of the legislation was, of course, that no one actually got round to defining "domestic" which ratehr left "alien" as a totally meaningless label.
The "ET" law was a reality -very old, back in 1969 before the Moon landing and it has become a sort of urban legend.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Just to clarify, i thought i'd publish the definitions from the original document.

Section 6. Judicial Review and Administration

Section 1. Definitions.

(a) "Alien species" means, with respect to a particular ecosystem, any species, including its seeds, eggs, spores, or other biological material capable of propagating that species, that is not native to that ecosystem.

(b) "Control" means, as appropriate, eradicating, suppressing, reducing, or managing invasive species populations, preventing spread of invasive species from areas where they are present, and taking steps such as restoration of native species and habitats to reduce the effects of invasive species and to prevent further invasions.

(c) "Ecosystem" means the complex of a community of organisms and its environment.

(d) "Federal agency" means an executive department or agency, but does not include independent establishments as defined by 5 U.S.C. 104.

(e) "Introduction" means the intentional or unintentional escape, release, dissemination, or placement of a species into an ecosystem as a result of human activity.

(f) "Invasive species" means an alien species whose introduction does or is likely to cause economic or environmental harm or harm to human health.

(g) "Native species" means, with respect to a particular ecosystem, a species that, other than as a result of an introduction, historically occurred or currently occurs in that ecosystem.

(h) "Species" means a group of organisms all of which have a high degree of physical and genetic similarity, generally interbreed only among themselves, and show persistent differences from members of allied groups of organisms.

(i) "Stakeholders" means, but is not limited to, State, tribal, and local government agencies, academic institutions, the scientific community, nongovernmental entities including environmental, agricultural, and conservation organizations, trade groups, commercial interests, and private landowners.

(j) "United States" means the 50 States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, and all possessions, territories, and the territorial sea of the United States.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Hey man this is the US Govt. what can you expect...ignorance...of course.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 11:03 PM
link   
in the FWIW department, there is no 14 CFR section 1211.

It is reserved. so whatever reg once existed has been repealed,

www.access.gpo.gov...

new topics

top topics

join