It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Measles deaths in Africa drop 91 percent thanks to immunization drive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Measles deaths in Africa drop 91 percent thanks to immunization drive

news.yahoo.com

CAPE TOWN, South Africa - In a rare public health success story on the world's most beleaguered continent, Africa has slashed deaths from measles by 91 percent since 2000 thanks to an immunization drive.

The Measles Initiative said Thursday that worldwide measles deaths fell from an estimated 757,000 to 242,000 between 2000 and 2006, a reduction of 68 percent made possible by the remarkable gains in Africa, which cut fatalities from an estimated 396,000 to 36,000.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
91% drop. 91 percent. Geeee maybe those immunizations work eh? I eagerly await the horde o' anti vaccine posters who will again point to questionable references, flawed premises, and general fear mongering in an attempt to justify thier fear mongering, trendy opinion.

Its about time the African people got some good news. Kudos to the organizations involved in the program.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Read the fine print:

"The figures are a mixture of projections and hard epidemiological data."

Exactly how much are 'projections' and how much is hard data? They don't tell us. I seriously doubt measles is killing hundreds of thousands around the world. We all had measles when I was a kid--very, very few died from it. And of course they don't mention how the AIDS and cancer and sterilization viruses are deliberately slipped into the shots.

Vaccines? JUST SAY NO!!!!

[edit on 29-11-2007 by starviego]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Wow thanks for that informative well thought out post
Im not surprised mind you. The bottom line is that the vaccinations worked eh?

So where is the anti vaccine crowd? Kind of like roaches when you snap on the light, running for cover. Nothing like hard facts to clear the room eh :shk:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
It's moments like these (Americans invented the vaccine) that make me enormously proud to be an American. We *can* make the world a better place, we just have to put our minds to it.

top topics

join