It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Military wants control of the Internet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

U.S. Military wants control of the Internet

news.bbc.co.uk

Bloggers beware.

As the world turns networked, the Pentagon is calculating the military opportunities that computer networks, wireless technologies and the modern media offer.

From influencing public opinion through new media to designing "computer network attack" weapons, the US military is learning to fight an electronic war.

The declassified document is called "Information Operations Roadmap". It was obtained by the National Security Archive at George Washington University using the Freedom of Information Act.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It is time to either be careful in our blogs or to just let it fly. I personally have no fear of the government and/or the military as I seem them as a bunch of bullying blow hards.

I was never frightened of the bully at school. I had ways of putting them in their place!

Love to hear everyone's opinion on this.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Well, the only thing they might do is block certain sites, such as ATS, Fulldisklosure and other discussion boards that would be viewed as counter to what the government wants disseminated. I suppose that is what bothers me the most about the whole idea of the government monitoring the internet.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Well, the only thing they might do is block certain sites, such as ATS

Nooooooooo!

Ok let's remain calm. The CIA has had a massive psychological campaign going since WW2 (they learned it from the Brits) and they are merely trying to find the best avenue for influencing internet users. It's a new age, and one would expect there to be documents regarding psychological operations in this new information age.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76

It's a new age,

True, and it's dependent upon us as to what that constitutes.. It can either be the age of peace, love and light, as the original plannners intended it. Or, it can be one of chaos and disaster, as others have formulated in the last 70 years...

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
AARRGGHHHH! Beaten to the punch again!

Oh well, here is another link. There are 5 parts to the entire report, ranging from psychological operations to cyber-warfare. Truly diabolical stuff - and this is only the stuff they are comfortable with us knowing about!

intelstrike.com...

www.knowledgedrivenrevolution.com...

Excerpt From External Text:

"It is now commonly understood that information and other new technologies... are creating a dynamic that may threaten America's ability to exercise its dominant military power."

"Control of space and cyberspace. Much as control of the high seas - and the protection of international commerce - defined global powers in the past, so will control of the new "international commons" be a key to world power in the future. An America incapable of protecting its interests or that of its allies in space or the "infosphere" will find it difficult to exert global political leadership."

"Although it may take several decades for the process of transformation to unfold, in time, the art of warfare on air, land, and sea will be vastly different than it is today, and "combat" likely will take place in new dimensions: in space, "cyber-space," and perhaps the world of microbes."

End External Text*

For whatever reason my ATS tool bar is not an option on the reply field for this thread, I'll try to clean it up in an edit.

[edit on 29/11/07 by kosmicjack]

[edit on 29/11/07 by kosmicjack]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
www.knowledgedrivenrevolution.com...

Excerpt From External Text:

This document defined information operations as follows:

"The integrated employment of the core capabilities of Electronic Warfare, Computer Network Operations, Psychological Operations, Military Deception and Operations Security, in concert with specified supporting and related capabilities, to influence, disrupt, corrupt or usurp adversarial human and automated decisions-making while protecting our own." - 22

End External Text*

Anyone know what's up with the ATS Tool Bar? I hope I am not violating T&C.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
It won't happen, it will only lead to China and other countries creating their own internet as they have already hinted.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
One of the chapters is called, "We Must Fight the Net" and the last isn't "available" until the first week of December, anyone have a link to the full document?

I tried researching "pay per click" and there's a world of advertising w/ the search idea; this is where my fear remains, who knows what kind of slave state they could turn it into, there's already computers w/ biometrics build in; also, like another person mentioned, there could be blocks on certain sites and w/ all the criminals in gov't, I don't doubt more bills aimed at restricting its use.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Well since DARPA created the Internet, how much of it do they already control? The World Wide Web on the other hand was not created by the military but it does utilize a portion of the Internet. Thats what ATS is on. Even if there was a Internet lock down, I think good portions of the Web would just relocate to a new non American controlled Internet.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
They dont just want control of the internet they want control of the world and everything going on on it. What we say what we think were we shop what we read etc......

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Nice topic . Too bad the news article is "US plans to 'fight the net' revealed"
Not the topic you posted.

[edit on 1-2-2008 by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
have they ever considered they are the ones in need of behavorial modification?,there supposed to be protecting the innocents,not conquering them!?

when did it all go wrong!!?,where did all this evil come from?.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
IO, Information Operation, is just what the military calls the fighting of countries, groups, etc in cyperspace.

"The authors warn that US networks are very vulnerable to attack by hackers, enemies seeking to disable them, or spies looking for intelligence."

THAT'S the idea behind "fighting the net". The military isn't going to "take over" the internet. They just don't want to get attacked thru the net.

And besides, only Al Gore can take over the internet.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Well now that the undersea lines are being cut- would someone be kind enough to make me a tin foil hat? Size 9 3/4 please!

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well, the only thing they might do is block certain sites, such as ATS.

I really dont think they would block sites like this. In fact I believe they would encourage them. There are enough skeptics out there to say that users of these sites and believers of such conspiracies are "crackpots" or "extremists" with little or no credability.
Even on ATS there is a great number of nay sayers who try and discredit anything anyone has to say no matter how pheasable it may seem....

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Yeah baaaaybeeee! It's pretty obvious that it's "gloves off" from here on out huh? USA vs "the wet paper bag"? Kickin', Main-Event.

They of "them" are but one force (very adept and with the finest weaponry made for silicon exploits) but just one force under ONE philosophy. Big weakness... they haven't learned their own lessons. They only picked a fight with????? Um, everyone who counts? Can't be many more people on the planet to declare war on... 'cept maybe themselves.

New century phat. We have the luxury of a diversities of paths on which to lead. Give 'em a good story when you can. I wonder... Intel-Tourism... I bet that'd sell in Seoul. LOL.

Shut the Net off? Go ahead. Got it covered. Been waitin'...

5 times gone that Pentagon. You know there must be some... ours and true.

Vic

[edit on 5-2-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

You rock and rule! Love your speak. Give this theory a little peek! Its really one of the better theories in history. Yes, I said it! Its really the best I have ever read- Wish I had written it!

One thing is for sure- you sure as schitt could have!

thegallopingbeaver.blogspot.com...

Wwwweeeeeeeeeeee! SWOOP!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Eery post seems to be overlooking the very distinct possibility that they may not uses the "net or "web" as a weapon, but that it can certainly be used to identify every single person they veiw as a threat.

This means YOU.

Those who question what is going on are their #1 threat and they dont have to look for these people, they are stating exactly who they are and exactly what they think in forums just like this one. If your wondering if your on a "list" you can stop wondering. YOU ARE. The question is, where on the list are you, and what will they use this information for?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hey as long as Al Gore is still alive,he invented the internet,maybe we can get him to make a new better one

top topics

<<   2 >>

join