It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the benefit of falsifying Global Warming?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I don't know. For Global Warming Deniers, someone please help me (us) understand why the Government and Corporations want you to believe that the Earth is getting warmer. If it is not true, who benefits from making us think that it is true?

Only reason I can think of is making people spend money on energy saving equipment, but wouldn't that make the same people lose profits from oil?

Thanks

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Some religious groups seems to benifit from the believe that global warming is the divine history of the universe and we must all become one consiousness and stuff.
This could, and i say could, be a way of drawing more people to their belief system for whatever reason.

If the government claims polution is the main thing causing global warming, it could be a way to get us all to prepare for other types of fuels. After all arent they all talking about how we can't keep relying on oil?, more than they talk about the actual polution of oil?

I personally believe polution is a major cause for the greenhouse effect, but i also believe the energy from the sun has become stronger over the years. and since we cant control the sun, we can only try to get rid of polution.
As to the whole divine concept...I like the idea but i am somehow sceptical.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Here is the gist as posted by me in another thread:

That being said, I think a larger issue related to "Global Warming" is that it has co-opted natural resources (water, clean air, etc) as "commodities" to be traded or bought - i.e.: bottled water, carbon points. What crap. Worse yet, how will this be managed by potentially Fascist regimes in a world where corporations and governments are merging at break-neck speed? Hell, even George Bush is on board with the concept of "Global Warming". Why? Because there is big money in it.

All this will do is force middle and low income citizens of this planet to fork over more of their hard-earned money to corporations who will sell us resources that should be a birth right for every human being on Earth.

If you people do not see how this is Capitalism in its most vampire-ish form - then I don't know how to convince you.

Sorry, I don't have time to re-state my arguments for a new thread on an already covered topic - I'm busy waking people up! LOL! Just kidding, I really didn't know how to state it more plainly.

[edit on 29/11/07 by kosmicjack]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluess
Some religious groups seems to benifit from the believe that global warming is the divine history of the universe and we must all become one consiousness and stuff.
This could, and i say could, be a way of drawing more people to their belief system for whatever reason.

Blues, I don't view tis as a religious topic at all.. While I personally think the global warming bit is cyclical, I really don't see anyone benefiting from falsifying the data..

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Well if you were to see how much people donate to the "Global Warming" fund you would understand. over 15,000 scientists are signing a petition stating that global warming is a hoax. There is no evidence that humans are the cause for global warming. If you look at the history of the Earth you would see how Earths tempreture jumps up and down. The Earth goes through warm and cold periods.

If global warming were to "kick in" there would be an effect on the troposphere and scientists would be able to pick that up. There has not been any rash changes for the past 23 years, so why fight global warming now when we could have done it 23 years ago?

To reduce the Earths greenhouse gas emmisions done by humans would cost so much money and and it won't even do anything for the Earths climate. This would cause higher energy taxes, loss of many jobs and reduce the economic output.

The Bush adminstration is doing the best thing they can do, which is try not to spend money on Global warming, but instead spend it on the research. Science is more powerful then the word of a prophet!(Al Gore)

Al Gore is making over $100 million for this global warming scam. He is making so much money for the investors, that whatever he says turns into science. Well, Glenn Beck posted an interesting article from 1945-1968, where the scientists stated that the Earth was cooling down.

Here read for yourself!
Article

Enjoy your read.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

The Bush adminstration is doing the best thing they can do, which is try not to spend money on Global warming, but instead spend it on the research. Science is more powerful then the word of a prophet!(Al Gore)

Equinox, true.. and they are making headway... The Hybrids are amazing in my opinion.. They have self-charging batteries, et cetera..

[edit on 29-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I was going to post this in my thread Water Wars 2007 but since no one ever reads my crap (LOL! No, wait -that's true!) and for the sake of argument, I will post it here:

The Privatization of Water
www.nexusmagazine.com...

Experts predict that by the year 2025 our world will be suffering from the dramatic effects of hydrological poverty. There will be great disputes and even wars over water. "Failure to act could damage the planet irreversibly, unleashing a spiral of increased hunger, deprivation, disease and squalor."1

Thankfully, action has been taken--at the highest level--to avert this apocalyptic nightmare. By declaring water a commodity--an economic good, to be measured, apportioned and regulated by corporations--the tide of disaster will be stemmed. This momentous decision has been made for us by a handful of transnational corporations and members of the United Nations system of organisations. This self-appointed group have mandated themselves the custodians of the world's water resources. They concede that the full-cost pricing of water, for domestic, agricultural and industrial use, will be a painful adjustment for humanity. But they argue that this is a small price to pay for water security, for their guardianship of our most precious resource.

With the blessing of national governments, a vigorous and dynamic agenda to privatise the world's water supplies is being pursued. Traditional and indigenous rights are acknowledged, then cast aside. National sovereignty is affirmed, then eroded. Access to water--a God-given or a human right--is recognised, then suspended.

The old economy has been fueled by oil. The new economy will be fueled by hydrodollars. A globalised trade in water is being created and we, the people, are to become the consumers in this multitrillion-dollar market.

This article examines the unbelievable reductionist thinking, social ruthlessness, arrogant ignorance and alienating mindset of a group of elite planners and transnational corporations spearheading the drive to commodify our water.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
good topic, thought provoking to say the least

the benefit of falsying global warming could be used in the Elite's Problem , Reaction, Solution framework for implementing a more centralized global power and could be very well just one tool (among many being co-ordinated simultaniously ( financial chaos, war on terror, global warming etc,) to get the job done with the key to G.W being to get people to feel they are personally responsible . Falsifying Global warming could help ferment Change which would give them the leverage to take a way some freedoms under the pretext of "its for the betterment of the earth" and "we got the earth into this mess, so we now must make sacrifices to fix it" of course these changes will further perpetuate plans for world gov't (cent. power) create a self perpetuating system that rewards people that are indoctrinated and allow the rich to get richer.

First since the elite represent such a small minority it is imperative that they manipulate people's beleifs so that a majority *believe's there is a THREAT, so that a mass of people will * WILLINGLY * ask for something to be done. i.e for a solution to be proposed by the gov't. The solution is often the very thing the gov't would like to implement but first needs to create a problem the people willingly want fixed , otherwise w/o this problem the people would never go for the changes.

When a point is made to be "eager" blaming man for the climate change, it should be an eye opener because that is the key in getting people to agree to the changes ( solutions ) that are provided by gov'ts which often ask people to sacrifice various freedoms or luxurys ( and people become willing) because

1. the threat is marketed thru models to be SEVERE (magnified and exaggerated)
2. it is claimed to be humans who are responsible in the first place
3. people feel it is the right thing to do (based on manufactured evidence) and from social pressures

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2006/11/05/nosplit/nwarm05.xml

David Deming, a geoscientist at the University of Oklahoma, had written an article reconstructing 150 years of North American temperatures from borehole data. He later wrote: "With the publication of the article in Science, I gained significant credibility in the community of scientists working on climate change. They thought I was one of them, someone who would pervert science in the service of social and political causes. One of them let his guard down. A major person working in the area of climate change and global warming sent me an astonishing email that said: 'We have to get rid of the Medieval Warm Period.'

In 1991 the club of rome (the elite's supposed enviornmental think tank) authored the "first global revolution" who are they and what did they say?

www.care2.com...

a globalist think tank, we find the following statement: "In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill.... All these dangers are caused by human intervention...."

\Richard Haass, the current president of the Council on Foreign Relations, stated in his article "State sovereignty must be altered in globalized era," that a system of world government must be created and sovereignty eliminated in order to fight global warming, as well as terrorism. "Moreover, states must be prepared to cede some sovereignty to world bodies if the international system is to function," says Haass

i would also like to add that i believe many good natured enviornmentalists have been guilty of wanting to believe in man made global warming. Why? they know the challenge of gaining people's awareness and getting people to make changes to improve the enviornment is too big a battle to win w/o something as huge as G.W on their side.

i believe that is a valid point.

Also i am open to changing my position or strengthening it , in accordance with any well thought out opinions

I don't proclaim to know for sure, because no one really does either way, they just know what they believe and how strongly they do, but power corrupts and is addictive and the history of the world shows that corruption runs rampant in powerful cirles, even when the corporate sponsored media doesn't report self incriminating story's or perspective's, and many people have busy lives and have been brought up to believe the news is truth.
The media is corporate marketing, and more people come to this realization everyday.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

Excellent points. I would add only that we should, nevertheless, be good stewards of the Earth and make responsible decisions about our resources.

The mile wide island of plastic in the pacific and rampant de-forestation across the globe are both clear evidence that we are taking our natural resources for granted.

However, I do believe that turning natural resources into money-making schemes for the power elite is definitely the name of the game.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Another take on it and an excellent read:

intelstrike.com...

Excerpt:

The push towards a global carbon credit mechanism continues to be one of the top agendas of the world elite. Despite the fact that numerous scientific studies have concluded that the entire solar system is getting warmer as part of a natural cycle, non-stop propaganda from the major corporate news networks continue to blame man made carbon emissions for planetary warming. In addition, the establishment media pushes unfounded claims that global warming will result in a myriad of environmental disasters. Despite the fact that man made global warming is a complete fraud, the world elite are selling fear as a way for them to bring in a world carbon credit enslavement system. This carbon credit system will be used as a funding mechanism to consolidate wealth into the hands of the big global corporations and to potentially fund regional and global governmental institutions.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

Kosmic Jack and Cdpaman, Great posts.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The Nation, one of the most seriously left-wing, commie rags on the planet, ran a very enlightening series of articles on the subject a while back. They stated the argument about as clearly as anybody, including Al Gore's role as a mouthpiece for Big Oil. Check it out here:

www.thenation.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Wow, a powerful and accurate analogy, I wish I could read the entire article - it's subscription only but this excerpt draws a clear picture of the hypocracy and fraud:

www.thenation.com...

In a couple of hundred years historians will be comparing the frenzies over our supposed human contribution to global warming to the tumults at the latter end of the tenth century as the Christian millennium approached. Then as now, the doomsters identified human sinfulness as the propulsive factor in the planet's rapid downward slide. Then as now, a buoyant market throve on fear. The Roman Catholic Church sold indulgences like checks. The sinners established a line of credit against bad behavior and could go on sinning. Today a world market in "carbon credits" is in formation. Those whose "carbon footprint" is small can sell their surplus carbon credits to others less virtuous than themselves.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The benefit is getting tax dollars for your organization, and the more alarmism you can foment, the more "research" money you can get.
Of course you can offset your carbon footprint, so you can maintain an oppulent lifestyle, guilt free, while telling others how they should live their lives.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

Governments could benefit by implementing a carbon tax.

As for corporations it would depend on which industry they are in as to whether or not they benefit from global warming.

I dont see the big oil companies lining up to support global warming theories.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Rockefellers, et al want to convince China that they must use nuclear power rather than coal, otherwise their coal power plants are going to kill everyone on earth, not sparing the Chinese.

They want to loan China enough money to build these nuclear power plants (at interest, of course) to put China into debt to the bankers, and prevent them from using their own local coal supplies. In essence, place an economic noose around them and move them in a direction away from self-reliance.

The idea won't sell if China realizes that global warming is mostly a hoax.

The carbon tax is another economic tool they had planned to use in order to curb economic and population growth around the planet. These maniacs aren't content being the richest people on earth; they also want to DENY nature's gifts to everybody else.

Again, it comes down to the same thing: people with insatiable greed have, over generations, accumulated so much wealth that they now have the means to influence the very fabric of society. They exert this influence with one simple goal, and that is to gather up everything in creation for themselves leaving nothing for us all.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by dionysius9]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Don't forget your lovely Taxes.

I personally believe global warming is B.S. Sure...the ice caps are melting but the world changes you know?

Ever heard of the ice age? Why aren't we there now.

I'm sure there's PLENTY more advantages to claiming global warming exists.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Kosmic jack very good post, the carbon credit system IS very much central in their agenda

Nohup that is a eye-opening analogy, the thing is by studying patterns in history that the PTB have used *and what worked for them* is a good way to figure out what they are doing today because history repeats itself (when gov'ts find a technique that works)

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   
there is no benefit.

a carbon credits scheme benefits the rich?lmao

how has this gotten so turned around that ppl are now claiming a conspiracy on the part of the scientists saying that this is a real threat?

so we need to invest in clean energy,boo fu**ing hoo,who could possibly benefit from cheaper cleaner energy..ffs use your grey matter..yes that's right,it's me and you.

oh no,we won't have to send the troops into oil rich regions and blow them up,we won't have to invest so heavily in defence(offence) to maintain our society

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Money, control and power, thats all I can think of.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join