It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks to Springer...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
As everyone has probably seen by now, from our January statistics, we're almost at double the traffic/bandwidth level we were when we first started using this Dual-Xeon server. Also, we experienced a security concern that caused the need to "re-roll" the server with updated core services and security. Springer has graciously helped to fund the re-roll and updating of our server (which was accomplished by a professional consultant), and he and I will be collaborating on additional improvements to make sure ATS can continued to deliver. As a sign of our appreciation for his support, Springer has been elevated to the status of "Moderator" so that he can now access the beer in the fridge in the Cosmic (staff-only) forum. (but there are no moderation duties for him yet... he's just an ATS insider now) Offer your thanks, and congratulations to our new Sugar-Daddy... Springer.
[Edited on 4-2-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Ooooops...sorry Will...you mean we weren't meant to share those beers around?? Oh heck, I've been hooking up my bro Springer with a cold bottle of suds for ages now...

Wicked stuff brother...you da man!

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Awesome contribution, Springer. You are to be commended.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Good on ya Springer ;P

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
We got a sugardaddy!

Seriously way above effort there Spinger.

You rock n' roll.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Very many thanx Springer for your generous donation - and congrats, too, on the "promotion"!!

Much appreciated by all - good job!!

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Indeed. Mad props to him. You done good, omae.

DE

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by DeusEx]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
thank you springer

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Well Thanx to Springer all of this was possible.

Thanx and congrats on the Mod promotion.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Two kinds of sugar daddys on the lose..

Your choise..

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
As a sign of our appreciation for his support, Springer has been elevated to the status of "Moderator" so that he can now access the beer in the fridge in the Cosmic (staff-only) forum. (but there are no moderation duties for him yet... he's just an ATS insider now)
[Edited on 4-2-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

Wrong, so very wrong.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Wrong, so very wrong.

why??

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
He became a moderator because he paid for a server upgrade.

I'm not launching into a #storm or slandering springer, what he did was very generous and i thank him for it, more than most would do for ATS.

However, in my eyes becoming a mod is the wrong way to pay someone back and i hope Springer sincerely refuses.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I know why Nerdling sports his view, and I remember William mentioning something very specific on this subject, but I'm not going to touch this issue with a 36 and a half foot pole ...

Given the people and issues involved here, this thread could be an epicenter of drama... or not, with fair advance warning. So if you got something personal to say, do it via u2u.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
THANKS AND CONGRATULATIONS!!! *starts a rousing rendition of "He's a jolly good fellow" sung to the tune of the "Star Spangled Banner"*

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzChris

Wrong, so very wrong.

why??

Well what Nerdling is talking about is this 'bribe' thing..

This is how corruption works also in real world..

You give money and 'gain status' for nothing that is real / earned..

But what do i know..

Just guessing..

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This is not about bribes, i feel that it's an incorrect reward for a very generous act.

I assume i'll be shouted down soon enough though, so i will remain here voicing my quiet disagreement on this.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
.....ohhh now I see what it takes to make "that step".

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Nerdling, I am NOT going to be "moderating" anyone. I AM going to be keeping a watchful eye from a security standpoint, fear not.

When I invest I like to be able to participate in the protection of the asset, simple as that. I have NO dreams of handing out warns or deleting threads - won't happen, NOT my style.

PEACE...
m...

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Nerdling, I am NOT going to be "moderating" anyone. I AM going to be keeping a watchful eye from a security standpoint, fear not.

Alright then, but it will appear to many as "cash for status"

I still have my reservations but if you are indeed staff then welcome to the family.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join