NEWS: Baby Girl Born with Second Head- Surgery Planned

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Rebeca Martinez was born Dec. 17, with a second, partially formed head atop her own. Surgery is planned to remove the head, which is believed to be an undeveloped twin. The surgery is necessary to remove pressure that may damage development of Rebeca's own brain. While success is expected, doctors caution that it is still a risky procedure.

CURE International is paying for the medical expenses for the operation. The family is remaining optimistic. While the head is labeled as 'unformed', the partial brain shows signs of activity. When Rebeca is feeding, the lips of the partial head move. Rebeca is the eighth recorded case of this type.
link
"SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic - A Dominican infant born with a second head will undergo a risky operation Friday to remove the appendage, which has a partially formed brain, ears, eyes and lips."
I hope Rebeca survives the operation. I do find it intriguing that the 'extra' head shows signs of activity and repsonses to the environment. Strange occurence, indeed.

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
So, the question is, does the second head have a soul? Nasty to contemplate, but it leads us into deep questions. I see no reason why not, if the second head can cry and the like. And does that make the head the seat of the soul? Which would mean that more than one soul can reside in a body.

new topics

join