It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can We have Mod elections?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamrebel
Whats the deal with that 14 inch piece of salami on Nerdlings avitar?

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by dreamrebel]

Third leg. You know....like Artoo Detoo. It's retractable too.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Personally I see benefit in some form of rotating Mod System...but only Mods, NOT SuperMods...have to keep my own position secure ya know

But seriously...I think some rotating 'service' as a Mod, for specific forums of interest, would help the wider ATS Community gain a deeper understanding of how the board operates, what is and isn't acceptable, and would also give people an insight into what its like to be a Mod...including dealing with the flak you receive from Moderation Decisions...perhaps people would then be less inclined to see us Mods as the bad-guys sometimes.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien
But seriously...I think some rotating 'service' as a Mod, for specific forums of interest, would help the wider ATS Community gain a deeper understanding of how the board operates, what is and isn't acceptable, and would also give people an insight into what its like to be a Mod...including dealing with the flak you receive from Moderation Decisions...perhaps people would then be less inclined to see us Mods as the bad-guys sometimes.

Rather than that...a rotating ModAss program. That would be for the community to get a chance to see what it's like and the crap they deal with. Not a full Mod, but a ModAss.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Personally I see benefit in some form of rotating Mod System...but only Mods, NOT SuperMods...have to keep my own position secure ya know

Maybe you can put my idea to work...you are the supermod. Aren't you?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
What infinite pleasure you all see in becoming moderator?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Well most of the pleasure of being a mod is gone now that I have complete control of the fridge!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kronos

I know this, the pleasure of becoming a moderator is more than the pleasure of becoming a member.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I demand representation! Moderation without representation is unconstitutional.

Just kidding, it's true that Simon owns the site. Just click the link and type the code for proof.

LINK

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I do like the idea of a Mod election. I do not think people should have to spend points to vote though. You should have to have been a member for a certain ammount of time and made a certain ammount of posts though. A new member shouldnt be allowed to vote because they do not know which person would be the best person.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Alien, I doubt anyone around here thinks you are a bad guy.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

Originally posted by Kronos

I know this, the pleasure of becoming a moderator is more than the pleasure of becoming a member.

Sorry surfup, please don't think I am directly pointing you out, I am merely interested in what you said......

I think that what you mentioned may be true for most, but some may do as I did and hesitate and ponder "worthiness". Being a Mod is not all "glitz and glamour" as many may think. Sure, it has its perks, but it requires the serious ability to be "objective", to think and view opinions objectively, and that is not so easy a task. Then, when you do make a objective call, you get u2u's from those who are not pleased with your objectiveness....."power trip hype and all".

To be perfectly honest, I never envisioned a mod's job as hard but I have to say that I was wrong. It's harder than some think or give it credit for. All-in-all, being a mod is not about the title or the limited power, but about those around us, the ATS community and how it interacts within itself; about those we 'touch', be it through correction or lending a helping hand/advice. It is not about self but certainly about selflessness and objective fairness. In this, some will accept and some will not but "pleasure" is certainly subjective versus objective.

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
How bout no mods period and we have self representation?

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I do not like that idea. Not everyone can be trusted with ip's and other information like that.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracer
How bout no mods period and we have self representation?

Like communism. Huh?

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
If it ain't broken don't fix it. Only been here for just over a month, but it's working. When I first started looking in there was 3600 members, now almost 5000. $hit I bet any political party in the world would love that type of increase. Also as been pointed out Mod work is just that work. I don't know whether it's worth it to take on those responsibilities and miss the board. Hats off to the Mod's.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I don't know whether it's worth it to take on those responsibilities and miss the board. Hats off to the Mod's.

If every one of us says that, then there will no mods, therfore no ATS.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I say we just leave all the mods alone, thier doing a hell of a job as it is.

Deep

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join