It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

{Gun Control} Number of mental health patients barred doubles since Va. Tech shootings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

WASHINGTON - The number of people barred from buying guns because of mental health problems has more than doubled since the Virginia Tech shootings earlier this year, the Justice Department said Thursday.

The number of people identified in the database as having mental problems grew from 174,863 three months after the April 16 Virginia Tech shootings to 393,957 this month.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Do these numbers sound a little odd to anyone else or is it just me??

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Isn't it amazing-

First prescribe SSRIs to as many people as possible,children included.
Then when people start doing exactly what the side effects say on the drugs-confiscate their guns.
Those interested in conspiracies may start to see a pattern here.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The conspiracy I see with the banning of guns from mental health patients is to control any soldier coming back from Iraq so they could not get hands on guns.

Almost every solider that has been in Iraq can be tagged with mental disorders.

Now this is a conspiracy, somebody doesn't want trained ex military militias forming in the US.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
There's no conspiracy. It's plain as day. Back door to disarming the nation.

What's that? You took ritalin as a kid for a few months? No guns for you!

You served our country in wartime? Well thank you for your service. No guns for you!

You were caught speeding and a "social worker" said it was due to road rage? No guns for you!

You are a poster on ATS? Well, we certainly wouldn't want a kook like you in possession of a firearm now would we?

We've got this crap, the SC ruling on the 2nd Amendment (as if there's any question?) the "treaty of the sea" the unionization of the continent...

There are plenty of plans lined up back to back that will disarm us.
It's time to call your local PD and report a few stolen arms then hide them away somewhere with plenty of ammo if you haven't already. I expect door to door collection of registered firearms at least in urban areas within the next 3-5 years. Keep in mind all of the taxation, eminent domain and Ted Turner bulk land purchases going on that drive more and more people away from rural zones and into urban areas.

Good times.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Thats exactly what I think is happening.The situations whereby firearms can be confiscated are being engineered by the government.
This anti depressant phenomena is turning out to have some bonus side effects,no?
I mean not only does it mind control the now apathetic masses,reducing learning and knowledge,creating tripped out sheeple,it can also lead to back door gun banning,country wide.

Was that the plan all along I wonder?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
funny that the mentionantidepressants brings me memories, remember when the government wanted to test every household for mental disorders/

Now I ge the point thank you very much, how stupid our nation has become when it comes to its citizens and the take over of constitutional rights.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Its amazing what they can do to you went you are classed as having a "mental" problem.
My friend here in the UK had depression,got put on SSRIs went completely loco(because of the drugs IMO)and ended up being locked in a secure hospital.
Now he can't get any insurance cover/mortgage/job/house from anyone,and is totally screwed for life.
All because they whacked him on Seroxat (is that paxil in the US?)just for a bit of depression,that if I had my way he would have got over with a week or two camping in the mountains with some decent food.
And for gods sake-whos bright idea was it to allow children to be given these drugs?

How to screw up society 101.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I was prescribed paxil because I went to the doctor with a stomach problems.

I had not clue that Paxil was an antidepressant until I decided to look in the internet and found out about it.

I never took any of the pills.

Funny how easily drugs are given to people for anything.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

OMG, that's insane. Paxil for a stomach ache?

Now it's forever in you medical records that you've been prescribed an anti-depressant whether you took them or not. You should gather up as much documentation related to that experience in case this prescription effects your future en devours.

That's enough to keep from ever seeing a doctor again.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I never saw it that way, he wasn't even a doctor but a practicioner, I never saw him again because he was there just for a few months.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
i don't find this surprising....
it seems that they actually looked in to who has mental problems after it because they were quite lazy about it before.

new topics

top topics

join