It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do u think Aliens have Homosexuals in their race?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Now dont jump on me for this, but I have a legitimate question concerning this topic..it extends to the 'EMOTIONS' of love..feelings..assuming the consciousness we are all privy to is universal? And assuming they have genders..do u think there is reason to expect homosexuality among aliens..and if so what does that do about our own beliefs that its 'wrong'

Addtionally, I believe (cant remember) they found homosexuality in animals/mammals like Dolphins..so it seems to be a common thing possibly across the stars?

[edit on 29-11-2007 by jainatorres]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It's hard to answer that without knowing aliens exist. All we got to work with is our race. And humans do have homosexuals in their race. But to be hypothetical I'd say that aliens if real and are highly advanced would no longer need physical sex. Maybe they can do it all in their minds. Male or female, what's it matter in the mind? That's just an hypothetical opinion.

[edit on 11/29/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I always kinda thought that if they exist, that they'd be somewhat Asexual and not gendered like we are.

Of course that could present the argument that if they are a partnering species of all the same sex or combination of sexes, then that could be considered homosexual.

my .02....

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
If you assume aliens are more intelligent than humans & if you accept that homosexuals have a higher mean IQ than heterosexuals then I reckon aliens are more likely to be gay than straight.

But they don't appear to have any ... bits, you know ? If they have sex at all it's not in the same way we do. Maybe they express their sexuality through the medium of cattle mutilation or something.

I can't believe I just writ the above rubbish. But one more post and I'm into chat ... w00t !

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
considering all the tales of "anal probes" that have surfaced in regards to abductions by aliens ...my vote is:

YES !

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Love is Love and really has nothing to do with sex. If two people who happen to be the same sex fall in love and make each other happy, it's none of my business what they do in the bedroom. So, to answer your question about aliens being homesexual? If they have the capacity to even feel love and emotions, what they do in the bedroom is thier business, too! I'd rather not know the details, by the way!

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jainatorres
and if so what does that do about our own beliefs that its 'wrong'

I'm not sure we hold any belief that it's 'wrong'.
I've heard that a few knuckle draggers and religious zealots like to espouse their prejudicial opinions on others concerning what one can and can't do in their bedrooms, but enlightened people don't worry about such things.

If you think of the variety of sex that all the multitude of species on this planet engage in, I think it would be safe to extrapolate that to possible species that might exist on other worlds.

And yeah, that whole anal probe fixation they seem to have, totally gay.......

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
no as aliens aren't real.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
it would depend...
i mean..
we have no idea what the genetic makeup of these species is.
for all we know, there are species with more than 2 genders... or some that only have 1 yet somehow sexually reproduce as a species of homosexuals

it's an impossible to answer question.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
if aliens exist, then we are aliens to them, which means that there are gay alien races, we are them.......also if animals can be gay, it just proves that 'gayness' is not just a human thing....

eg youtube.com...

Male Bottlenose Dolphins often form lifelong pair-bonds with each other. Adolescent and younger males typically live in all-male groups in which homosexual activity is common; within these groups, a male begins to develop a strong bond with a particular partner (usually of the same age) with whom he will spend the rest of his life. The two Dolphins become constant companions, often traveling widely; although sexual activity probably declines as they get older, it may continue to be a regular feature of such partnerships. Paired males sometimes take turns guarding or remaining vigilant while their partner rests. They also defend their mates against predators such as sharks and protect them while they are healing from wounds inflicted during preclators' attacks. Sometimes three males form a tightly bonded trio. On the death of his partner, a male may spend a long time searching for a new male companion—usually unsuccessfully, since most other males in the community are already paired and will not break their bonds. If, however, he can find another "widower" whose male partner has died, the two may become a couple...

The lives of male Bottlenose Dolphins are characterized by extensive bisexuality, combined with periods of exclusive homosexuality. As adolescents and young males, they have regular homosexual interactions in all-male groups, sometimes alternating with heterosexual activity. From age 10 onward, most male Dolphins form pair-bonds with another male, and because they do not usually father calves until they are 20-25 years old, this can be an extended period—10-15 years—of principally same-sex interaction. Later, when they begin mating heterosexually, they still retain their primary male pair-bonds, and in some populations male pairs and trios cooperate in herding females or in interacting homosexually with Spotted Dolphins.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   

christ this place is getting stupid. Gay aliens? How about a gay tree? Or a gay waterfall? Can I sell you a gay pet rock? Aliens are most likely androgynous, if you actually knew ANYTHING about a life besides your own you'd realize that. I'm not gay bashing in any way, we're all equal, but this sort of discussion just cheapens the whole site in many ways. The only people who bother to reply are people just wanting to blurt out something dumb, either about aliens not existing, gay people not existing, or gay aliens taking over the planet. People make me sick.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Well, yes some of it was that.

I suppose gay aliens are likely, first off, I don't think every single alien in the universe has visited, left a call mark, and had themselves documented, so saying that they are all whatever is taking to much for granted. Some people who are homosexual have a slight difference in their brain makeup, so it's possible that a different race of beings could have something simaler makeup.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rationalgaze

christ this place is getting stupid. Gay aliens? How about a gay tree? Or a gay waterfall? Can I sell you a gay pet rock? Aliens are most likely androgynous, if you actually knew ANYTHING about a life besides your own you'd realize that. I'm not gay bashing in any way, we're all equal, but this sort of discussion just cheapens the whole site in many ways. The only people who bother to reply are people just wanting to blurt out something dumb, either about aliens not existing, gay people not existing, or gay aliens taking over the planet. People make me sick.

I totally have to agree. So gay aliens is the latest hot topic on ATS? What next......?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
They could carry their DNA in thirds and require all three genders to contribute to create offspring. Or they could reproduce by cloning, either in an asexual natural process or using technology, and thus not need gender at all.

I suspect that gender is a mostly human trait, though there is no reason that an alien species cannot have two genders. If some do, it is entirely possible that same-gender attraction might occur, though it would not provide an evolutionary advantage and such cases would thus be a small minority. Then again, aliens might have a completely different idea about sexuality and love than we do, not connecting them together at all. In which case they love who they love, which has no bearing on their sexual relations - which are used solely for reproductive purposes.

It is impossible to say.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I think lots of alien races would be one gender, and would not need sex to reproduce.

Do you guys not think this?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueyedevil666
no as aliens aren't real.

You have extraterrestrial genes in your DNA. www.agoracosmopolitan.com...

Aliens are more real than you thought.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I tend to think that some aliens would be gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgenders. I say this because every species on this planet has them to a certain degree.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
As soon as I read the thread title, I burst out in laughter

Thanks for the laugh.

Anyway, I would think higher intelligence would not have labels like gay or whatever. Love is just love, no matter who you are or you like.

You want a simple answer? Yes, there are gay aliens just like there are gay humans and animals.

With that anal probing going on, you gotta wonder.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
It's kind of hard to say, I mean we haven't even spoken to aliens. They might, but I don't know.

Some animals on earth though have some homosexuals within their species. Maybe homosexuality/bisexuality is an earthling thing?

top topics

join