It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pipeline Blaze sparks higher Gas prices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Pipeline Blaze sparks higher Gas prices

news.bbc.co.uk

Oil prices have jumped after a fire shut down the main pipeline delivering Canadian crude oil to refineries in the US Midwest.
The blaze near Enbridge's Clearbrook oil terminal in Minnesota killed two employees, with local officials saying it could burn for three days.

Pipelines from Canada carry about 1.9 million barrels of oil per day and the closure has hit 20% of US oil imports.

A barrel of New York light crude oil rose $3.77, or 4.2%, to $94.39.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This is terrible news as we . into the coldest part of the year with the Holidays upon us, this will be a devastating blow to our already inflated gas prices.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I'd beg to suggest it's slightly worse news for the two employees concerned ...

And if you think gas prices in the US are high, please note the UK is currently riding at about $2.15 ... per litre. Must be about $9/$10 per gallon. Ouch !

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I thought also about the 2 lives that were taken and the countless lives that will affect. It is a tragedy for sure. Thanks for your thoughtful reply.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Why is it that everytime I hear a story like this, the word "intentional" is the first word which enters my consciousness?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
"Intentional", me too... I suppose we just have a suspicious mind. Sadly though we are probably right the majority of the time.

I was very surprised to hear today that the barrels went down to 88. something? I just wonder how high it will rise after this. It seems nothing can be taken at face value when dealing with the big oil tycoons and their plans for the future of price increase. I would guess it is a ploy to keep consumer spending at optimum during the Holidays. Most of the companies are in the import business as well. They most certainly profit when spending is at its peak. You watch after the Holidays. Now, what is interesting is that with the up coming elections, I'll be curious to see what is going to happen to encourage all the short term memories at the polls. Is it possible that the final grab for the riches has past? Doubtful, but the window for it will soon pass. If the prices do go to an all time high after the new year, it will only last a short time.

top topics

join