It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night Shift=Graveyard Shift

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I've been working 2nd shift now for about 13 years, and I love it and feel so much better than when I worked 1st shift.

I go to bed when I get sleepy and get up when I wake up. Getting up naturally without an alarm is wonderful! When I worked 1st shift I was always draggy and tired because I never felt like I got enough sleep. I was forcing myself to go to bed at night when I wasn't sleepy and then forcing myself to get up in the morning when I wanted to sleep more.

Also, my energy level, creativity, and mental sharpness peaks in late afternoon...around 3 - 4 p.m. When I worked 1st shift, I was almost finished with my day's work when my mind and body was just kicking into gear. In contrast, while working 2nd shift, I'm starting work when my mind and body are at its best.

When I was working during the daytime, it seemed like I had little time to be outdoors in the sun since daytime hours were spent at work. In the winter, it would get dark while I was still at work. I would drive to and from work in darkness.

In the summer, by the time I got through rush hour traffic and got home to prepare dinner, there were just a few hours of daytime left for me to enjoy.

Now, I typically get up around noon and can enjoy sunshine until around 3:30 - 4:30 p.m....depending on what time I'm scheduled in the evening. It's nice to have those afternoon hours to enjoy by sitting on my balcony in the sun reading or spending time outdoors if I please.

My husband's a night person like me, and he also has always felt sluggish and slow during the daytime. He also feels the best working 2nd shift.

Given the choice, I will always choose working nights...despite the possible health problems and with or without extra pay. (Currently, I don't get paid a shift differential.) I just feel so much better working 2nd shift. Maybe my body's biorhythms are a little different from other people's?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I would like to give my opinion here too as i am concerned about this.

Im a security agent and i have been working at night for the last 6 months, and i was quite adapted to my hours (8pm-7am).

In december 2008 i got a new planning and started work 4 nights (11hrs work), 3 days resting, 4 days(13hrs work), 3 days resting and so on.
The results ?
Depression, couldnt sleep more than 3-4hrs per day/night, loosing weight (6Kg in a month), loss of appetite and very irritated.
I could stand about 50 days like this.
Now im at home with a medical condition. Stomach infection and pneumonia and near imbearable backpain.

Im an sportif, 40min jog all days , i go to work by bike 10 Km, plus fitness 3 times a week.
Never had any kind of health problems like this.

Shift work is no joke.
Have to keep an eye very close on your health and any small changes.
You should never mess with your Circadian rhythm. We are biological beigns and even a small change in the way we produce chemicals can be enough to set you off.

Those with blood pression problems should avoid at all costs night shifts.
The little extra money doesnt worth.

For me this was a sign to change job immediately.

I wish good luck for those stuck with night shift.
Take care.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join