It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick and Tired!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Im Sick and Tired of these Negative toned predictions.
Lets have some positive outlook for the future!

I predict that the people will rise up against the ignorance that is plauging this earth and realize that society needs to change for the better.

I feel as if society is one big child waiting to hit " puberty ", whats wrong with us?

I predict that 15-20 years from now we will stop watching this nonsense on telvision regarding celeberties personal lives, and start caring about worldy affairs!

I predict that Children will be able to go to school, eat, and be clothed in every 3rd world country just the same as they do here in our " civilized modern societies ".

None of this Homosexuality bashing, men and women will be given equal rights and oportunities. Education will be the forfront of society.

No country will be allowed to assemble any sort of weapons of mass destruction, America be the first to stop and assimilate.

I predict that we will begin to see each other in a positive light, and judge one another based on thier thoughts and actions.

I could go on forever, but I would just be venting

Please add some positive predictions you wish to share

Deep

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
ZeroD,

you are so right man!

here are some of my positive predictions for the future:

1. Computers will cost less in two years than they do today!
2. Janet Jackson did not have silicone implants!
3. George Bush will work on his golf game and let Condi Rice run the white house this term.
4. ATS will become a democracy!
5. Rock and Roll is here to stay!
6. The US will take all of China and India's jobs!
7. Aliens will contact us to say that they were screwing with our heads and they really really like us!
8. Oil will drop to $10 a barrel! but by then all cars will be electric due to ecologists whining.
9. Pot will be legalized but will still cost the same and be half as good.
10. It will be proven that junk food is actually okay but that the problem causing obesity is laying on your butt every night watching TV! bummer!

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I predict the world will continue business as usual. People will fall in love, babies will be born, nations will fight wars, people will lie and cheat and steal and murder, great art will be created, crappy art will be created, new ideas will come and go, we'll learn more about the universe than we ever imagined, and new technology will be created that will make killing eachother that much easier.

And kittens will the fuzzy.

And it's good enough for me.

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by Esoterica]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
I predict the world will continue business as usual. People will fall in love, babies will be born, nations will fight wars, people will lie and cheat and steal and murder, great art will be created, crappy art will be created, new ideas will come and go, we'll learn more about the universe than we ever imagined, and new technology will be created that will make killing eachother that much easier.

Very positive prediction

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
4. ATS will become a democracy!

Exactly.

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by surfup]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Im Sick and Tired of these Negative toned predictions.
Lets have some positive outlook for the future!

Sorry Deep, with people dying from wars, suicide bombers, starvation and with men like Bush in power, I can't have a positive outlook for the future.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Sorry Deep, with people dying from wars, suicide bombers, starvation and with men like Bush in power, I can't have a positive outlook for the future.

Well its positive thinking that equates to persons yearning for a positive world.

Though this may seem like escapism, I think its well needed. I have shared some of my ideas that I would like to see implemented in the future, thats all Im asking for.

Deep

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Though this may seem like escapism, I think its well needed. I have shared some of my ideas that I would like to see implemented in the future, thats all Im asking for.

"escapism" Does that even exist or did you make that up right now?

Let's, I would want to see

1. No Nukes
2. First stop people from dying of unnatural causes like starvation or murder.
3. Then use only the extra money to explore space.
4. And all areas of science.
5. Education for all.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Where is the Optimistic crowd here?

Escapism,
habitual diversion of the mind to purely imaginative activity or entertainment as an escape from reality or routine.

Deep

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Where is the Optimistic crowd here?

Escapism,
habitual diversion of the mind to purely imaginative activity or entertainment as an escape from reality or routine.

Wow...you can create a word and give it a dictionary explanation all in one day.

I am optimistic, but not when it comes to my life though.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Wow...you can create a word and give it a dictionary explanation all in one day.

I never created it.

The other day a freind of mine was stating that the war in iraq, or the fact that children die every day of starvation makes little or no impact in her life.

This sort of attitude needs to change, its childish.

Deep

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   

I never created it.

Are you like one of those painters who say that they never created the painting, but painting flowed to them?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Escapism,
www.m-w.com...

Try to stay on topic please.

Deep

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
No nukes
No Biological Weapons
Genetic theropy for every disease and virus infection
Less scorched Earth
More trees
More "green" spaces
Automated Transit in heavy population centers
Free energy finally released to the public sector
100 year batteries
100% electronic commerce
Legal Cannabis
Terra Forming for land recovery in desolate areas
Elimination of all "space junk" that us humans have put into orbit or left there because it was not "cost effective" to remove
Mandatory self education
World Govermental Body, with each country equally represented by senators. And leaders elected by the entire population of the planet.
Mandatory people indentification number to include your country of origin.
World Wide Open Border Policy
Pay by PIN (people id number) and credits paid to your country of origin regardless of what country you are working in.
World Wide Credit System (the removal of all national currencies)
Personal daily data capture device that records all events during the day, downloads to the Central Library every night when you go to sleep and updates to the library every time you pass an access point in the event of your demise prior to bed time. Would use advanced RFID technology to absorb the details of every object you came in contact with during the day, including other people, objects, buildings etc.
Centralized Library of All Knowledge- (every piece of data that is created gets stored in every language accessible by every human)
Immediate Execution of Murderers if convicted (must have credible wintnesses, motive beyond a reasonable doubt and realtime data from the crime scene)

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I would like to say that marijuana will become legal.

but's that's just my wishful thinking.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
robertfenix,

Wow, thats quite the list. Im impressed, I agree with all of it.

I dont Smoke the " Buddha ", so makes no difference to me.

Deep

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

6. The US will take all of China and India's jobs!

TheNeo,

What exactly do you mean by this?

Deep

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

right on, man

especially about the kittens part

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

I never created it.

Are you like one of those painters who say that they never created the painting, but painting flowed to them?

3 entries found for Escapism
dictionary.reference.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm
3 entries found for Escapism
dictionary.reference.com...

I was joking, just trying to make "sick and tired ZeroDeep" to laugh a little bit and see the better things of life.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join