It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Canada)'Beer fridges' present a gassy problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

(Canada)'Beer fridges' present a gassy problem

environment.newscientist.com

Getting rid of vintage “beer fridges” – secondary fridges which many North American and Australian homes boast – could have a significant impact on household greenhouse gas emissions, suggests a new study.

Beer fridges are additional fridges that are generally used to keep beer and other drinks cold on top of a household’s primary fridge for food. One in three Canadian households has a second fridge, many of which are ageing, energy-guzzling models, according to Denise Young, a researcher at the University of Alberta, Canada.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com
www.foxnews.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Global Warming And How We Can Stop It...

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Get ready, Canadians, first it was your guns, now it's your beer friges! And you weren't sure the effects of global warming were real! lol! They will be out on the streets trying to buy back your old beer friges soon!

environment.newscientist.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It's actually a good idea:

The Great Refridgerator Roundup

That old, inefficient second fridge of yours is wasting up to $150 per year in electricity. Book an appointment today and we will come pick it up for FREE – we will even haul it out of your basement for you. Then we will take care of it in an environmentally responsible manner. When we are finished recycling and reclaiming material, all that’s left for the landfill will just about fit inside a cowboy hat!

Used it ourselves.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
They'll have to pry my beer fridge out of my cold dead hands!

Ok all kidding aside, I dont actually have a beer fridge, i keep my brews in the regular fridge and I see no reason to keep an old fridge just to put beer in it.

new topics

top topics

join