It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knicks mock the Celtics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This out of New York where apparently some of its players and the coach have lost perspective in what is called WINNING!

As if forgetting they were a 2-9 club just six days ago, the Knicks were in a feisty mood after practice this morning when asked about tomorrow night's trip to Boston. Quentin Richardson got things started by all but mocking the 11-2 Celtics, which didn't seem too smart considering the C's blasted them by 40 up there in the preseason and have been by far the East's best team this year.

But Richardson wouldn't be denied, stating flatly that the Celtics are basically a three-man team with Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce. Isiah Thomas didn't disagree, saying the Celtics have always lacked depth even going back to their 1980s heyday. Thomas also reiterated the deep-seated hatred he has for all things Celtic that goes back to his playing days, saying he doesn't have a single piece of green fabric in his entire wardrobe

SOURCE

So since they only a 3 man team, they should have no problem beating the Celtics tonight.

Right?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The Celtics only 2 losses of the season were a because a missed shot at the end of the game, and Ray Allen missing the two free throws the other night. The Knicks shouldn't be talking. The whole franchise is an embarrassment. Can someone that follow the Knicks please tell how Isiah still has a job?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I'd be more offended that he took a swipe at the '80s Celtics for lack of depth. That's just retarded.

Isiah's just trying to fire up his own as well as he's trying to throw the Celtics off their game. That being said, Isiah trashes his legacy on a daily basis.

Peace

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
New York: 59
Boston: 104

Good one.

Give the Knicks credit. They kept it within 50.

[edit on 11/29/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

New York: 59
Boston: 104

Good one.

Give the Knicks credit. They kept it within 50.

Ridiculous wasn't it? I guess KG, Pierce, and Ray only played 20 min.

Isiah always seems to have this coy smirk on his face no matter what the circumstances are... what's up with that? Maybe the magic 8-ball told him something we don't know about?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
Isiah always seems to have this coy smirk on his face no matter what the circumstances are... what's up with that? Maybe the magic 8-ball told him something we don't know about?

He's not playing with a full deck. Remember when he would always refer to himself in the 3rd person? Things like "Isiah had a good night tonight. He could see his shot".

Weird.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Remember when he would always refer to himself in the 3rd person? Things like "Isiah had a good night tonight. He could see his shot".

I never knew about that.

I always thought he had a screw loose. I think that's pretty much been confirmed.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
XD XD XD

I didn't know about all that stuff happening before the game. I didn't think a pummeling like that could get any sweeter. This belatedly made my day.

new topics

top topics

join